Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Graphene Ceramic To Use

Trap

Question

I just picked up a 2013 Boss 302 (Gotta have it Green).

Since it will be in hibernation I am going to give it a complete going over this winter. 

The car will only be used in the some and then maybe 1 or 2 times a week. 

Is it worth putting on Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating

or would I be just as happy with the spray Graphene Coating. 

Odd are I would be polishing it out again after 4-5 years would the spray on last that long with the car garaged 95% of the time.

Should also add I have enough of both to do the job, and time is not an issue

Thanks

Edited by Trap

8 answers to this question

Hi Al,
What I like for the true garage queens that rarely go out is the original Ceramic Paste Wax.  While it does not quite produce the visual appeal of Americana or Patriots, it still looks great and it will last a year on a true garage queen.   You can blow the dust off the car using your air cannon or even you compressor using a wide blower and that is the part the I like so much about the original Ceramic Paste Wax.  

When you do take the car out and you want it to pop, just go over it with some Brillaint Glaze and it will shine and look outstanding.

I've had this container for close to 4 years and probably done 25 vehicles and have enough for another 50 or so or another 10 years worth.  If you dont have any see if someone will trade with you.  The liquid ceramic wax isn't the same as the original Ceramic Paste Wax and one important point, very little wax goes a long way.

IMG_1830.jpg

Thanks Ray and Rich, I like the idea of the wax, also but as Rich said no longer available. I really like the graphene finishes, cause after 2+ years on my 

on one of my vehicles (put on when new) other than a couple of rock chips the car still looks better than new, and it is washed every couple of weeks, with no scratches or swirls. But since it will be indoors 95% of the time my thoughts are that the Graphene Spray on Coating should easily last 3-4 years, at which time I would probably want to polish it again before recoating it

1 hour ago, Trap said:

Thanks Ray and Rich, I like the idea of the wax, also but as Rich said no longer available. I really like the graphene finishes, cause after 2+ years on my 

on one of my vehicles (put on when new) other than a couple of rock chips the car still looks better than new, and it is washed every couple of weeks, with no scratches or swirls. But since it will be indoors 95% of the time my thoughts are that the Graphene Spray on Coating should easily last 3-4 years, at which time I would probably want to polish it again before recoating it

Agreed on some extended longevity. I'd recommend the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating Advanced, it's one of my top 2 favorite coatings, next to the Professional Grade Graphene Ceramic Coating.

While I don't know the affect on the Advanced, it does slightly lower the longevity of the Spray Coating.  However, if you only do it a couple of times a year, say before a car show and given that you have a true garage queen, it shouldn't be enough to require an early recoat.   With the coatings, you can only use Brilliant Glaze on top of it since you have to apply the Coating on the clean paint surface that has been properly prepped or it will not stick.

It’s such a tough decision. I will add that I’ve tried almost every coating along the way, and for whatever reason, I’ve had much better (noticeable) luck in the looks/appearance department with the spray coatings vs the small bottle. Neither of which have blown me away (on just looks) like some waxes in past history.  BUT, the coatings just bead everything and clean up soooo nice. But for a weekend warrior, does that matter much?  1st world problems; the struggle is real. 

I just recently started experimenting with the updated spray wax and G&G on top of my coated vehicles in search of the best look.  But after reading this, I’d sure be interested in trying the ceramic paste wax.  I’d probably even try Patriot if it wasn’t always sold out.  

Edited by galaxy

On 12/7/2023 at 6:49 PM, galaxy said:

It’s such a tough decision. I will add that I’ve tried almost every coating along the way, and for whatever reason, I’ve had much better (noticeable) luck in the looks/appearance department with the spray coatings vs the small bottle. Neither of which have blown me away (on just looks) like some waxes in past history.  BUT, the coatings just bead everything and clean up soooo nice. But for a weekend warrior, does that matter much?  1st world problems; the struggle is real. 

I just recently started experimenting with the updated spray wax and G&G on top of my coated vehicles in search of the best look.  But after reading this, I’d sure be interested in trying the ceramic paste wax.  I’d probably even try Patriot if it wasn’t always sold out.  

Have to agree with you, I almost would like to just use wax on it, but I really do like the added protection that the Graphene Ceramic coating gives. I will most likely end up using the Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating (small Bottle) just for the protection.

Edited by Trap