Customer Service 866.965.0400

Someone stole all my Adam's stuff and tools :(

IMADreamer

All morning I've been working on detailing my mower and my mothers car. I brought all my stuff to my parents house to do the job and I just finished washing both of them when the phone rang and it was my Grandfather who couldn't get out of his chair and sounded like his speech was slurring. So we all rush to his house, I didn't even think of putting my stuff up because I was in a hurry. So we get there call 911 because it looks like he's had a stroke and go to the hospital. Turns out he did have a stroke, but the good news is he's slowly regaining use of his leg and he has full use of his hands. His speech is a little iffy still.

So being that he is stable but going to be transferred to a bigger hospital my Mom asked me to come home and pack some things for her because she will go and stay with him tonight. So as I pull in I realize I left everything outside in the rush to get to his house. So as I walk up on the porch I get this sinking feeling as I notice all my detailing supplies and two socket sets are gone. :( The crazy thing is the riding lawn mower was left with the key in it and it's untouched. I would have thought they would have went for that?

The thing is all the stuff was on the porch which you can't see what's on it from the road. I understand them taking my socket sets, well ok I don't understand it but I see a thief stealing that, but my car cleaning stuff? I lost a bucket (full of water btw), wash mit, about a dozen mf towels, applicators, buttery wax, undercarriage spray, GWC which I've only used once. :(APC (almost empty), and BSG which I was going to use for the first time today, metal polish, and some Meqs scratch x and detail spray. They did leave my two tire brushes and my revive polish.

Well somewhere in my town some lowlifes are going to be cruising around with a really shiny car.

First off I'm glad to hear your grandfather is doing better. I hope he makes a full recovery :hi::hi::hi:

As for whoever stole you stuff, I hope they get swine flu :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

All morning I've been working on detailing my mower and my mothers car. I brought all my stuff to my parents house to do the job and I just finished washing both of them when the phone rang and it was my Grandfather who couldn't get out of his chair and sounded like his speech was slurring. So we all rush to his house, I didn't even think of putting my stuff up because I was in a hurry. So we get there call 911 because it looks like he's had a stroke and go to the hospital. Turns out he did have a stroke, but the good news is he's slowly regaining use of his leg and he has full use of his hands. His speech is a little iffy still.

So being that he is stable but going to be transferred to a bigger hospital my Mom asked me to come home and pack some things for her because she will go and stay with him tonight. So as I pull in I realize I left everything outside in the rush to get to his house. So as I walk up on the porch I get this sinking feeling as I notice all my detailing supplies and two socket sets are gone. :( The crazy thing is the riding lawn mower was left with the key in it and it's untouched. I would have thought they would have went for that?

The thing is all the stuff was on the porch which you can't see what's on it from the road. I understand them taking my socket sets, well ok I don't understand it but I see a thief stealing that, but my car cleaning stuff? I lost a bucket (full of water btw), wash mit, about a dozen mf towels, applicators, buttery wax, undercarriage spray, GWC which I've only used once. :(APC (almost empty), and BSG which I was going to use for the first time today, metal polish, and some Meqs scratch x and detail spray. They did leave my two tire brushes and my revive polish.

Well somewhere in my town some lowlifes are going to be cruising around with a really shiny car.

Sorry about your stuff man, but at least your grandfather is doing good.

Here's a good rule of thumb to check if someone has had a stroke.........ask them to smile.

A person who has had a stroke cannot smile. It has to do with the muscles required to smile.

Glad he's okay. Are you sure one of your NICE neighbors didn't just put it away for you?

That sucks.

Are you sure one of your NICE neighbors didn't just put it away for you?

That sucks.

That was my first (optimistic) thought... maybe someone put the stuff away or stashed it in their garage for you. Can't hurt to ask around. If nothing else maybe someone will say if they saw someone suspect.

More importantly, I hope your grandfather has a good, quick recovery.

Rich

That sucks man... just goes to show that its hard to have anything nice anymore. On the bright side your grandfather is doing better and I'm sure you'd gladly trade $1,000,000 of detailing product for him.

The only course of action I see at this point is to get some empty adams bottles, fill them with highly corrosive chemicals and leave them out along with a couple MF towels laced with sand and wait for the theif to return. :D

Jason

I trust you realize your quick reactions most likely saved your Grandfather from further harm.

I applaud you for that, and for realizing just what is important in life....

I like to think of us on the Forum as "Family"....After meeting so many great folks last weekend, I know this to be the case.

PM me your mailing address if you will.....I will gladly replace some of the Adams stuff you lost...as long as you promise...

NO MORE "MUCK-GUIARS"!!!:lolsmack:

Seriously, I just started getting everything together for "Detailing Season"...and I have more than I need...

Wish your Grandfather the best from us all!!

:2thumbs::cheers:

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Sounds like your grandfather will be OK thanks to your quick thinking.

As for the thief's, Karma's a b!tch. They will have to answer for there actions some day.

I second ALF01's offer. I have a gallon of GWC and a gallon of UCS. I do not have any extra bottles, but if you don't mind regular spray bottles I will be glad to send you a bottle of each. PM me your address. :rockon:

Edited by bcampbe7

You guys are so awesome, you really are. I can't accept any free stuff though, it just wouldn't seem right. I can replenish my stock over time and it looks like Jason might be willing to give me a deal which would be wonderful. I can't thank you guys enough though for your generosity, but please save it for someone who is less fortunate then I am.

I'm a little overwhelmed actually, you guys, this forum, Adam's you guys are all just amazing. Thank you for the support.

wow bro that is terrible...people really have issues. i live in a decently wealthy suburb of nj and they go around at night onto peoples driveways and steal stuff out of peoples cars (radar detectors, navis) in fact really messed up. someone stole my mothers friends blessed mother and gratto he said the thing had to weigh 100 lbs easily. go figure. (for any catholic you know where that theif is going to end up :) )

First off I want you to know your grandfather is in my prayers. I know I thought my grandfather was one of the best people in the world as it sounds like you do also, which makes it rough when something happens to them.

And for the scum of the Earth that took YOUR belongings, they have whats coming to them. I could go on forever telling you what I think of people like that but I won't give them the satisfaction. I've also got alot of product that I wouldn't mind parting with to get a fellow AF member rolling again. :cheers:

Guys thanks again so much, your thoughts and prayers for my Grandpa mean a lot. He's doing ok. He still has limited use of his left leg, but good strength in his arms and his speech is doing better. It doesn't look like he will be able to live at home any more but plans are being made for him to go to assisted living and the doctors do think he will be ok, just maybe with limited use of that leg.

He means alot to me. I lost my other Grandfather when I was 5 and somehow I had the foresight while growing up to realize that the family is the most important thing in life so I've been very close with the one Grandfather I have left. The loss of my cleaning supplies and tools pales in comparison to the importance of his health.

In other good news though, a friend locally suprised me with some of his surplus of buttery wax and some other Adam's goodies. Then Jason hooked me up this morning with a great deal to replace the rest of my supplies.

I can't thank everyone enough for the support and to Adam's for really taking care of their customers. Thank you so much.

Glad to hear your Grandfather is recovering, you are right we must enjoy them while we have them. I am a firm believer what goes around comes around. They will ultimately pay for their actions. Keep the faith and you and your Grandfather are in my prayers.

Hey Jason, you are a good dude. Did we get you replenished 100%? Email me if not, as we would certainly like to make you whole again.

Glad to hear your Grandfather is doing well. I relocated to PA in 2005 to look after mine. Changed his diaper two days before he passed away. Being there for you family is admirable, to say the least. :thumbsup: