Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lug Nut polishing?

DCRANER

Question

Hope I'm in the right place, suggetion for a new product.

I find the lug nuts hard to detail, plus the space between the lug and the wheel. Fairly easy to clean with the wheel brush / GWC but usually left sort of dull compared to the outer wheel area. Polishing the other wheel area is quite easy, but the lug area is tedious.

So, I am thinking of a tool, like a socket shape covered with MF inside & out. If that had a stud to put on a drill you could put a dab of metal polish on both sides of the MF socket and buzz over the lug nuts. Getting a nice finish to the lugs and surrounding area. Then polish the other wheel areas as usual.

I think that would be a great Adam's tool.

20 answers to this question

Something like this?

54223.jpg

:D:D

That's for washing, can do about the same with a wheel brush. But, a tool shaped like that which could spin on a drill and be MF so it would stand up to polishing. That's the thought. Thanks.

Where do you find a tool like that Brian? I've never seen one. But I like the idea....especially for polishing.

I found it on Ecklers, I just googled lug nut polisher and went to images.

Jesse, I belive it did have something on the inside to clean.

I've been thinking of something like this also, but was thinking of the washing aspect of it, but either way it would need somehow to keep it clean while using.

Might have to check on of those units out, thanks Brian!

So you googled "nut polisher".... Can't imagine what other results came up with that search. :willy:

Well, there was this waitress at Denny's, she was really ..............ahh, maybe you're right, leave it alone. :jester:

So you googled "nut polisher".... Can't imagine what other results came up with that search. :willy:

Hopefully Safe Search was on...lol. Google Images can give some pretty wild results :eek:

The wheel brush that mc2hill works well. Q-tips usually leave behind little fibers that get really annoying. Another option are the foam brushes you can get at a hardware store (which also work great for trim!).

Hopefully Safe Search was on...lol. Google Images can give some pretty wild results :eek:

The wheel brush that mc2hill works well. Q-tips usually leave behind little fibers that get really annoying. Another option are the foam brushes you can get at a hardware store (which also work great for trim!).

Hey Frank,

I was thinking more of polishing than cleaning.

I can buy a good soft paint brush at the hardware store to clean, but my thought was an easier way to polish the lug nut & tight area on the wheel around the lug nut. So, I suggested something like a socket shape lined with MF that you could spin with a drill dabbing metal polish on the MF lined socket.

Hey Frank,

I was thinking more of polishing than cleaning.

I can buy a good soft paint brush at the hardware store to clean, but my thought was an easier way to polish the lug nut & tight area on the wheel around the lug nut. So, I suggested something like a socket shape lined with MF that you could spin with a drill dabbing metal polish on the MF lined socket.

i know exactly what your talking about. maybe if you take a peice of PVC Pipe and glue some microfiber to the inside/outside. and some how rig a stick to it to allow it to be attached to the drill??