Customer Service 866.965.0400

Products shipping in cold temps

Jeeper

Question

Hello Everyone I just placed a order for some waterless wash in the 16oz size to try.It will be shipping to the Northeast and the temps are getting really cold 20`s and 30`s,will this damage the products during shipping and delivery.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

So after all this hoopla, my original question still hasn`t been answered.The waterless wash is a brand new product and I am sure it hasn`t been shipped in extreme cold temps yet.I can assure you that this product will be a big ice cube when it arrives.The temps here in CT are in the 20`s right now during the day.The reason for buying this product is to use after a selfserv wash before toweling in case I missed something.And by the way I did search before posting and there is nothing posted for this new product pertaining to my question.Maybe Adam could get us the answer.

ya I realized I left my car wash shampoo in my detailing trailer and it has to have frozen atleast once, any idea on if its till good?

That is the one product that has a chance, but I'd get it out of there if you can :thumbsup:

well i just got my daily special on saturday that had the interior detail kit and it was all frozen. it also had the VRT and metal polish....they thawed out and it looks like they mixed back together. is there anything in the interior kit that would be affected by the freeze and thaw along with the VRT and metal polish? thanks!!

My order I placed on Monday is not gonna leave Colorado until this coming Monday due to cold issues and weather conditions.

It's better to wait a little bit than to have it freeze in transit. Sounds like a very good idea. :2thumbs:

I live in PA. I've probably received a frozen one of everything by now. The only products I had that I could not save on being defrosted, where the All Purpose cleaner, Detail Spray and the Waterless Car Wash. The All purpose cleaner totally separated in the gallon jug. The other two, blew the bottom right out of the bottle.

Adams has always made good on any product I've had a problem with and reported to them. If the product is frozen, you stand a chance of it not working as it should. I've thawed them out and kept them for personal use (not for sale).

Beyond that, if it doesn't look right Call Ashley. :cheers:

edit: good excuse to buy more product in the spring

Actually, some of the products won't work after freezing. Most wax and polish hate temp changes, and won't mix back together.

If you shake the bottle, and the product wont mix together, it's a dead bottle!:(

Product Freezing: Official Post!

Friends, sorry for chiming in late with this response!

Well, the major bummer with our chemicals freezing is bursting the bottles. We have frozen and used all of our products, and they all mix back together after being shaken.

The Detail Spray will turn dark red. The Car Shampoo will separate, light pink on the bottom.

We look at the weather in the direction of where the orders are being delivered, and if freezing temps are expected, we will hold the order back until the weather is better. (We realize few people are detailing in below freezing temperatures.)

So, the official answer: Products hate temperature changes, too cold or hot. Keeping products from freezing is important, mostly to keep the product from expanding and blowing out the bottles, then thawing in a leaking mess!

When products overheat, they are more likely to spoil, and not mix back together once shaken. Please don't store products in your trunk, or a garage where the temps go over 90 degrees.

If there is ever a product that arrives frozen and broken, we will replace it. If a product arrives boiling, or hot to the touch, the world is likely coming to an end, and it won't matter anyway. :lol:

Come to think of it, all of our products and customer service has a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. 110%.

So, I hope that answers it, and apologize again for the delayed reply!!

As always, if there are any issues with our deliveries, we will absolutely make good on it.

I promise. ;)

-Adam:thumbsup:

read my post.

but in all honesty, why not search first instead of expecting people to consistantly repost the same things over and over?

Sorry, please re-read my post.…

He asked if the product will be damaged, the post you directed him to states you (Adams) have a plan. That doesn't answer the man's question.

The post you directly him to is a year old - I wouldn't consider that "constant", cleaning towels, fabric softner and - I'd agree,

Honestly, at least two CUSTOMER were interested in the answer. I understand it's a forum, but it's also a business. IF a client who JUST ordered some product asks you a question it should be answered, no matter HOW silly or redundant the question. I don't see the harm and it is good business practice.

Have a good day

JC

Archived