Customer Service 866.965.0400

What pays the bills?

trashauler

So what pays the bills and supports your habbits and hobbies?

I am a Fleet Manager of a Trucking company. I oversee the maintenance and spec and purchase all of our equipment. We have about 300 trucks, 600 trailers, and over 65 pieces of heavy equipment. We are located in 13 states. Our primary business is hauling garbage from transfer station to landfill.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm transitioning right now. I've worked for the Democratic Party for the last 4 years as a campaign coordinator but I started working as a Water Treatment Engineer in Training 16 months ago which will hopefully become my only full time job in December. So I'm working two jobs right now until I become a full Engineer, which doesn't leave much time for fun, but it's stupid good money.

Shift coordinator/Shipping Manager for the west coast distribution center of the largest paper products and labeling company in the world. I oversee the outbound freight (100,000s of thousands of lbs of freight a night going everywhere in the world) and recently took on an added role of managing the shifts production schedule among other things... pay and benefits are great... stress level, hours, and lack of appreciation/support is not... and thus I will be starting a new job at the first of the month that I couldn't be happier about.

I also have done side work detailing for years, as well as helped Adam out when he needs it.

I own my own detailing shop called The Detail Shop that I have ran since June.My shop is about a 1000 square feet and can fit 3 cars in with no problem.I have a couple of friends that help me from time to time when needed but I will be letting my 14 year old help me this summer to learn the ropes of responsibilty and business and for sure the value of a dollar.

I've been on active duty with the army for 20 years. I'll be staying in a little bit longer since every year after 20 I gain 2.5% towards my retirment. Besides I'm still enjoying it. Also, my wife works in the local school system so she spoiles me from time to time when it comes to my Adam's addiction. The only catch is that I have to do her car before I can do my truck.

Rob

:patriot:

I've been on active duty with the army for 20 years. I'll be staying in a little bit longer since every year after 20 I gain 2.5% towards my retirment. Besides I'm still enjoying it. Also, my wife works in the local school system so she spoiles me from time to time when it comes to my Adam's addiction. The only catch is that I have to do her car before I can do my truck.

Rob

Thank you for your service sir. I shall soon be part of it. go to basic in June. :patriot:

I'm in graduate school right now but I work part time for my father's company. I'm involved with the service and installation of burglar/fire alarms, CCTV systems, data networking, home theater, and access control.

NOthing let been applying for a part time job while in school but no go. After school want to get in the secret service uniform division. To get three years of working exprience and maybe from the tranferr into a different federal job.

Uniform Division? Those the ones that go after fraud and such instead of protection detail for the President?

I'm in graduate school right now but I work part time for my father's company. I'm involved with the service and installation of burglar/fire alarms, CCTV systems, data networking, home theater, and access control.

Uniform Division? Those the ones that go after fraud and such instead of protection detail for the President?

They are just straight protection for the president and diplomats and washington D.C.. Also anywhere the president and the family travel. Fraud is under special agent.

Thank you for your service sir. I shall soon be part of it. go to basic in June. :patriot:

Where are you going to basic? I'm guessing Fort Jackson. Either way basic training is going to push you both mentally and physcially. It might seem like hell some days, but believe me you will enjoy it.

I was a Drill Sergeant for 2 years at Fort Benning. Some small advice for you. Keep your ears open and your mouth closed. Once you get to basic, you should have your parents or somebody post your address on here. We can write you some letters because it's always great to get mail! Good luck my friend.

Rob

NOthing let been applying for a part time job while in school but no go. After school want to get in the secret service uniform division. To get three years of working exprience and maybe from the tranferr into a different federal job.

Jesse you should look at Customs and Border Protection. They have a ton of openings. You'll start off as a GS-5 and within 4 years you'll be a journeyman GS-11. They make some good money especially with overtime.

Before I turned 38 I took the test, physical, background check and the interview. I was given a tentaive hiring letter (duty in Maine) and they are holding my job until I retire from the army. All I have to do is contact them every 6 months to tell them that I am still interested. I'm excited becuase I'll be collecting my Army pension and working towards another 20 year pension.

You should give them a look. Also, Customs has some pretty good assignments. Good luck.

Rob

Jesse you should look at Customs and Border Protection. They have a ton of openings. You'll start off as a GS-5 and within 4 years you'll be a journeyman GS-11. They make some good money especially with overtime.

Before I turned 38 I took the test, physical, background check and the interview. I was given a tentaive hiring letter (duty in Maine) and they are holding my job until I retire from the army. All I have to do is contact them every 6 months to tell them that I am still interested. I'm excited becuase I'll be collecting my Army pension and working towards another 20 year pension.

You should give them a look. Also, Customs has some pretty good assignments. Good luck.

Rob

All are options for me rob. I would loved to get in customs in Maine.

Archived