Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana vs other wax

dave_zok

Question

I dont have a jar of Americana wax, but i do have 8 bottles of MSW, and was looking to pick a couple jars up.

I have used P21S wax in the past, but most of my customers have daily drivers so i started used just MSW. I keep my 06 STI in the garage and i have a 5-6 jobs comming up that i could use it one too.

Long story short. Whats the differance between Americana and (for example) P21S wax.

23 answers to this question

I prefer Americana over my jar of $240 Swissvax Concorso. Although the Concorso is more fun to apply with bare hands than Americana.

Yea, the bare handed thing doesn't pan out so well with Americana... I tried it and immediately went back to the hex grip.

You will like it on your Vette, and I would say the darker, the better for the Americana. However, after waxing my wife's pearl-white SUV, I could absolutely see the difference. Seemed somehow, 'deeper' after the paste.

:2thumbs:

Agreed. When I used it on the '55 it made the white portion of the car so glassy. Worked wonders on the blue of course. See my avatar! :thumbsup:

Somebody told me that Adams Americana wax only works well on some colors.

Is this true? I like to try some on my vette:2thumbs:

You will like it on your Vette, and I would say the darker, the better for the Americana. However, after waxing my wife's pearl-white SUV, I could absolutely see the difference. Seemed somehow, 'deeper' after the paste.

:2thumbs:

I prefer Americana over my jar of $240 Swissvax Concorso. Although the Concorso is more fun to apply with bare hands than Americana.
Yea, the bare handed thing doesn't pan out so well with Americana... I tried it and immediately went back to the hex grip.

I have a friend that owns a Black Audi and only uses products from one of the companies that start with Z. He loaned me a jar of Zymol Concours Glaze to try. He told me to apply it by hand, bare hand. So I did what Barry the car crazy guy says to do. I tried them side by side. I did one half of my trunk with it and one half w/M16 (w/pad). His jar cost him about :eek: $175.00, my M16-$14.00. Sorry to say, no noticeable difference in the garage or direct sunlight. I also didn't like the fact my hands smelled even after washing with Dawn! Americana is on my fall shopping list, I think it's #3 on my Adam's wish list.

Thats my issue i want to try the Americana but i have 6 pots of different Dodo's enough wax to do my whole town twice.. lol but its been bugging me to try it..
Bingo! I'm right there with you. I have 1 pot of Dodo, 2 bottles of NXT 2.0, 1 tin of M16 paste, one tin of Gold Class paste, one tin Collinite 476, one almost empty DP Max Wax. With the exception of one bottle of NXT 2.0, all are open and used so E-bay is out of the question. Plus I've already waxed the washer, dryer, dishwasher, Radio Flyer wagon, refrigerator, golf club shafts, all 32 fishing poles and A/C unit. I keep telling myself: patience Grasshopper, and I won't even get into all the polishes I have! :lolsmack:

Thats my issue i want to try the americana but i have 6 pots of different Dodo's enough wax to do my whole town twice.. lol but its been bugging me to try it..

Try it you will like it . I too have a collection of several brands of waxes . But Americana has become my favorite.

My buddy Dave is a detailer here in san antonio... He's the biggest optimum fan boy there is maybe... :lol:

I gave him a container of the Americana to try... Here is his post/review on it...

I'm going to sum this thread up with 3 words.

HOLY %$#ing $#%&

100_3262-2.jpg

100_3268-2.jpg

100_3275-2.jpg

100_3266-2.jpg

100_3247-2.jpg

Even though the pic looks good, it does not do this product justice...ESPECIALLY ON A RED CAR.

I was really skeptical of spending anything over $30 for a wax. I mean..come on...Adam's lists Americana for $69.00 for 10 oz. and to be quite honest with you...that's very excessive for a common Joe Schmoe like me to even entertain purchasing....even for my higher end clientele, but after using it on a few cars, I'm sold.

What gets me about this wax is that there are absolutely ZERO oils left on the surface after you remove the product, which is a trait that all quality waxes should have...*HINT HINT MEGUIAR'S*

While putting Americana on BrianEvo9's car, his neighbor came out and we chatted for a while. I asked him if I could throw a quick coat on his tailgate just for experimental purposes and he agreed.

Keep in mind that this truck has never been detailed and he admitted to only waxing it back in 2003...so it's safe to say that the surface is trashed:

100_3205.jpg

100_3206.jpg

100_3207.jpg

What this wax does to black and brighter colors is absolutely stunning and I can't wait to get it on White, Yellow, and Blue.

I will be purchasing this wax to use on my higher end packages and show car details.

dave.

DoDo Juice is quite a favorite of mine.

I haven't used Americana yet, but I'm going to be glad to add it to my arsenol next to DoDo.

Thats my issue i want to try the americana but i have 6 pots of different Dodo's enough wax to do my whole town twice.. lol but its been bugging me to try it..

I have used Lusso before on a friends car. I just did a full detail on my wifes Envoy and topped it with Americana, and must say I love the Americana much more. It is the easiest wax I have applied, and it removes fantastic also. The sun is out today so I am going to hit the truck with WCW and see how it really looks.

I just used Americana on a friend's red Saturn, after a wash, a first clay on the finish, and fast revive treatment, and the car looks amazing. It goes on so thin, and off SO fast and easy, makes you wonder if it is there after the wipe down. Then you touch the finish and your jaw drops. And it looks great.

Carnubas are one of those things that the only real way to know what 'IS BETTER' is to try them. We're certainly not going to divulge the ingredients, blend ratios, process, etc to anyone... no more than P21S is. Getting that kind of info is no more likely to happen than Colonel Sanders handing over the 7 herbs and spices recipe.

That being said the benefits to Americana over other paste waxes (IMO) are:

Ease of use compared to many other 'nubas... I've used a ton and Americana has to be the easiest to apply/remove of any of them.

Amount used per application is extremely low... I'm still on my original pot and I got mine as part of the first run. I've used it on my personal rides, on customers cars, at detail clinics, demos, etc. Its like the bottomless pot of wax!! LOL

We include the hex grip app... something no one else does at any price point (I'm aware of) is give you a high quality, highly effective, and useful means of application. If you're lucky they'll toss in one of those cheap yellow foam discs.

And as everyone is aware... our 110% money back guarantee... try it... if you don't love it get your money back +10%. No risk in that!!

I'd put the looks and performance of Americana up against any wax at 2-3x the price... some customers have done side by sides with waxes in the $600 range (almost 10x the price) and preferred Americana. $70 sounds like a lot for wax, but speaking relatively, its a bargain compared to what it competes with.

P21S is just 1 carnauba hard wax i have, another one is Lusso Oro, and just looking for a comparision before i buy a couple cans of americana.

I dont doubt that the Americana is great stuff, just wondering.

IMO the P21S and Americana are about the same to apply, however, the Americana acheives much better results. The Americana is more $$ than the p21S. I have not used the P21S since discovering Americana. However, P21S is not bad.

Archived