Customer Service 866.965.0400

Memorial Day Weekend

70'sChevyGirl

As time nears closer to the Memorial Day weekend, alot of you will be detailing your cars, traveling, BBQing, Boating and other fun stuff.

I would just like to take the time to remind you the true meaning of the holiday and why we celebrate Memorial Day. Remember to celebrate the courage of the heroes that keep this nation free.

MemDay.jpg

God Bless our Soldiers and God Bless America.

368383mk4s5rrt28.gif

Have a fun safe weekend everyone. :hi:

Awesome post Teresa! I'll be going to a wedding on Saturday in a park and then to our family lake home for the rest of the weekend/holiday. Supposed to be BEA-utiful!

Our flag will be flown!

Thank you everyone for your service to our country.

Chris

Our flag will be flown!

Thank you everyone for your service to our country.

Yep, us too. :patriot:

We are headed to my B-I-L (retired Navy EOD) for a barbeque Sunday. There is a produce stand with excellent boiled peanuts on the way, so we'll get a few pounds for 'snacking'!

I will not be detailing or washing any of my cars because I do not want it to rain!!!

Thanks Jeff. We all appreciate you holding off on washings so we can have great weather this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who has served or is serving this country. :patriot:

Well said Teresa. I will be headed to my reserve unit to do some oil spill flights so no detailing for me either. It is the official day to honor those that gave their lives for our freedom. Let us fly our flags everday. I go through three or four a year since mine is flown year round. Before you go to bed at night, every night, say a silent thank you. That is all they would ask for.

Here is one I received today.

Steve

Memorial Day

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" vAlign=top>

Keep it

moving, please, even if you've seen it before.

?auth=co&id=81806&part=3

It is the

VETERAN

not the preacher,

who has given us freedom of religion.

It is

the

VETERAN,

not the reporter,

who has given us freedom of the press.

It is

the

VETERAN,

not the poet,

who has given us freedom of speech.

It is

the

VETERAN,

not the campus organizer,

who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is

the

VETERAN,

not the lawyer,

who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is

the

VETERAN,

not the politician,

Who has given us the right to vote.

?auth=co&id=81806&part=4

It is the

VETERAN

who

salutes the Flag,

?auth=co&id=81806&part=5

It is

the

VETERAN

who serves

under the Flag,

?auth=co&id=81806&part=6

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD,

AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.

I'd be

EXTREMELY proud if this email reached as many as possible. We can be very

proud of our young men and women in the service no matter where they serve.

God

Bless them all!!!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Makes you proud to be an AMERICAN!!!!

Indeed!

A big Bravo Zulu to my brethern in the USN especially. In the last 19 plus years I have spent a lot of time serving directly with USN pers (in the SOSUS network) and sailing alongside them in too many exercises to count and as part of US Battle Groups on two extended deployments. The sight and sound of F-18 Hornets landing on the USS George Washington as she thundered past us in the Persian Gulf is a memory that will stay with me until I get deep six'd.

Just found this pic from the 2004 deployment. Center is USS George Washington, astern of her is USNS Supply, to the left is USS Vella Gulf, to the right is USS Bulkeley and steaming ahead is the ship I was serving on at the time, HMCS Toronto.

starburst.jpg

Great post!

We'll be having some folks over to the house on Sunday and Monday I'll be in a Parade in Sanford...So anyone in the area, come on down and look for the shiny C4. :thumbsup:

I knew you were Canadian Jim, but Canadian Navy?!!!! Geesh! I should talk since you have to be at least 6 feet tall to join the U.S. Coast Guard. If the boat sinks you can just walk to shore. I did some joint ops up in the Maritimes with the Canadian CG some years ago...good folks.

On that deployment we had a USCG boarding team on board for a week while we were doing interdiction ops in the Gulf of Oman. They quickly took to life on a Canadian warship, including the practice of "Sun Downers" where the crew are allowed to bring their two beer per day up to the quarterdeck and watch the sun go down while BSing each other. Great bunch of sailors and pros to the core.

We lost them two weeks after they left the ship, when the dhow they were boarding was blown up by the crew.

RIP boys.:patriot:

It is nice that we (veterans) are being thought of this weekend. As a Navy veteran from Viet Nam we did not get any mention back then. It is much appreciated. Let’s not forget that this weekend is to honor those that gave their lives so we can be here today. I lost some friend in Nam that I will honor this weekend.

:patriot:

It is nice that we (veterans) are being thought of this weekend. As a Navy veteran from Viet Nam we did not get any mention back then. It is much appreciated. Let’s not forget that this weekend is to honor those that gave their lives so we can be here today. I lost some friend in Nam that I will honor this weekend.

Welcome home and thank you. This comes from a fellow Vietnam Vet and I know what you mean by "little mention" back then. If I got any kind of mention, I was called a baby killing drug addict. None of which was true but that is just the way people thought of us. It was certainly a shame the way we were treated. I still fly my flag proudly 24 hours a day.

Great thread Teresa, and thanks for making the important point. America is fantastic, and as Americans, we ALL owe enormous gratitude to those who have worn a uniform in service to our nation.

Thank You.

Archived