Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is your least favorite part of detailing?

Kingsford

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole job. but it must be done if I want nice rides. At least Adams stuff works as promised so it goes quicker. B4 I found Adams I would try more than 1 product on a problem and sometimes still not fix the problem. I had water spots all over my truck and could not get them out. SHR and a new PC took care of them and SHR and focus pads got them off the windshield and other glass. With the glass sealer and SMW they have not come back. It looks like a new truck now. I never expected that. I mostly tried Adams on advice from the Sky forum. That limited use car I want to keep like new. I ended up doing the truck and 2003 Malibu as well and both look new now.

I HATED doing windows, until I bought Adam's Glass Cleaner. That stuff works miracles!

Now my least favorite is getting that plastic shiny without getting VRT or I&O on the paint!

Adam's Glass Cleaner is (Actually they all are) one of my favorite products.

I'll have to second you on the I&O spray on the windows and paint,so I made my own cardboard cut-out (templet if you will) to do ALL my plastic without any overspray :cool::D.

Cleaning my wheels. Doesn't matter what product I use with all the brake dust that BMW brake pads produce it is a real PIA. It takes almost as long to clean the 4 wheels as it does to foam and wash the car. I guess having 20" multi-spoke wheels doesn't help either.

I'll have to second you on the I&O spray on the windows and paint,so I made my own cardboard cut-out (templet if you will) to do ALL my plastic without any overspray :cool::D.

Maybe I'll do that! I started taking MF towels and putting them between the hood edge and the cowl, seemed to help but still got on the window.

Least favorite part of detailing has to be when our friends look at me like I'm a weirdo when my wife tells them how long it takes me?!? But then they see the "before" & "after" pics - they ask if I can schedule a day to do their vehicle :thumbsup:

Detailing is my place of Zen.. The wife and dogs dont bother me when the gear comes out.. My cell phone is on vibrate and Im one with the paint.. Only problem I have is time.. In the words of the all knowing Junkman.. "It takes as long as it takes" and for me sometimes thats too long and I run out of day! Thats what I hate.. no enough time in 1 day.. lol

Cleaning my wheels. Doesn't matter what product I use with all the brake dust that BMW brake pads produce it is a real PIA. It takes almost as long to clean the 4 wheels as it does to foam and wash the car. I guess having 20" multi-spoke wheels doesn't help either.

I am with you there. Just ordered ceramic pads for the Brenbos on my Challenger for just this reason. Wish they would hurry up and get in!

doing a full once over on the truck then getting a phone call to go out fishing...

really APC on the tires in this beast is a nightmare

goes from this

DSCN0283.jpg

to this in one trip out

DSCN0285.jpg

:(

I hate knowing that eventually I'll have to drive and get it dirty again...

:iagree: Even in the garage I put the cover on the Sky as soon as its done. Then I don't want to drive it because it will get dust on it. There is no chance it will go out if the roads are wet. That brings us to the truck and Malibu. We need those and I hate all the rain we get here in the Seattle area. Rarely ever real rain. Just enough light rain to trash my clean rides.

i hate getting wax in areas that i didnt wipe off or on plastic that doesnt come off. hopefully some in and out will take care of my mistakes.

oh and when you detail it all up and it rains before you finish or that it gets dirty from pollen after i get SO MAD!

I have 5 spoke, matte black wheels on the Civic and I STILL dislike doing them. I don't know why either. I guess dislike is rather strong word. I enjoy washing/detailing the cars, but I look forward to getting them done so I can move on to everything else.

Archived