Customer Service 866.965.0400

The problem with BG and Americana......

I hear ya on the white and silver thing...Ya just gotta get DOWN ...if you practically lay your head sideways on the surface and look over the reflection, its obvious where the product is.

Just appreciate the fact that white and silver look pretty dang good even when they are "dirty" :thumbsup:

I feel your pain Brian... I hate waxing Amanda's Equinox for this EXACT reason... I'll spend forever looking at each panel from every angle, swear its all gone, then notice another spot I missed :mad:

it took me a week to find all the very faint americana lines on my g8 that i missed when removing it. i'd be walking back to the car and the sun would hit at the right angle like AW COME ON

just an applicator damp with a small amount of revive took care of them, followed by a quick re-application of the wax.

You think white is hard to wax? Try buying a used one with enough swirls to make even the Junkman faint, and try to PC them out! I spent over an hour on the hood alone and its still only 80% corrected because I cant see the dang swirls except in direct sunlight! Not even with 1500 watts of light! LOL

They all go on and dry white! On a white car, it's a pain trying to figure out if you missed a spot. You formulation geniuses need to find a way to color the stuff so it goes on colored and dries white, or vice versa!

:banana: Something like the DAP spackle that goes on pink then dries white... lol It would be fun to use. We have one black and one white vehicle, so the best (and sometimes worst) of both worlds.

You think white is hard to wax? Try buying a used one with enough swirls to make even the Junkman faint, and try to PC them out! I spent over an hour on the hood alone and its still only 80% corrected because I cant see the dang swirls except in direct sunlight! Not even with 1500 watts of light! LOL

Before a correction (or after to see what I'd missed) on my Wife's white car I'll park it near the street lamp in front of our house at night and sure enough, there they are. So easy to see in that light.

Missing the wax and finding it a day or so later: kinda' like walking around with your fly down! :lolsmack:

I feel your pain Brian... I hate waxing Amanda's Equinox for this EXACT reason... I'll spend forever looking at each panel from every angle, swear its all gone, then notice another spot I missed :mad:

you need a pair of those special wax glasses. They let you look at wax on a white/silver cars.....

:lolsmack: just kidding

• 2 weeks later...
Before a correction (or after to see what I'd missed) on my Wife's white car I'll park it near the street lamp in front of our house at night and sure enough, there they are. So easy to see in that light.

Missing the wax and finding it a day or so later: kinda' like walking around with your fly down! :lolsmack:

Florescent lights at gas stations at night show any imperfections on a car. We are all already crazy I have DS'd my car while filling the car up with gas.

Florescent lights at gas stations at night show any imperfections on a car. We are all already crazy I have DS'd my car while filling the car up with gas.

That's why I have two florescent lights in my garage. Before I did my car it looked grey under the lights. That was the tell-tell sign that it was time for Adam's.

Archived