Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

Wednesday evening I traded in the G8 on a 2015 Dodge Dart SXT.

1981F26A-AC42-4876-93DA-56210B1E1212_zps

It is a step down in horsepower from the G8 but it is every bit of fun to drive. My wife and I had discussed an SS but the direction we're going is practicality. We have twin daughters that are in private school and the tuition is rather steep. So now you know which is our priority. The hot rod can wait for the future.

Any way when I negotiated the purchase I insisted no dealer prep be done. They agreed thankfully so before I got home Wednesday evening gave it a wash at the DIY place. I figured the caustic soap they use would get rid a lot of the surface grit and it did.

5E3E7495-9C62-4B05-B83B-E5C0A9A2EE17_zps

Thursday I left it in the garage because we had severe weather in the forecast.  After work I removed all plastic film from the interior, gave it a quick wipe down, cleaned, clayed and sealed the glass. The trunk got cleaned out as well then the interior got Scotchgarded. While doing this the weather radio was going ape s*** because of this an hour to the north.

Severo-tornado.jpg

Fortunately all we got was thunder, lightning and rain. Friday was dry so the Dart went with me to the office. No work on the car due to oldest twin being in Variety Show after school.

Saturday I gave it an Adam's Rinseless Wash. I saw absolutely no rail dust and just to be sure I sprayed Deep Wheel Clean on the trunk lid and got nada. Baggie test showed enough bumpiness to warrant clay barring the vehicle. I used Adam's grey Clay bar and Adam's Detail Spray for lube. Paint got sealed as did the wheels. I coated the tires with an OTC product that I love but won't name. Under the hood and inside the trunk got wiped down with SVRT as did what little plastic trim there is on the vehicle.

My  neighbor photo-bombed me while standing next to his Tornado Magnet!

Shane%20photobombed%20me_zpsvmytwqkp.jpg

The wood in the old green recycle bin got burned last night as did some wienies and marshmallows. Leinenkugel Berry Weiss was the beverage of choice for the adults.

Dart%20front%20view_zpsyxypl9t1.jpg

Yes, debadging to follow.

Dart%20rear_zps1ao5i0ij.jpg

IMG_0783_zps6i99bz5k.jpg

BTW: I did literally kiss the G8 goodbye, but with my MPG at 25.6 right now on regular gas vs. G8 16.7 lifetime average on premium gas I'm happy with the purchase.

Edited by Captain Slow

Yesterday, the weather here was 60 and sunny, and after having it rain here the last few days, I was pretty confident all of the dirt, grime, and salt from the past winter would be washed away from the main roads, so I uncovered my Magnetic Red 2004 Corvette, and took it on a short 100 mile round trip.

Photos of that car are in the detailing section, and it looked the same now as it did then, as it just sat under cover since I detailed it in December.

Today, again 65 and sunny, and I spent a few hours cleaning and detailing the interior of my significant other's 2008 Dodge Avenger.

Car has many miles, light gray interior, and was purchased used, so it needed major attention.

Used Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, diluted 50/50, Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner, as well as Total Interior Detailer, and topped off the door trim panels with VRT.

No "as found or started" photos taken, due to embarrassment that someone could let interior get that dirty, especially carpets, but I did get compliments and recognition that it now looks better than new after completion, at least the interior.

Next weekend I may attempt the exterior if the weather again cooperates, and will post those pictures.

Wednesday evening I traded in the G8 on a 2015 Dodge Dart SXT.

1981F26A-AC42-4876-93DA-56210B1E1212_zps

It is a step down in horsepower from the G8 but it is every bit of fun to drive. My wife and I had discussed an SS but the direction we're going is practicality. We have twin daughters that are in private school and the tuition is rather steep. So now you know which is our priority. The hot rod can wait for the future.

Any way when I negotiated the purchase I insisted no dealer prep be done. They agreed thankfully so before I got home Wednesday evening gave it a wash at the DIY place. I figured the caustic soap they use would get rid a lot of the surface grit and it did.

5E3E7495-9C62-4B05-B83B-E5C0A9A2EE17_zps

Thursday I left it in the garage because we had severe weather in the forecast.  After work I removed all plastic film from the interior, gave it a quick wipe down, cleaned, clayed and sealed the glass. The trunk got cleaned out as well then the interior got Scotchgarded. While doing this the weather radio was going ape s*** because of this an hour to the north.

Severo-tornado.jpg

Fortunately all we got was thunder, lightning and rain. Friday was dry so the Dart went with me to the office. No work on the car due to oldest twin being in Variety Show after school.

Saturday I gave it an Adam's Rinseless Wash. I saw absolutely no rail dust and just to be sure I sprayed Deep Wheel Clean on the trunk lid and got nada. Baggie test showed enough bumpiness to warrant clay barring the vehicle. I used Adam's grey Clay bar and Adam's Detail Spray for lube. Paint got sealed as did the wheels. I coated the tires with an OTC product that I love but won't name. Under the hood and inside the trunk got wiped down with SVRT as did what little plastic trim there is on the vehicle.

My  neighbor photo-bombed me while standing next to his Tornado Magnet!

Shane%20photobombed%20me_zpsvmytwqkp.jpg

The wood in the old green recycle bin got burned last night as did some wienies and marshmallows. Leinenkugel Berry Weiss was the beverage of choice for the adults.

Dart%20front%20view_zpsyxypl9t1.jpg

Yes, debadging to follow.

Dart%20rear_zps1ao5i0ij.jpg

IMG_0783_zps6i99bz5k.jpg

BTW: I did literally kiss the G8 goodbye, but with my MPG at 25.6 right now on regular gas vs. G8 16.7 lifetime average on premium gas I'm happy with the purchase.

Paul, nice Dart! Really like the car and color. Be sure to post photos once all of your "personalization mods" are done!

'Repaid' the neighbor with an exterior detail on her car.  I caught her just as she got home from work this morning.  Cleaned the wheels, and found a lot of road paint behind the driver's front wheel, so I clayed that with some aggressive clay.  Then an Adam's "strip" wash, followed by claying the windows and hood.  I did one section pass of the hood with an orange pad and PCP.  There was much more clarity when I compared sections, although it still had some light swirls, but I left it and will do a full correction later.  Then applied LPS and did the tires & trim with SVRT.  She was very happy with the results!  I will do her interior in a few weeks and maybe hit it with HGG.  Then a MF polishing session down the road (maybe in the fall, if HGG will let me stretch the LPS).

My wife has gotten into the habit of giving the neighbors 'detailing gift certificates' for dog sitting, etc, but is never around when they want to cash them in.  Go figure!  ;)

• 1 month later...

I watched the Dart get poured on twice this morning rinsing away all the pollen. :banana:

After I got home and had lunch the Dart got a two bucket wash with the OLD great smelling pink car shampoo. After drying it off I Quik Sealed the door jambs, trunk margin and wheels. The Dart is staying in the garage until Monday when all of this rain will hopefully have passed.

I have a really nice customer, who happens to have a really stinkin' nice 32 Ford. The level odf detailing is amazing. He hired a new detailer and had me show him a few tips, so I didn't have to do the entire car. I think the car is too pretty not to share.

Basically we hit it with Paint Finishing polish and Brilliant Glaze, all by hand.

Under the bright halogen lights it had a lot of flaws, but we're getting there.

The engine is a ZZ430, and topped with 1963 Corvette mechanical Fuel Injection.

20150515_162553_zpswb9vx04d.jpg

20150515_162626_zpsbfewgbxk.jpg

20150515_162721_zpssfza99ha.jpg

20150515_162537_zpsvsmfusr3.jpg

Washed my G8 and the wife's Accord. 

Gave them a nice coat of buttery considering both cars are always maintained by me and Adams they really didn't need any crazy detailing. 

Also sealed our windshields with Adams Glass Sealant.