Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

My family and I went to Cleveland so my wife could visit her grandfather in hospice. Glad we made the trip as I don't believe we will see him again in this world. We also checked on her grandmother's rental property while in town.

The front of the Booboo van is thick with 700+ miles of bugs so tomorrow after work it's getting a good soak then a bath. Averaged 29 mpg at 70+ mph.

Stayed at the Marriott at Key Center, I highly recommend it!  We had a lakefront view and in the pic below you can see Browns stadium to the left and to the right of the tower crane is the Rock & Roll Museum. Baseball, basketball and football stadiums are all within easy walking distance.

8C2D0046-67DC-43C8-878F-6E8D6DB5B023_zps

Edited by Captain Slow

Surprising the wife with fun activities for the day.  She has know idea what were doing and it is driving her nuts not knowing.  I know she will enjoy it as part of the day is riding horses.  Other part is zip line.  Should be fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Went for a walk at lunch today.Started out to do two miles but with temps in the upper 40's and WIND, I gave up after a mile. Sat in the car at the park and listened to The Fifth Dimension...man I'm showing my age.

:oldman:

Then after I got to the office it rained. On my clean Dart. SMH

Edited by Captain Slow

Rinseless washed the Dart. I washed my Dart with a gallon and one quart of water. One gallon in the bucket for the towels to soak in and one quart to presoak paint. When I finish I usually have a quart or so left in the bucket. This goes into the spray bottle for next wash.

I'm so happy Adam's came out with their version of a Rinseless wash:2thumbs:  I haven't bought a bottle of ONR, my previous rinseless wash favorite since then.

Edited by Captain Slow

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, He was playing look out for his buddies, and waiting for you to pull one of your cars out.  

Oh, you mean the mourning dove that sits on the garage roof and has been known to crap on the car WHILE it is being washed...yeah that little ****** is why I like chicken,turkey, grouse, game hens, quail, pheasant, duck, goose, eggs. It wouldn't make much of a meal but it is tempting sometimes.

0551-461x500.jpg

Edited by Captain Slow

Washed about a years worth of dirt and crap off the Firebird, and took her for a ride! Plan on going for a ride tomorrow and then back up on the dollies and pushed back into her resting place.

Regrettably put our 1965 El Camino up for sale. Was going to wait until Project Vega was done, but the bank account could use a little help. It was between the Elky and the XLR. We'll see what action this one gets first.

Here's a pic of the two beside each other. Bosco (American Rat Terrier) isn't for sale.

What do you guys think? Am I selling the right car?

Bruce

100_4868.jpg

El%20Camino%20June%202015%20005_zpsbtj54

Today I clayed the Cadillac and added a coat of Patriot to it.  Looks great, and my wife said it's "smoother than a baby's butt".  Guess that's good! 

Regrettably put our 1965 El Camino up for sale. Was going to wait until Project Vega was done, but the bank account could use a little help. It was between the Elky and the XLR. We'll see what action this one gets first.

Here's a pic of the two beside each other. Bosco (American Rat Terrier) isn't for sale.

What do you guys think? Am I selling the right car?

Bruce

100_4868.jpg

El%20Camino%20June%202015%20005_zpsbtj54

I'd sell the xlr.....

I'm with Dylan.  While the XLR is cool, that El Camino is the great!

Got up with the birds at O dark thirty and went bass fishing. Got ten in two hours. Came home to coffee and breakfast with the family. Twins are really digging that I got my Dylan on and shaved my head (but kept the goatee.) Trying to get some sun on it a bit at a time to match up skin color. Don't want to get burned and have a peely scalp!  :o

Yesterday I washed the Dart while sick older twin was sleeping, then parked it in garage to stay clean. Also got four loads of laundry and dishes done. Hung clothes out on a line yesterday, works so much nicer than the dryer.

Today I was out fishing at 5:30 AM ended up with 14 for the morning. 

No rain in forecast until after 5 PM today so of course it rained on my freshly washed Dart.  Twice.  :angry:

Went to work at 5am, left at 11am. :mellow:  Looked again at the weather to see if it will still be over 100 degrees for the next 4 days. :o It is...

Started to clean out the shop some more. Making some good headway and throwing out a bunch of old junk! :)

Nothing this weekend.  Spent Friday night, and Saturday at the hospital as my brother had an accident on his motorcycle.  Someone did a U-Turn in front of him and his left leg got pinched between the motorcycle and the vehicle.  He miraculously came home today and my wife and I spent the day getting him situated.  Still not out of the woods.  He being an avid runner that has run 20 marathons, including the Boston, with his best time being 3 hours 9 minutes may not ever get to run like he used to.  At least he is alive.

Edited by LFairbanks

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well. at least are vehicles are silver so they look clean.

Detailed Forecast
Today
Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tonight
Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 68. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Sunday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 87. Heat index values as high as 95. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72. South wind around 5 mph.
Monday
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Monday Night
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69.
Tuesday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 86.
Tuesday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.
Wednesday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
Wednesday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Friday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.