Customer Service 866.965.0400

Discussion: Adam's new Tire Shine

I had a simple question "Genius" ........ I asked if there was a way to decrease the shine for a "clean/natural" look, if you don't know the answer to my simple question, keep your "childish" replies to yourself.

I don't care for driving around with "shiny, greasy, unnatural, armorall looking tires"...... However, I do like using Adams products so that is why I asked this simple question.

BTW! I love the look of VRT and buy it by the gallon.

Keep Calm my friend, and keep on using the VRT, sounds like the perfect look for you.  Also, you can cut the VRT with water and put it in a spray bottle to knock out the tread blocks.

Amen!  It's not for everyone, and the video we shot does answer most of these questions.   Tires compounds are so different, and the rubber seems to hold shine in many different ways.

For that reason, one dressing doesn't look the same on all tires!  For instance, on the Michelin's that my DD Ford sports, the VRT barely blackens the tires.  That, and the tread blocks are big, and getting the VRT into them requires much time and energy.  The BFG All Terrains on our Bronco and shop truck are also dull, regardless of how much VRT we apply.

For those tires, the new Tire Shine does the trick!  Remember, cutting the shine with a dry block sponge or Pro Tire Sponge (yes, they are coming back!) is a way to reduce the shine easily...

:2thumbs:

I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a shot on the Toyo's on my truck! I have mud tires so they are quite the pain to dress without using VRT Milk. How would you say the shine would be on your Michelins on your truck Adam? The coopers shown in the video are very shiny even with applying Tire Shine with a foam block.

I have definitely grown to appreciate less shiny tires thanks to svrt so I can't say for sure how I feel about the new juice yet. But definitely looking to get my hands on it and giving it a whirl.

Here are a few shots of the new Tire Shine on our shop truck... one in the shade, another in the sun:

Wow that looks a lot better than what I was expecting! Still very excited to give the new stuff a shakedown! Also very happy to have the tire applicators coming back!

Looks aside, which product will provide the best protection from the sun? I have an RV that sits out in the sun, and I need to keep the sidewalls protected to minimize checking.

CM, cover the tires on your RV if it's getting blasted.  Better yet, the best thing to do with an RV that is parked outdoors:  COVER THE WHOLE THING!   RV's are so big, and take on so much sun, and the best investment to keep your investment from going to heck in a handbag, is a cover.  http://www.rvcoversdirect.com/products/class-c-rv-covers

Class-A-RV-Cover.gif

Our Tire Shine does in fact have UV protection, but on a coach, the kicker is keep those tires out of the weather as much as possible.

I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a shot on the Toyo's on my truck! I have mud tires so they are quite the pain to dress without using VRT Milk. How would you say the shine would be on your Michelins on your truck Adam? The coopers shown in the video are very shiny even with applying Tire Shine with a foam block.

I have definitely grown to appreciate less shiny tires thanks to svrt so I can't say for sure how I feel about the new juice yet. But definitely looking to get my hands on it and giving it a whirl.

Sorry Will, I don't have a good shot of the Michelin's on my pickup, other than these pics that I took when there was no parking at the golf course last week, and I made my own spot.... Will get more when back in Colorado next week!

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

It's a van-based RV, and my second vehicle - first vehicle in the winter. Covering it isn't really an option, and tire covers would be pretty inconvenient. So between Tire Shine and VRT, which provides more protection? Or is the 303 Protectant a better choice?

The RV is in the background. This was taken over the Christmas holidays when I got the Vette all shined up.

shiny4_zpsfe5eff27.jpg

Edited by -CM-

Sorry Will, I don't have a good shot of the Michelin's on my pickup, other than these pics that I took when there was no parking at the golf course last week, and I made my own spot.... Will get more when back in Colorado next week!

Very nice Adam, the joys of owning a pickup by making your own spot. I can say that I have done that with mine a time or two myself lol! I'm excited to get my hands on it, I'll have to make my truck the test mule though so I can see the differences side by side and I'll definitely post my findings here for everyone to see.

It's a van-based RV, and my second vehicle - first vehicle in the winter. Covering it isn't really an option, and tire covers would be pretty inconvenient. So between Tire Shine and VRT, which provides more protection? Or is the 303 Protectant a better choice?

The RV is in the background. This was taken over the Christmas holidays when I got the Vette all shined up.

Using the SVRT will offer the best protection CM, more so than our Tire Shine, and while the 303 is a very good product, our SVRT has higher UV protection.

Using the SVRT will offer the best protection CM, more so than our Tire Shine, and while the 303 is a very good product, our SVRT has higher UV protection.

I've always had issues with 303 running after rain. No issues with VRT.

One last question from me, (so far I'm digging the look), does the Tire Shine dirty up clean white letters?  What I mean by this is you can have a super clean tire, clean letters (RWL or OWL) and then as you rub dressing on, the dressing gets the foam applicator dingy, and then turns the letters brownish? 

Oh, and one last question...  If you want to remove it off your tires, can you fairly easily?

I had a simple question "Genius" ........ I asked if there was a way to decrease the shine for a "clean/natural" look, if you don't know the answer to my simple question, keep your "childish" replies to yourself.

I don't care for driving around with "shiny, greasy, unnatural, armorall looking tires"...... However, I do like using Adams products so that is why I asked this simple question.

BTW! I love the look of VRT and buy it by the gallon.

Whoa.  Dude.  Sorry.  It was not my intention to upset you.  Your question struck me as funny and I responded in kind.

I often forget that the internet is not the place for good-natured ribbing.

I bid you Peace.

Whoa.  Dude.  Sorry.  It was not my intention to upset you.  Your question struck me as funny and I responded in kind.

I often forget that the internet is not the place for good-natured ribbing.

I bid you Peace.

My wife has always told me this as well.  Email and Texting is not a good way at times to have a conversation.  Things can get taken out of context.  Where as over the phone and especially in person, tone of voice can determine seriousness, and how others are taking the conversation that is being had.

Should be interesting to see. I like the shiny look but switched to SVRT because of the no sling all over the clean car. I also used to use black magic and the purple M stuff back in the day but went to SVRT. Very pleased with it but doesn't have the tire pop like a black magic does. Will put up my review once I get mine as well.

I arrived home yesterday to find my tire shine waiting for me, so I couldn't wait to try it out today! The Mustang was pretty dusty, so I gave it a good cleaning, used APC to thoroughly clean the tires, and applied the tire shine (using the less-shiny method Adam demonstrated). 

I'm really happy with the results! I drove the car less than a half hour later and the tires were completely dry with no slinging at all. I did get some overspray on the wheels but it wiped off no problem and no dirt has stuck to those places that I could tell, or to the tires themselves. Impressive considering there's a lot of construction going on around here and plenty of dirt on the roads.  I was especially happy with how easily the product filled in the ridges in my tires with hardly any effort (using a fresh block sponge). 

post-10884-0-15375400-1402871155_thumb.jpg

post-10884-0-15314800-1402871159_thumb.jpg

post-10884-0-66148200-1402871164_thumb.jpg

I arrived home yesterday to find my tire shine waiting for me, so I couldn't wait to try it out today! The Mustang was pretty dusty, so I gave it a good cleaning, used APC to thoroughly clean the tires, and applied the tire shine (using the less-shiny method Adam demonstrated). 

I'm really happy with the results! I drove the car less than a half hour later and the tires were completely dry with no slinging at all. I did get some overspray on the wheels but it wiped off no problem and no dirt has stuck to those places that I could tell, or to the tires themselves. Impressive considering there's a lot of construction going on around here and plenty of dirt on the roads.  I was especially happy with how easily the product filled in the ridges in my tires with hardly any effort (using a fresh block sponge). 

Great write up Pete.  I too was impressed when i showed up and inspected the tires.