Customer Service 866.965.0400

Discussion: Adam's new Tire Shine

Someone needs to do a "side-by-side".  Half the tire sVRT and half TireShine.  Pics immediately and then again the next day.

Edited by Beemer

the new tire shine is my new best friend.

in the past when i'm doing a quick wash of my personal cars I've skipped dressing the tires just because i can be lazy. but this new stuff i feel is a lot easier and quicker to apply. all 4 tires can be done in just a minute. best of all its not greasy like the OTC stuff

and for those who think it might be too glossy, i played with different amounts of the product applied to each tire and it seems fairly easy to control the amount of glossiness with how much is applied. less product=less gloss similar to a natural finish, and more product=more tire bling. on my truck tires, the sweet spot for me is 4 sprays around the tire, and 1 initial spray into the applicator to get it primed.

Edited by Z71_Denali

I think I applied mine wrong or did not get the tire clean enough.  I could never get the Tire Shine to dry.  I cleaned each tire twice with APC.  Then went over them the car wash shampoo.  I sprayed the TS on and actually let it set overnight (Sunday) then wiped them off the next morning (forgot to watch how to video at first).  The shine was still wet yesterday.  We had rain yesterday evening and now it looks like most of the TS is gone.  I was getting very little beading probably related to the product not drying.  I am guessing I over applied the TS.  Any thoughts????

Edited by Antv20

I think I applied my wrong or did not get the tire clean enough.  I could never get the Tire Shine to dry.  I cleaned each tire twice with APC.  Then went over them the car wash shampoo.  I sprayed the TS on and actually let it set overnight (Sunday) then wiped them off the next morning (forgot to watch how to video at first).  The shine was still wet yesterday.  We had rain yesterday evening and now it looks like most of the TS is gone.  I was getting very little beading probably related to the product not drying.  I am guessing I over applied the TS.  Any thoughts????

how many times are you spraying each tire? like i mentioned in my post before, i only squirt the tire 4 times (top, bottom, left, right) then even it out with the applicator. mine are dry to the touch not 15-30 minutes later.

how many times are you spraying each tire? like i mentioned in my post before, i only squirt the tire 4 times (top, bottom, left, right) then even it out with the applicator. mine are dry to the touch not 15-30 minutes later.

Yep, used too much. On the plus side have a really low shine tires right now. Pretty happy so far other than the operator error. Lol.

Went back and started over on my truck.  Apparently I thought I needed to drown the tire in TS.  Worked perfectly with a spray top, bottom, left, and right.  Also, did the wife's car after I gave it a bath.  Had to go cut back on the TS for her low profile tires but worked like a charm.  Nice and dry.

Good to hear Tony!

As much as I'd love for you to use an entire 16oz bottle each time you use it....that's no quite ideal.   ;)

You mean I wasn't supposed to try and drown the tire.  :D

Had a pretty good storm roll through last night wish I would have snapped some pics of the beading action. 

I finally had the chance to use the bottle that Nick sent me.  I let the previous tire dressing run it's course.  I stripped the remaining tire dressing with APC and applied it by spraying directly into the foam tire applicator with two lines of product.  I did one coat of tire shine on all wheels.  Doing it this way gives you less shine than just spraing it and walking away.  Good for those who like some shine but not overly to glossy. 

I love the new tire shine. But I did notice some slanging. I applied by spraying it on and spreading it with a foam block. Next time I'm go to apply by spraying on foam block.

Sounds like you applied too much.  I had same issue.  I applied too much and it would not dry. 

I am kinda old school and prefer the VRT look on the Corvette for car shows ect. But the new tire shine is the bomb for my daily driver. So much faster and easier to apply than VRT. Also a nice BLACK look. I found the gloss easy to control. Like others have said 4 little sprits around the outside and then dress with applicator. I found leveling it off again 20 or so minutes later gives me my desired look.

got mine yesterday and will try it out tonight. does anyone know why the sprayers are different then all the other ones product sprayers? 

Are you talking about the one position off/on without spray and stream? If so I just purchased sprayers and they were all this way. I robbed a old one from another bottle. I like the spray way better than the stream, I think the stream wastes product and doesn't deliver the product as evenly

Are you talking about the one position off/on without spray and stream? If so I just purchased sprayers and they were all this way. I robbed a old one from another bottle. I like the spray way better than the stream, I think the stream wastes product and doesn't deliver the product as evenly

I also used Tire Shine for the first time today and did not like the stream sprayer.  I'm going to swap it out for one of the old sprayers as well.

I sprayed onto the tire applicator and applied to the tire.  Looks great!

Love the new tire shine, do not like the new sprayer.I have been using SVRT for a while now and have had great results, but if your looking for a bump up in in the shine factor, this is the stuff.I like the fact you can "control" the shine, leaves a very clean look as well as shine,WAY better than the competitions product. It looks greasy because of the shine, BUT IS NOT AT ALL. I also found that it does not pick up dirt and dust like other companys product and no sling if not put on to heavy and allowed to dry.I do prefer to apply it directly to an applicator when I use it on my chrome rims on my Mustang so I do not get any product on the chrome, but my other vehicles with factory rims, it was sprayed directly onto the tire.Very easy to wipe off the excess on the factory rims. I would tell you to put something down on the groud if you are going to spray it since it does stain,will leave a "quarter moon" mark on the ground around the tire if you dont put something on the ground.That is one advantage to SVRT, but if applied to an applicator first, it works the same, with more shine.I did change the sprayer to an old one though. It did not spray even at all, and the stream position was a waste of product.The new sprayer seemed like it had a combination of "spray" and "stream" combined, leaving product heavy in spots and light in other areas. The old sprayer worked MUCH better, applying a nice even spray to the tire. Overall, great new product,you just have to get used to useing it in a different manner than SVRT.Not a fan of the new sprayer but will try it on another bottle with a different product in it and see if it sprays more evenly.

Guys, these are the new sprayers and they work perfectly with all of the regular sprayable products.  These sprayers are nicer, stronger, and will hold up to an impact with the floor better than the last version we had.

However, as you've noticed, the "fan" pattern is a little funny with the Tire Shine, due to it being a bit thicker than say, Detail Spray.

If any of you remember the days of Brilliant Spray Glaze, it had a tendency to do this same thing as well due to the thickness of the product.

i have not tried the new sprayers on the other products yet but

the new sprayer with the tire shine is horrendous. It is impossible to directly spray the tire without having it splatter and go all over the place esp on the car. Def does not come out in an even spray and it mainly just a stream. It just makes a mess..... :( Ended up spraying it directly on the applicator pad and went over all the tires and let it dry overnight and drove this morning and still got fling....

still love all other adams products dont get me wrong just these sprayers with the tire shine... meh

Edited by DeDonDeRosa

I'll be interested on my next order to see what the new sprayer is like.  If its more durable, I'm all about it.  Don't use the Tire Shine so I wouldn't have a complaint about the sprayer with it.

If its durable I'll be getting replacements for all my current bottles,

• 2 months later...