Customer Service 866.965.0400

... what scents would you want?

I've been kicking around a few air freshener ideas, but the challenge (as it always is) to designing an interior scent is satisfying the preferences of as many people as possible. We're not going to get into the game of offering 200 different scents to satisfy every need, but 2 or 3 options could be in the works.

So post up your top 5 preferences for interior scents and be specific - so for example "berry"... what kind? Stawberry? Blueberry?

These will likely be spray-in odor eliminators/air fresheners... not the little trees type mirror dangles. Lets hear your input - its your feedback that will help us decide where to take this project and if we move to development what scents we'll focus on.

To get us started, heres mine:

1. Coconut
  2. Leather
  3. Piña Colada
  4. New Car
  5. Detail Spray

1. Green Apple
  2. Strawberry
  3. Orange (mixed with something maybe)
  4. A manly scent (Not like the CG's one... smells like industrial shampoo)
  5. New Car

I really like the idea. I liked it before when it was brought up. I own a few from CG's, they are ok but can leave some stains if not used properly and the smell only lasts a few hours it seems. 

I'd hope someone could make something thats an eliminator but can still linger, but not too strong, a few days after using.

Edited by Kingsford

I love this idea.  I have tried the other brand mentioned here.  I got  roughly a week or so out of them before the scent is gone.  Not sure if there is anyway to make them last longer.  ;)

Oh and as far as flavors I would be good with any current Adam's product smell....except Deep Wheel Cleaner....ewww.  :D

Edited by Antv20

Well this would be the first thing sold by Adam's that I'd have absolutely no interest in. Just my $0.02.

Have to ask why?

Same, I like my car to smell like nothing.

Thats what this product is for. It's an odor eliminator. Its a fresh scent for a short period of time and then smells like nothing.

Thats what this product is for. It's an odor eliminator. Its a fresh scent for a short period of time and then smells like nothing.

I wouldn't want a scent at all. Nothing goes in my car except me and the occasional passenger.

I wouldn't want a scent at all. Nothing goes in my car except me and the occasional passenger.

Ok, just remember this isn't a necessity and that a lot of people that buy from Adam's detail professionally. If you don't want your car to smell like anything then you don't have to buy the product.

The people that detail for cash around here it can come in handy. I make the most money on the side by doing interiors because it's quick and easy. I use other brands of odor eliminators with scents because some people smoke, some have pets and some are just plan gross. Does it's job, makes the car smell good and the customer always comments about how it smells. 

I would not buy one. To me, this is not what Adams is about. Stick to what you do better than everybody else and leave air fresheners to that Christmas tree company. What's after that. Key chains? Forget it. Don't lose focus on what got you where you are. I don't see any advantage in getting "cutesy". My 2 cents.