Customer Service 866.965.0400

My brief observation on new Wash and Wax

marquez93

Question

I used the new Wash and Wax today on my wife's CR-V. Her car always seems to bead like crazy even if I don't do much to it. Today it had at least 2 month old HGG on it, not to mention 2 months of dirt and the water still beaded and ran right off as soon as water touched it.

The Wash and Wax worked fine as a soap, seemed to have enough suds. But when I rinsed, the water sheeted instead of beading, almost like there was no protection anymore. And no, I did not use Strip Wash. I'm hoping it has to cure or something and it will bead better if I get it wet again, but I was surprised at the lack of beading while rinsing compared to other products.

I'll be interested to hear other people's experiences once they get a chance to use it.

Wow...does this have my attention! I receive 1 gallon of the W&W Tuesday Fed-X.

This product could be a real winner. I envision using it on our cars, boat, travel trailer... W&W could save serious time, especially on the latter two!  :)

You have to be a bit more clear. the water sheeting can be a good thing (ie: sheeting method for drying). 

While rinsing, I would hope to see no beads. I want no water on the car at all! I want all the water to sheet right off. To be clear, this is very different than water staying on the car as a sheet, not moving anywhere. Think when it rains, dirty cars tend to have a "sheet" of water where-as freshly cleaned/waxed cars tend to bead.

Edited by HFX Detailing

You have to be a bit more clear. the water sheeting can be a good thing (ie: sheeting method for drying).

While rinsing, I would hope to see no beads. I want no water on the car at all! I want all the water to sheet right off. To be clear, this is very different than water staying on the car as a sheet, not moving anywhere. Think when it rains, dirty cars tend to have a "sheet" of water where-as freshly cleaned/waxed cars tend to bead.

I agree - if the water sheets off when rinsing it means it's hydrophobic on the surface and is sealed.

OK, I do need to be more clear. It was closer to staying on the car as a sheet. I was rinsing the sides with a spray and it was kind of slowly running down. When I did a sheet rinse, it did mostly run off, but not really fast like you would hope for with a hydrophobic sealant.

I just got done washing my car with W&W and am actually going to do a review on another thread of it. I was hoping to be the first one to comment on it but am glad I am not because I was a little worried when I noticed no beading on my car as well. However, unlike Matt I would actually have to say that on my car it was sheeting off as the rinse water was hitting it from the pressure washer. Very little remained on my hood.  On the sides of the car I did notice beading but even there it was less than when I have washed it with regular car shampoo and it also wanted to run off when I was rinsing it. I will include all the other nitty gritty details in my review but just wanted to pop in and comment on my experience. Happy Sunday guys!

I guess I never really pay much attention or think about how the water usually rinses off, but it was different enough this time that I noticed immediately. I guess I can't say for certain how much water ran off, but it just seemed slow. I'll have to wash my car with it some night this week and I'll try to pay close attention and maybe try a few different ways of rinsing and report back again.

Yeah man as long as it is sheeting off as it would when you do a final sheet rinse then that means it is running off, when it kind of pools up and sits on the paint, that is when you want to worry because it should run off or bead up. Let me know what you see upon close observation as I am curious what your results are. 

I will typically avoid washing a car if it is windy.  Tonight it was windy.  To me it is as difficult to get a good wash as if I were washing in the sun.  I found that with the wash and wax it was much easier to rinse and not leave all the soap residue and me running around trying to wash it off.  I'm sure you guys and gals know what I'm talking about in regards to the soap drying on your vehicle.  

I did notice what the OP mentioned as far as the water not beading as a typical wax.  This car was sealed a couple weeks ago.  I didn't think of it as any issue.  I did notice too that it sheeted really well.  

I left a comment on another topic to ask about W&W. Now I am not sure if I want to try it. I certainly don't want ANY of my protection to be stripped off. Can anyone else tell me what their experience has been with the new W&W? I know it's too early to tell the longevity of the W&W, but how does it look (comparable to G&G)?

Obviously we need someone from Adams to answer. But a few comments here point to the product working extremely well. Beading from rinsing is not expected, absolutely no water on the paint is expected. If the paint is so slick the water just runs off, then beads cannot form. To repeat, you don't want beads while rinsing! If you are rinsing and no water is left on the car, including no beads, this is a good thing! This means your paint is very slick. This is a good thing.  :rockon:  :lancer:

Edit, another member put up a video: 

If that is what you meant, that is completely different than my understanding of the situation. To me, it sounded like all the water was running off of the car with no beads on the paint. In the video, you will see a "sheet" of water stuck on the paint. Two very different scenarios that can be confused when both are referred to as "sheeting."

Edited by HFX Detailing

I left a comment on another topic to ask about W&W. Now I am not sure if I want to try it. I certainly don't want ANY of my protection to be stripped off. Can anyone else tell me what their experience has been with the new W&W? I know it's too early to tell the longevity of the W&W, but how does it look (comparable to G&G)?

I posted this on the other thread you commented on but I will do so on here as well. I actually experienced some good sheeting to where very little beading was allowed with the water running off. Feel free to read my full review if you want more details and want to see pictures. 

This is normal compared to other Wash & Waxes i've used.  You won't notice much difference when actually washing the vehicle but after its washed and dried and you get caught in a rainstorm the day after.. it will bead. 

I'm certainly not implying that it is stripping protection or that it is a bad product in any way. Just that it rinsed off differently than anything else I have used. And it did seem to look good, but I pulled it in out of the sun right away to dry it. I'll have to use it more to be able to compare it to HGG, because that stuff leaves an amazing shine.

I posted this on the other thread you commented on but I will do so on here as well. I actually experienced some good sheeting to where very little beading was allowed with the water running off. Feel free to read my full review if you want more details and want to see pictures.

Sorry Jake! I just replied to your comment on the other post. I guess I should check out all the posts before I comment. Newbie mistake.

I'm certainly not implying that it is stripping protection or that it is a bad product in any way. Just that it rinsed off differently than anything else I have used. And it did seem to look good, but I pulled it in out of the sun right away to dry it. I'll have to use it more to be able to compare it to HGG, because that stuff leaves an amazing shine.

Matt... I do love the G&G! I work too hard to get my paint perfect and would be so upset if I used something to strip all my hard work off (Hence the love for G&G for protecting your wax etc...). I certainly want to hear more from others, but I know I'm going to buy it anyway!

This is normal compared to other Wash & Waxes i've used.  You won't notice much difference when actually washing the vehicle but after its washed and dried and you get caught in a rainstorm the day after.. it will bead. 

THIS^^^^^^^ is very true. I used the W&W yesterday drying was super easy, the water on the painted parts did sheet and left no spots, I dried the glass and no spots or streaking. Then about 5 hrs later it started raining and the water still beads just like before washing.

So it works as intended no stripping of the H2O G&G. That just means I'll have to buy more of the W&W.

-Jason

I received my 16oz bottle of Adam's Wash & Wax Saturday and washed my Malibu Sunday morning placing 20z of product in my wash bucket along with 3 gallons of warm water (softened water). Here's my observations.

The car was last washed the Sunday before, so wasn't very dirty.

Water beaded some when rinsed down prior to washing from the HGG applied a month or more ago.

Washed the entire car using the two bucket method, then rinsed the car off with softened water. Final Rinse with Reverse Osmosis Filtered water.

The rinse water beaded up like a post wash rinse done right after the car had been waxed or sealed. I don't do a pooling rinse as I dry with my Master Blaster. There were beads everywhere; top, hood, trunk, glass, sides, no sheeting of the water.

I dried the car with the Master Blaster and  the water quickly blew off the slick surface. I then gave the car a quick wipe down with Detail Spray.

This morning there was dew on the glass and roof, when I pulled away from the house the water all gathered and ran off the roof and glass just like the roof had been recently waxed or sealed and off the glass like I'd applied Glass Sealant to it.

I didn't experience the same sheeting effect as in the video. In no way did it seem any of the previous HGG had been removed by the Wash & Wax Shampoo.

I'd not taken any pictures during the washing of the car as I wasn't planning on doing a write up. I did snap these two after I was done.

IMG_0637resize_zpsaqislw2f.jpg

IMG_0636resize_zpshnwdsa4t.jpg

After the car was all dried and wiped down the paint surface has the same slick feel as having just been Waxed or Sealed.

Edited by BRZN

I washed my DD that lives outside 24/7 with the new Wash & Wax twice now in the last couple weeks.

I added a couple oz's of the W&W in my water and did a two bucket wash as usual.

I did a pool rince like I always do then proceeded to dry with my master blaster.

The very next morning it had rained and as you can see in the pic the new Wash & Wax left some serious beading.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I can see with that the New Wash & Wax will be one of Adam's favorite products.