Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
Red Rambler

Trim restorer followed by ceramic trim sealant.

Recommended Posts

My dodge suffers from milky looking trim being faded and white. I purchased the ceramic kit a few weeks ago, and was super excited to see the black trim restorer. I have not applied the ceramic trim kit yet, and after learning these two products could be layered I jumped right in. I have washed my trim after removing it, cleaned with tire/rubber, coating prep and have applied the black trim restorer. I was very impressed with the color change so far. My next step after curing for 24 hours is to apply the ceramic trim coating. Application of the trim restorer is easy enough. The actual application goes on smoothly. I found myself not having to apply very much pressure to obtain even coverage. I did go over each piece with two coats as the trim does have ridges. This product gets a 10/10 for application. Also a little goes a long ways. 

Before

IMG_0420.thumb.JPG.a8e8026c5461497b6936bab1709cc0ef.JPG

After cleaning

IMG_0424.thumb.JPG.c322d5d4e94ccffb99f7d37a9749e677.JPG

IMG_0429.thumb.JPG.adb663577f8545e42a2fc5954ef091d1.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is old... but did you have any success using the Trim Coating over the Trim Restorer? I just used the Trim Restorer on my Camaro, and loved the coverage with only one coat, and will like to add the trim coating, but undecided as if it will work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update. They look better than new!

I have  a follow up question. 

I will be doing the same thing (restorer followed by ceramic coating). I understand the cleaning and prep process for the restorer. But once the restorer has cured for 24 hours, do you just give it a wipe down to get any dust off with a clean MF towel, then apply the ceramic coating? Skipping the preparation steps detailed in ceramic coating instructions. Is this correct? It sounds right to me but just want to be sure. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Firebuff17 said:

Thanks for the update. They look better than new!

I have  a follow up question. 

I will be doing the same thing (restorer followed by ceramic coating). I understand the cleaning and prep process for the restorer. But once the restorer has cured for 24 hours, do you just give it a wipe down to get any dust off with a clean MF towel, then apply the ceramic coating? Skipping the preparation steps detailed in ceramic coating instructions. Is this correct? It sounds right to me but just want to be sure. 

Thanks

 

As long as you haven’t driven it or anything to let it get contaminated, you should be able to use some coating prep and then apply the coating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Firebuff17 said:

Thanks for the update. They look better than new!

I have  a follow up question. 

I will be doing the same thing (restorer followed by ceramic coating). I understand the cleaning and prep process for the restorer. But once the restorer has cured for 24 hours, do you just give it a wipe down to get any dust off with a clean MF towel, then apply the ceramic coating? Skipping the preparation steps detailed in ceramic coating instructions. Is this correct? It sounds right to me but just want to be sure. 

Thanks

Dan with Adams insisted that I clean with Ceramic Boost in between applications and this did wonders. The black trim restorer is sticky until it fully cures. Once fully cured, clean with Ceramic Boost as this will pull off any excess Trim Restorer if you applied it too heavy. From there proceed with doing the Trim Coating install. Mine is still beading water very well as it rained last night and I did notice the hydrophobic properties still working. Ceramic Boost makes the trim a breeze to clean and shine up with the trim coating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

Dan with Adams insisted that I clean with Ceramic Boost in between applications and this did wonders. The black trim restorer is sticky until it fully cures. Once fully cured, clean with Ceramic Boost as this will pull off any excess Trim Restorer if you applied it too heavy. From there proceed with doing the Trim Coating install. Mine is still beading water very well as it rained last night and I did notice the hydrophobic properties still working. Ceramic Boost makes the trim a breeze to clean and shine up with the trim coating.

 

Boost or Prep? Didn't think the Boost has any cleaning properties, but maybe it's just semantics with you saying to "clean" with it between applications...or the Boost really does clean, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

 

Boost or Prep? Didn't think the Boost has any cleaning properties, but maybe it's just semantics with you saying to "clean" with it between applications...or the Boost really does clean, too.

Boost is what was suggested to me to use in between. I will try to find the email to make 100% certain, however the coating prep would strip off some of the trim restorer I would think. None the less I will double check so I am not misinforming. Wouldn’t be my first forgetful moment :2thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I couldn't find the email that said to use ceramic boost in between. Thought I had it saved, none the less, my ceramic coating is holding up very well. I can snap some pictures today of them slightly dirty and then after cleaned with boost to give a 4 month time lapse and how the trim looks today. @Firebuff17 I would email Adams to see what suggestion you might get upon asking about application of both products and let us all know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed Adams just to clarify on this. I am unsure how I got to the point of cleaning in between applications with ceramic boost :unsure:, however, I was told in email to use the coating prep in between the two applications in a most current email. Sorry for the misinformation @Firebuff17 looks like you are good to proceed without the ceramic boost in between applications. However, you will want some to apply once in a while as it helps to really add some shine to the trim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

I emailed Adams just to clarify on this. I am unsure how I got to the point of cleaning in between applications with ceramic boost :unsure:, however, I was told in email to use the coating prep in between the two applications in a most current email. Sorry for the misinformation @Firebuff17 looks like you are good to proceed without the ceramic boost in between applications. However, you will want some to apply once in a while as it helps to really add some shine to the trim.

 

Glad this got sorted out, and no worries on being mistaken. If I had to admit every time I was wrong, I'd be pushing 5000 posts... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

 

Glad this got sorted out, and no worries on being mistaken. If I had to admit every time I was wrong, I'd be pushing 5000 posts... :)

Haha. I have lots to learn thats for certain, but am happy to do so because i love cars and making things shine :2thumbs:it truly is an addiction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×