Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ordered racedeck flooring!

hemi1300

Question

22 answers to this question

On 2/7/2018 at 6:38 PM, Rich said:

Yep.  Stop it at :04 /:30  

I had to be faster than entering Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start for that one...so here's screenshot for others. Also noticed an Adam's photo bomb in the background, too. Sweet garage, Chris!

Screenshot_2018-02-15-22-29-58.thumb.png.06740be36ea7e5897331c9dc74bf5267.png

I just installed Racedeck XL Freeflow in one bay of my garage. 2 bits of advice:

1.  Check your order for accuracy when it arrives. It took me several days after my order arrived to install it and when I got to the last box I found that it was all diamond plate tiles instead of freeflow. Of course it was Friday afternoon before New Years weekend and the office closed 1/2 hour before I called. They did respond promptly the next business day and set up the return pick up. It was only a week delay to finish the install. 

2.  If you are in a cold climate and your garage is not heated, wait for warmer weather. It was in the upper 30’s when I did my install and although my garage is attached it is not heated, just residual from the house. I had a few tiles that didn’t want to snap together & me trying to stomp them together broke a few of connectors. You can see in the bottom pic a blue tile that didn’t totally snap together. The next “warmer” day I was able to use a screwdriver and get things to line up. 

F02B3F0D-37F6-4F49-9ED8-ABA4DB1F2350.jpeg

9CE717C9-8173-4CD8-BF17-DC5D1DC880CA.jpeg

Edited by TJM

Lol, my garage is definitely my man cave where I spend all my time. Temp should be around 40 when they are delivered, definitely not waiting for warmer weather. Will just keep the doors closed and run my torpedo heater

18 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

I  agree post up some pics when done......I love my Racedeck FreeFlow floor.

IMG_3683 - Copy.JPG

You can often see a quick shot of this sweeet garage in the Race Deck commercial!  If you have a DVR it makes it easier to view, as the images move by quickly. 

It still looks great Chris!

I use my garage heavily for most kinds of work and wash my cars in the garage.  How would Race Deck work with that kind of wear?  Does the water go through and into the drain or would I have to sweep it in?  Same with dirt?  I like the looks of it, but not sure if it would be practical. Plus, all the crap from winter (slush, salt, dirt, etc)

On February 15, 2018 at 2:37 PM, Rich said:

I use my garage heavily for most kinds of work and wash my cars in the garage.  How would Race Deck work with that kind of wear?  Does the water go through and into the drain or would I have to sweep it in?  Same with dirt?  I like the looks of it, but not sure if it would be practical. Plus, all the crap from winter (slush, salt, dirt, etc)

this was one of my main concerns that almost held me back from purchasing race deck.  Have 3 daily driven vehicles in the garage that bring in lots of snow slop. I specifically asked race deck multiple times if this would be a problem and they assured me it would not.  The tiles are a hollow honeycomb type structure underneath and have channels cut out on the sides to allow airflow underneath so the water can either run to a floor drain or evaporate.  Considered the free flow tile, which is an open faced rib design so all the snow/water runs right through the tile, but didn't want all the salt grime and crap sitting on the concrete all winter long, and i'm sure you would have to pull it up after winter to power wash the concrete.  I initially purchased 48 sq ft of garagetrac tile to try, very similar to race deck but about 40%cheaper, and the seams between the tiles were not very tight.  Water seemed to almost run right through the cracks to the concrete.  On the race deck though, seams are very tight and you can't even see a gap, water just beads up on the tile and sits there, i highly doubt much water makes it through to concrete.  Has been a week now since my install and i have no regrets, absolutely love it