Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash & Wax or Ultra Foam Shampoo, which one.

bosco1

Question

W&W has my vote. I use the FG, too, which it works really well together with. While the Ultra Foam Shampoo will work in the FG or just normal bucket wash and produce good suds, it's optimal performance will be gained with the Foam Canon.

And for the record, W&W isnt really wax. It's actually silica-based, providing up to 4 months of protection. 

3 minutes ago, Red Rambler said:

@falcaineer has a good point. For me, the ultra foam was mediocre in the foam gun. In the foam cannon it truly excels. I like to wash with the blue shampoo and top it off with guard and gloss, in my top 3 of Adams products. 

I actually switch between just CS, CS and HGG (my favorite Adam's product), and the W&W. Just depends on my mood...and how motivated I am.

For more info, Dan T. explained the results you should expect from Ultra Foam in a FG and FC here.

37 minutes ago, Red Rambler said:

@falcaineer has a good point. For me, the ultra foam was mediocre in the foam gun. In the foam cannon it truly excels. I like to wash with the blue shampoo and top it off with guard and gloss, in my top 3 of Adams products. 

I use G&G regularly, my favorite.  So the blue shampoo should be fine for me I would think..

3 minutes ago, bosco1 said:

I use G&G regularly, my favorite.  So the blue shampoo should be fine for me I would think..

Guess you went with (hidden) Door #3. ;)

And yes, it will work great. But I do still recommend W&W, and also really like the smell. Never been much of a fan of the blue CS scent.

10 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Guess you went with (hidden) Door #3. ;)

And yes, it will work great. But I do still recommend W&W, and also really like the smell. Never been much of a fan of the blue CS scent.

I thought the had replaced the blue shampoo with the Ultra until Naylor mentioned it above. Can the wash and wax replace G&G? I think we can get carried away layering some of these products. G&G is alittle pricey in comparison but it is my favorite as of now...

37 minutes ago, bosco1 said:

I thought the had replaced the blue shampoo with the Ultra until Naylor mentioned it above. Can the wash and wax replace G&G? I think we can get carried away layering some of these products. G&G is alittle pricey in comparison but it is my favorite as of now...

I guess in theory, yes, it could. But I don't see that happening for me. HGG is just too great of a product.

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

I like the WW in the winter when I want something more than just a wash and it's too cold to do a full detail.  In the summer, it's the regular (now the Ultra) shampoo. I use the G&G year round. No issues. 

Pretty much the same here.

4 minutes ago, UofAZCats said:

I actually mix in a little of the Ultra into my CS and enjoy a little more suds with regular wash.

That sounds like a good idea, hadn't thought of that. Are you liking the results? 

By the way, what does the Ultra Foam smell like?

8 hours ago, TheWolf said:

There is no silica in the Wash & Wax, just synthetic polymers.

This may be a to-MAY-to, to-MAH-to thing, Dan, but Adam says it has "protection derived from silica" beginning at the :25 point in this video:

But either way we say it, there's no wax in W&W. 

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

This may be a to-MAY-to, to-MAH-to thing, Dan, but Adam says it has "protection derived from silica" beginning at the :25 point in this video:

But either way we say it, there's no wax in W&W. 

Seems to be some confusion on this topic:

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, Kyle@Adams said:

One correction I want to make is the myth of Wash n Wax being an SiO2 soap. THIS IS INCORRECT. Wash & Wax contains a polymer that acts as a hydrophobicity influencer, not actual Silicone Dioxide.

I will get more clarification on this and report back.

Definitely clarification necessary.  I've seen W&W recommended a lot to people with silica coatings as they would "play well" together.  But if it's basically a similar base in the W&W as what's in H2O GG/LPS (Which is what I suspect) then it wouldn't be a good addition to a silica coating.  

Speaking of W&W...have some from mystery box/bucket purchases but haven't used it as have rough matte stripes on my HotWheels Camaro & flat matte stripes on my 50th Anniversary Convertible camaro. So is the W&W okay for convertible cloth tops? Will it cause shine to a flat matte or rough matte stripe? Will it dry out vinyl stripes? Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, Liralen said:

Speaking of W&W...have some from mystery box/bucket purchases but haven't used it as have rough matte stripes on my HotWheels Camaro & flat matte stripes on my 50th Anniversary Convertible camaro. So is the W&W okay for convertible cloth tops? Will it cause shine to a flat matte or rough matte stripe? Will it dry out vinyl stripes? Thanks in advance!

Can't speak to the convertible top, but I have matte black stripes and wheels on my F-150 and Wash & Wax adds no noticeable gloss to either of them.

6 hours ago, zw470 said:

Can't speak to the convertible top, but I have matte black stripes and wheels on my F-150 and Wash & Wax adds no noticeable gloss to either of them.

Doesn't add any unwanted gloss to a cloth convertible top either...................

Hi all, 

Clearing up some confusion regarding this topic. When we talk Silica and SiO2, we think of immediate curing and hydrophobic intensity. Wash and Wax does contain a small amount of silica in it (why it plays well with coatings) but don't think of it as a soap packed full with ceramic properties. The silica is a small polymer-like addition that helps with beading over repeated washes. 

So in conclusion: YES, Wash & Wax does contain silica. Keep your eyes peeled for a much more robust soap that may or may not contain an increased amount of SiO2 ;) 

-Kyle 

4 hours ago, Kyle@Adams said:

Hi all, 

Clearing up some confusion regarding this topic. When we talk Silica and SiO2, we think of immediate curing and hydrophobic intensity. Wash and Wax does contain a small amount of silica in it (why it plays well with coatings) but don't think of it as a soap packed full with ceramic properties. The silica is a small polymer-like addition that helps with beading over repeated washes. 

So in conclusion: YES, Wash & Wax does contain silica. Keep your eyes peeled for a much more robust soap that may or may not contain an increased amount of SiO2 ;) 

-Kyle 

STOP TEASING US!!! :willy:

P.S. Thanks for the clarification!

7 hours ago, Kyle@Adams said:

Hi all, 

-Kyle 

Give us the good stuff