Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash & Wax or Ultra Foam Shampoo, which one.

bosco1

Question

Kyle...can you confirm there is a small amount of the Wash and Wax protection in the Ultra foam?  That was on another thread last week,  cant find it now.

Thanks

For the the others here, I have all 3 and like them all,  However I dont use the Wash and Wax on a very dirty car.  If its that dirty, it will be straight Shampoo or may call for Strip wash(like after winter)

On 3/9/2018 at 10:06 PM, Liralen said:

Speaking of W&W...have some from mystery box/bucket purchases but haven't used it as have rough matte stripes on my HotWheels Camaro & flat matte stripes on my 50th Anniversary Convertible camaro. So is the W&W okay for convertible cloth tops? Will it cause shine to a flat matte or rough matte stripe? Will it dry out vinyl stripes? Thanks in advance!

I don't think you want to use anything with wax in it on your convertible top.  I treat mine with Ragg Topp and then I can just wash the top with the rest of the car, including using the Ultra Foam Shampoo.  Rinses off real well. 

21 hours ago, Rich said:

I don't think you want to use anything with wax in it on your convertible top.  I treat mine with Ragg Topp and then I can just wash the top with the rest of the car, including using the Ultra Foam Shampoo.  Rinses off real well. 

Thanks Rich.  Did not think it would be good for the convertible top, but when saw Adam Pitale at a detail clinic asked him about using it with Matte stripes, and he said it would be just find.  Didn't think to ask him about the convertible top.

On 3/8/2018 at 10:28 PM, Rich said:

I like the WW in the winter when I want something more than just a wash and it's too cold to do a full detail.  In the summer, it's the regular (now the Ultra) shampoo. I use the G&G year round. No issues. 

Couldn’t have said it any better, WW is good for about every 5 or 6 washes when I want a little more then just a wash and I use ultra foam with my foam gun and I use it in my foam cannon also but if it’s a bucket wash most of the time just car shampoo.

On 3/26/2018 at 2:43 PM, M3Eric said:

I've gotta say I love the UFS and I definitely notice more foam in my foam cannon. I like to use g&g but using ceramic boost from time to time will give a nice glossy result!

Hey Eric, when you say "more foam,"  you mean in comparison to the regular blue shampoo, correct? I went straight to the UFS instead of the blue shampoo, but after my first use, I didn't see the thick foam that I was expecting with my foam cannon. It could be my cannon's orifice, which I plan to change next. 

Edited by PointMan
spelling

On 5/22/2018 at 1:02 AM, PointMan said:

Hey Eric, when you say "more foam,"  you mean in comparison to the regular blue shampoo, correct? I went straight to the UFS instead of the blue shampoo, but after my first use, I didn't see the thick foam that I was expecting with my foam cannon. It could be my cannon's orifice, which I plan to change next. 

Correct. I can produce a ridiculous amount of foam with my cannon using UFS. How much product are you using? I like to use 4-5 oz of UFS per Foam Cannon canister. Thats where i get the best results... also I recently upgraded from an electric pressure washer to a gas powered (2,800 psi, 2.3 GPM) and that brought my foam game to a whole other level! 

18 hours ago, M3Eric said:

Correct. I can produce a ridiculous amount of foam with my cannon using UFS. How much product are you using? I like to use 4-5 oz of UFS per Foam Cannon canister. Thats where i get the best results... also I recently upgraded from an electric pressure washer to a gas powered (2,800 psi, 2.3 GPM) and that brought my foam game to a whole other level! 

I followed the foam cannon manufacturer's instruction. It was probably 3 or 4 squirts. I'll try using more this weekend. I have a Ryobi 1600 PSI, 1.2 GPM electric pressure washer, which I think is awesome for the size. I read that the gas ones produce better foam, but I didn't want to spend a lot for a starter unit. I asked because some folks are saying that the blue shampoo produces the same amount of foam by adding a little bit more. I thought by going with the UFS, I could get a nice foam with less amount of shampoo. I hope I'm correct. Thanks.

12 hours ago, PointMan said:

I followed the foam cannon manufacturer's instruction. It was probably 3 or 4 squirts. I'll try using more this weekend. I have a Ryobi 1600 PSI, 1.2 GPM electric pressure washer, which I think is awesome for the size. I read that the gas ones produce better foam, but I didn't want to spend a lot for a starter unit. I asked because some folks are saying that the blue shampoo produces the same amount of foam by adding a little bit more. I thought by going with the UFS, I could get a nice foam with less amount of shampoo. I hope I'm correct. Thanks.

many variables come into play regarding foam , like gpm, water to soap ratio, type of water where you live(apparently theres TYPES of tap water) i read somewhere that nyc and its sorrounding areas high have high salt content in their water. maybe thats why new york pizza taste amazing... but i digress... i have a civic SI sedan and i use a GAS pw with an MTM foam cannon pf22 and i only fill it up 1/2 way with water and about 3oz of car shampoo... i usually get some thick frothy foam. 

On 3/13/2018 at 1:28 PM, Kyle@Adams said:

Clearing up some confusion regarding this topic. When we talk Silica and SiO2, we think of immediate curing and hydrophobic intensity. Wash and Wax does contain a small amount of silica in it (why it plays well with coatings) but don't think of it as a soap packed full with ceramic properties. The silica is a small polymer-like addition that helps with beading over repeated washes. 

So in conclusion: YES, Wash & Wax does contain silica. Keep your eyes peeled for a much more robust soap that may or may not contain an increased amount of SiO2 ;) 

Apologies for the thread revival, but has there been any update on the "much more robust soap that may or may not contain an increased amount of SiO2"?

Hi Norton, 

We're hard at work getting the product perfected for the end user-- I see you're in CO Springs, if you're ever in the area of our new shop in Thornton, I'd love to send you home with a sample of some to try and see what you think! 

Thank you guys! 

42 minutes ago, Kyle@Adams said:

Hi Norton, 

We're hard at work getting the product perfected for the end user-- I see you're in CO Springs, if you're ever in the area of our new shop in Thornton, I'd love to send you home with a sample of some to try and see what you think! 

Thank you guys! 

Dam..just bought a gallon of Wash n wax!! Wonder how quickly i can use it up??

1 hour ago, Kyle@Adams said:

Hi Norton, 

Thank you guys! 

Ummmm i'm about 15 minutes away from the shop. If the offer is on the table i'd love to give it a test run!

9 hours ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

Ummmm i'm about 15 minutes away from the shop. If the offer is on the table i'd love to give it  a test run!

Whoa whoa.....Kyle if we are going to be testing the product I believe it should be tested at different altitudes..not just in CO’s high altitude.  And maybe try someone on the east coast..just in case it reacts differently.  ?