Customer Service 866.965.0400

2 new products for me

SGM CAMARO

Question

I got two products in my mystery bag that at first, I don't see using...but maybe they can be used in other ways??

Ceramic Boost-  my car is not ceramic coated.  I usually use a paint sealent or synthetic wax.  Reading the label, it almost sounds like I can use this after washing, similar to a detail spray for added shine and protection?  Is this true? How is it different from detail spray?  How often can it be used?  Would every other wash be too much?  

Waterless Wash-  I don't plan on doing waterless washes.  What else can i use this for?  How does it compare to detail spray.

Just a side note:  I thought the contents of my mystery bag were just a little too random.  Usually they give you the towels to go with the waterless wash, or the ceramic wax to go with the ceramic boost.  Whatever, I technically got the $200 worth.

Thanks for the suggestions on these two products.  

14 answers to this question

Yes, it can be used after a wash to add gloss and protection. In fact, CB can be used as a stand alone sealant, similar to HGG, and is silica-based (vs HGG which is an acrylic resins). See the instructions on the bottle for application methods following a wash, etc. It's advertised for last months, but I can't attest to that since I use/favor HGG. I'd say using it once/month or so would be more than sufficient and any more often overkill, potentially losing some gloss, etc, because of too much with layering.

WW is awesome, and if you haven't done a wash using it, I recommend you give it a try. You might be surprised. And it smells incredible...addicting, even. Other uses are door jams and the engine bay. Compared to DS, direct from the product website, it "is a more effective cleaner, and has more lubricant designed to remove larger dirt particles without causing swirls. It also has no gloss enhancers, so it leaves your paint clean but not glossy. Follow Adam's Waterless Car Wash with Adam's Detail Spray to enhance the gloss!"

Edited by falcaineer

The Ceramic boost can be used as a stand alone, wont last as long as some products but can be used. I have thought about using it on Door Jambs but still have enough H2O that I do that with for the moment. 

The Waterless Wash, is great for bug splats on the fly. Soak them down and wipe away simple and easy. 

I use waterless wash to clean all my lawn equipment as well. I rarely give them a full wash with water to avoid rusting. Just a quick blow with the air gun or blower. Then soak them down with waterless and let it loosen the stuck on grass and dirt. A quick wipe up and they look great :)

Ceramic Boost is great and you don't have to have your car coated to use it.  As for the WW, you can use it for lubricant with clay bar, and I use it a lot on the outside of my Weber grill!  Takes the grease off without water.

I have used Ceramic Boost on the wheels on my truck and it has really helped with the brake dust build up.  As for Waterless Wash, that is part of my travel kit, although it gets used the most often when it is a rainy day and I need a reason to spend a few hours in the garage.   WW is also great for the door jams, trunk seal and the top of the inner fenders under the hood.

19 hours ago, SIM CAMARO said:

Waterless Wash-  I don't plan on doing waterless washes.  What else can i use this for?  How does it compare to detail spray.

Keep a bottle in the car wrapped in a Waterless Wash to remove bird bombs, and for bugs on a road trip.  I keep my in the rear-driver side water bottle pocket.

I tried out my new ceramic boost this morning on a black suv hood.  Using waterless wash and a gray edgless really helped to buff off the excess.  I am really impressed.  This car was not ceramic coated.  I want to see how it looks after a rain, but can't wait to do the rest of the suv and then my camaro!  

2FBA813A-84D1-4F10-873F-5ED634D558B6.jpeg

26B6B1F5-1071-43F7-B7A3-5188A23BCD66.jpeg

3 hours ago, SIM CAMARO said:

I tried out my new ceramic boost this morning on a black suv hood.  Using waterless wash and a gray edgless really helped to buff off the excess.  I am really impressed.  This car was not ceramic coated.  I want to see how it looks after a rain, but can't wait to do the rest of the suv and then my camaro!  

2FBA813A-84D1-4F10-873F-5ED634D558B6.jpeg

26B6B1F5-1071-43F7-B7A3-5188A23BCD66.jpeg

That looks awesome! Glad both worked out for you, and can't wait to see results on the Camaro.