Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl marks post Ceramic Coating

makaman

Question

hey guys,

So this kinda sucks balls...I ceramic coated my baby a couple months ago so she was all good.  I had to take her into service and when it was done they so kindly gave her a bath.  At first i was like not bad but then again it was parked in the shade....i get home and damn it i can see light scratches similar to swirlies... my question is to get rid of them would it require stripping off the CC or is there a way to "polish" up the CC to remove the swirls maybe some CB or Ceramic wax?

Figured id put a pic of her before she was tainted :(

thanks,

makani 

20190602_090717.jpg

17 answers to this question

I think to do it correctly, instead of just using something to “hide” the swirls, you will need to strip and polish.

its more than likely that your swirls are through your CC And into your clearcoat. SO if you were to polish, you would be getting rid of the CC anyways.

1 minute ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

I think to do it correctly, instead of just using something to “hide” the swirls, you will need to strip and polish.

its more than likely that your swirls are through your CC And into your clearcoat. SO if you were to polish, you would be getting rid of the CC anyways.

this is what i was hoping wasnt the answer 😐  appreciate the response!!   

My route...since it’s  already done....don’t get too wrapped up over the term “removing/stripping”. the current CC.  It’s coming off during the polish anyways. In other words, two processes are not needed (removing CC and fixing the damage). Just fix the damage. Polish however and with whatever will fix the issue to your standards.  If it’s not spray CC, you may have some left on the surface depending on how much polishing is required.  Only you will be able to telll this. But anywho...

polish the damage, a quick wipe down with costing prep, and a layer of spray CC.  If you haven’t used the spray yet, you’re gonna be blown away anyways, especially on that color. 

Someone on hwre was sven making mirror tags for when you go the shop that basically (and politely) says DO NOT touch this f@#$ing car!  I even tell anyone everywhere ,I’ve goes not to even clean in their own mess.  I don’t mind; if they screen up and have an accident, make a mess, get it dirty, whatever—I’ll fix it later.  DNR! 

Thanks fellas.  Yeah I've had them not do the wash but those were quick visits ie a day.  This one they had her for a week and it just slipped my mind as I was wanting her back vs thinking they were gonna doodle.

Yeah just washed her this am and It sucks.  I'll be doing a finishing correction when it's not 110 out.  Just amazed how 1 wash kills it.  The good thing is I still love how the water runs with the metro vac still.   Have a good fathers day fellas!!

Adams coating isn’t too difficult to remove. If you use a polish, you’ll want to reapply the coating. 

They do make micro fine polishes, but Adams isn’t the most durable on the market (as are most consumer grade coatings). 

We give “Do Not Wash” hang tags to all coating clients from another source. They’re hard plastic and hang well. 

Seeing I have not used any of the ceramic products I was wondering how did it get and swirls.  I was under the understanding that ceramic was to help stop this from happening.  If all it does if give your finish a great shine, protects against the elements and helps the water run off better, I will stick to my normal procedure and the Patriot wax.

5 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

Seeing I have not used any of the ceramic products I was wondering how did it get and swirls.  I was under the understanding that ceramic was to help stop this from happening.  If all it does if give your finish a great shine, protects against the elements and helps the water run off better, I will stick to my normal procedure and the Patriot wax.

It’s harder than clear coat. It’s not impervious to damage. 

Poor technique will damage any finish. 

You might also consider using Ceramic Spray Coating after claying with the fine grade clay bar. It may serve to fill in the minor swirls alleviating the need to polish. Give it a shot.

I have a different design for the mirror sign - will post when I get a pic.