Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Liquid Wax

Jjm1995

Question

Hi fellow detail enthusiasts!

I am considering using the Liquid Ceramic wax instead of the buttery wax. Currently my car has a paint sealant base with buttery wax over top. If I strip the old products, go through the polishing steps with a DA buffer, would the ceramic liquid wax be a good option in comparison to the sealant and buttery wax? I don't have a permanent ceramic coating because unfortunately there are parts of my car that have paint scraped off and need to be repainted. I intend to get that done when the paint is perfect however.

Thanks for all your help!

3 answers to this question

On 6/2/2020 at 3:09 PM, Jjm1995 said:

Hi fellow detail enthusiasts!

I am considering using the Liquid Ceramic wax instead of the buttery wax. Currently my car has a paint sealant base with buttery wax over top. If I strip the old products, go through the polishing steps with a DA buffer, would the ceramic liquid wax be a good option in comparison to the sealant and buttery wax? I don't have a permanent ceramic coating because unfortunately there are parts of my car that have paint scraped off and need to be repainted. I intend to get that done when the paint is perfect however.

Thanks for all your help!

I have used it as a stand-alone product on a clean surface vehicle and the results were good.  I would compare it to the original Ceramic Paste Wax for how it looked and felt after applied.  The CPW provided about 10 months of longevity with regular maintenance washes.  I do not how long the liquid ceramic wax will last since it has only been a couple of months since I used it.

Edited by RayS

A friend and I did a longevity test on his VW Golf TDI last summer using Ceramic Liquid Wax. We washed, clayed, and then did a one-step machine polish on the surface using our older Orange Foam Pad and orange Correcting Polish. We then used Surface Prep and applied the Ceramic Liquid Wax on July 2nd. He commutes 40 minutes and works at a lock and dam - a harsh driving environment.

We specifically did zero maintenance on the vehicle after applying the Ceramic Liquid Wax other than basic washing, to test its' durability. It began to show signs of reduced performance and water beading in October, so we got about 4 months out of one application in some very real-world driving conditions. The vehicle is parked outside every night as well. If we would have maintained it with Ceramic Boost once a month, my thinking is that it would have made it another 2 months into the middle of winter.

With our Paint Sealant, I usually see 6-12 months out of it on my parents' vehicles, but they are garaged and are not driven nearly as much now that they are both retired. I will say that to me, Ceramic Liquid Wax is incredibly easy to apply and remove, and quite fun to work with. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite products for quick and durable protection and shine!