Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray Question !

mikeg6045

Question

Hello everyone.

I have been a long time Adams user for a good majority of his products.

-Detail Spray

-Glass Cleaner

-All Purpose Cleaner

-Waterless Wash

-Carpet and Upholstery cleaner

-Car Wash

-Drying & Waterless Wash Microfiber Towels

Pretty much everything he sells in the Gallon size bottle's. :) I have a habit of buying and trying products from most high quality manufactures, but make no mistake, the products I listed have STAY PUT in my arsenal regardless of any fact or opinion.

With that said, I just got a new Audi S4 that is Ibis White. I have noticed over time that Adams Detail Spray has gotten lighter and lighter on the Pink coloring. as well as better and better performance with each batch over the years.

I'm wondering if the current detail spray will be ok to use liberally on the exterior of a car with white paint ?

I tested it out on a white BMW lastnight and did not notice any color staining on the paint. But this was in a garage with terrible lighting.

FYI, after I wash or when I clay I use a lot of detail spray.

Thoughts ?? TIA

18 answers to this question

:thumbsup:My little secret, I got from Adam's videos is to lightly spray my washed and pool rinsed wet car before drying. OMG....my car dries faster, without spotting and ultra shine and smoothness to the finish. I ended up with two bottles of detail spray on my initial orders and wondered what I would do with all that product. Well, one bottle is already almost gone. I think the detail spray is a miracle product.

Yes, and it saves you time, which is good too! I keep 2 DS bottles, and use one in each hand to quickly go around after the wash while the paint is still wet and mist the whole vehicle. Then I dry it off (and boost the shine) in one shot! Plus it seems to keep the hard water spots away. Our water here is pretty hard.

thx everyone ! :)

I am waiting for my new order to arrive with some supply's from Adams. Appreciate the input.

I used about 16 oz of detail spray on a white BMW that I just finished and did not have any issues.

chewy, thx for that post. Most new Adams customers probably though this was a crazy question, but guys who used the red detail spray in the past should know this is a legitimate concern. I do not have the time to afford polishing out a car for someone important to me, only to top it off and stain it in the end. which is why I asked.

again, appreciate the support.

Mike

Hello everyone.

I have been a long time Adams user for a good majority of his products.

-Detail Spray

-Glass Cleaner

-All Purpose Cleaner

-Waterless Wash

-Carpet and Upholstery cleaner

-Car Wash

-Drying & Waterless Wash Microfiber Towels

Pretty much everything he sells in the Gallon size bottle's. :) I have a habit of buying and trying products from most high quality manufactures, but make no mistake, the products I listed have STAY PUT in my arsenal regardless of any fact or opinion.

With that said, I just got a new Audi S4 that is Ibis White. I have noticed over time that Adams Detail Spray has gotten lighter and lighter on the Pink coloring. as well as better and better performance with each batch over the years.

I'm wondering if the current detail spray will be ok to use liberally on the exterior of a car with white paint ?

I tested it out on a white BMW lastnight and did not notice any color staining on the paint. But this was in a garage with terrible lighting.

FYI, after I wash or when I clay I use a lot of detail spray.

Thoughts ?? TIA

No issues! I use it on my white truck all the time. I had the older stuff and DID have an issue with staining but it came right off when I used the PC after claying it.

Chris

Well, it seems that the DS might have one tiny minor problem. In isolated cases it can create a build up which interferes with the bonding of Americana wax over a DS sprayed car. This is not a direct quote from Dylan, but my understanding from a different post concerning DS vs. WW products when drying a car. I guess next spring when I wax the car, I might have to worry about stripping off the Detail Spray? I plan on hand polishing the car before application of Americana. I would think this would remove the DS. Anyone?:xfingers:

The concern is minor, and only really a problem is used REALLY close together... like wipe down with DS, then immediately apply Americana. Honestly I wouldn't over-think it... the cases of it happening are pretty few and far between.

Well, it seems that the DS might have one tiny minor problem. In isolated cases it can create a build up which interferes with the bonding of Americana wax over a DS sprayed car. This is not a direct quote from Dylan, but my understanding from a different post concerning DS vs. WW products when drying a car. I guess next spring when I wax the car, I might have to worry about stripping off the Detail Spray? I plan on hand polishing the car before application of Americana. I would think this would remove the DS. Anyone?:xfingers:

:thumbsup:My little secret, I got from Adam's videos is to lightly spray my washed and pool rinsed wet car before drying. OMG....my car dries faster, without spotting and ultra shine and smoothness to the finish. I ended up with two bottles of detail spray on my initial orders and wondered what I would do with all that product. Well, one bottle is already almost gone. I think the detail spray is a miracle product.

I'm thinking the pink coloring is only a dye in the DS.The clear coat on your Audi should protect from any dying ;)

I've noticed Adams GC has lightened up on different batches as well and Dylan told me because they are hand mixed for coloring.That they will vary.

Archived