Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Cars

Osok

My 1st was a 85 Toyota 4Runner. Brand new off the lot...I was a spoiled kid :D

Similar to this one but solid red and black

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOfjCHY_c69Az2rxZDDFv_QHyFKRujeS1WWTIDcqEJEsiUdQYhVg

It was one tough SOB especially with what I put it through ;)

About 5 years later I bought a 85 CJ7. I loved that thing but the engine was junk. Then moved on to GM. 93 chevy step side, 99 Z71 extra cab, and present day 08 Silverado.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine, 65 Fastback Mustang on 68 Bronco chassis.

Powered by the Bronco 302 with 3 speed trans and 4:11 rear

4x4Fastback_01.jpg

4x4Fastback_02.jpg

4x4Fastback_03.jpg

4x4Fastback_04.jpg

Are you freakin kiddin me!!! That is ... by far ... the vehicle ... that I'd have kept for my entire life!!! If that was my 1st car, it would also be the last car, because I would never want to part with it. Don't get me wrong I understand the lack of practicallity, so there'd be others along the way, but this would be in the stable forever. VERY COOL .

• 2 months later...

1989 Toyota Tercel. had fun with it..I put in knight rider lights and a PA system with sirens, animal sounds and a microphone. Also the Doors logo (without the S on the driver door) ha

But I didn't know how to maintain it properly at school. Blew the engine at 164,000 miles and sold it on ebay for $80.

Sweet idea for a thread!

Heres mine, 2006 R53 Mini Cooper S....I loved that car and by far one of the best years for Mini. I love mine now but im just not as "attached" as I was with "Brittany" I can only imagine how good she would have looked had I found Adams earlier...:rolleyes:

DSC02438.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02445-1.jpg

DSC02440-1-1.jpg

DSC02434.jpg

I tried to find a picture of my first car....to no avail.

However the dude that bought it from me, didn't test drive it, walked up, handed my dad $4k in cash money, drove off. Two days later...around a pole!

OOOOOOOOOOOPS.

I must be one of the older poorer guys here on the forum.....My first car was a 1956 Chevy Bel Aire 2 door post.....rust bucket. I'll have to see if I can find a few pictures and scan them. The second car was a 1964 Dodge Polara 500, that was a sweet car.

I must be one of the older poorer guys here on the forum.....My first car was a 1956 Chevy Bel Aire 2 door post.....rust bucket. I'll have to see if I can find a few pictures and scan them. The second car was a 1964 Dodge Polara 500, that was a sweet car.

:rockon: Cool, another old poor guy:cheers:

OK I found one of the 56 shortly after I bought it......remember I was 15 years old and worked and saved to buy this wondercar. I rattle can spray primed it.

circa 1970

56chevy2.jpg

Here are a couple of the Dodge. It was really a special car.

Circa 1973

64dodge002.jpg

64dodge.jpg

My first car (if you can call it that) was a 1979 Subaru GF coupe. It was red originally, but had oxidized so badly it was a dull orange. It was so bad it would bring a tear to Adams eye. The interior was white vinyl and would crack when impacted during the winter. It was gutless (topped out at 80 going downhill), but it was a tank! I was in 3 accidents in that thing and it never even received a dent. Anyway, here is a picture, not my car but this is what it looked like...

3266936573_8cdf512825_o.jpg

That had less rust than my 69 Nova, I had to buy Bondo by the gallon to rebuild the body :lolsmack::lolsmack:

OK I found one of the 56 shortly after I bought it......remember I was 15 years old and worked and saved to buy this wondercar. I rattle can spray primed it.

circa 1970

56chevy2.jpg

1.) 2000 Mitsu Eclipse 2.) 2001 Mustang Cobra 3.) 2010 Sierra

well if we're naming all... lol

'90 Lumina Eurosport 3.1

'88 Jimmy 4.3

'96 626 5sp (mistake, wanted a 5sp)

'00 Grand Prix GT 2door

'06 Grand Prix GT Supercharged

'09 G8 GT (first brand new)

------

my wife

'96 Explorer 5.0 (was her brothers when New)

'07 Scion tC (new)

'11 Edge SEL AWD (new)

Vehicles and age when bought

90 red grand prix coupe 5 years old

97 red grand prix gtp New

97 jeep sahara green 2 years old kept grand prix also

99 black Navigator 2 years old, traded GP and Jeep for it

01 lexus IS black 3 years old

03 Fx35 black 3 years old

08 4dr jeep rescue grn New

06 GC SRT8 black 5 yrs old

This list does not include our family vehicles my wife usually drives, lol

• 1 month later...

1971 Camero, 350 SS, RS, 4-Speed, Positraction. Bought it new, special ordered it with the exact options I wanted.... first and only time I have ever done that.... sure wish I still had that car.. yikes.. that's 40 years ago

Wish i had pics of my 95 silverado. It was forest green 2 wheel drive had a 350 small block and didnt have a panel on it that wasnt dented. Well when i first got her she didnt have a dent or scratch anywhere but 18 yrs old, a truck, some farmland and tons of beer don't mix or did they...

• 2 months later...

My first car was a Christmas gift from my parents (in '04). It was a '93 Dodge Intrepid with over 130k, a broken cd player, ripped leather, and smelled like rotten spoiled eggs (no that's not a double negative).... years later I got a '03 PT cruiser in '08 with 105k or so. That thing was so embarassing to drive in and it ended up taking a poop last February. It's sitting in my garage right now and just needs a new timing belt and water pump. When that guy broke down I bought my current 2010 Dodge Charger with 5k down and financed over 7 years =-O

in 06' got an 04' buick rondevouz (dads trade in)

in 08' got an 02' cadillac escalade (moms old car, since given to sister 195k still running strong, original everything)

in 10' got an 08' Jeep SRT8 (and will be with me much longer than 2 years, my first car with my name on everything)