Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not for the faint of heart...

Justin@SwanCreek

Question

I recieved a call from a good friend of mine this morning... I could tell right away that something was wrong just from his tone. He informs me that he found his car this morning with gallon of paint all over his car... so I rushed over to assist in damage control....

Here is what I found.... (ps after pictures will be posted once I finish the car)

What did you use to get the paint off the weather stripping? That's where the work was. Since everyone knows how wax sticks to the cracks, imagine paint. :willy:

First off I have to say that you are the man junkman :bow:... your videos are awesome. I ended up using my steamer to soften up the paint in the weather stripping. Once it was soft enough, I would use a paint scrapper with a soft towel around it to wipe off the paint. Any left over paint after the first past with the steam would get a good amount of apc and another wipe. This process seemed to work just fine without hurting anything. From start to finish the whole care took me 15 hours by myself.

First off I have to say that you are the man junkman :bow:... your videos are awesome. I ended up using my steamer to soften up the paint in the weather stripping. Once it was soft enough, I would use a paint scrapper with a soft towel around it to wipe off the paint. Any left over paint after the first past with the steam would get a good amount of apc and another wipe. This process seemed to work just fine without hurting anything. From start to finish the whole care took me 15 hours by myself.

Dude, you're the man! I would have walked away from that job! Way more work than I would feel like doing! I hope you were compensated well. This Bud is definitely for you! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah the car actually looks alot better now then it did before it was trashed... And for your information, those idiots you watch on the jersey shore are in fact from New York. I have lived in New Jersey my whole life and have yet to incounter people like those purprayed in the "jersey shore". Furthermore, the whole "jersey shore" show gives the real residents of New Jersey a bad rap.

Yeah the car actually looks alot better now then it did before it was trashed... And for your information, those idiots you watch on the jersey shore are in fact from New York. I have lived in New Jersey my whole life and have yet to incounter people like those purprayed in the "jersey shore". Furthermore, the whole "jersey shore" show gives the real residents of New Jersey a bad rap.

:iagree:

Archived