Customer Service 866.965.0400

California Water Blade

chevyguy8893

Question

23 answers to this question

I have been using them for years with no ill effects. I would keep and eye on the blade and if it looks worn buy a new one. I like the jelly version myself prevents thing like Jason said form happening. I also always hose mine of prior to using and after use.

I also like to mist the vehicles with the detail spray prior to wiping makes it glide easier and then when you use the WW for final dry it makes it much nicer looking and helps get rid of any spotting that may occur.

I have been using them for years with no ill effects. I would keep and eye on the blade and if it looks worn buy a new one. I like the jelly version myself prevents thing like Jason said form happening. I also always hose mine of prior to using and after use.

I also like to mist the vehicles with the detail spray prior to wiping makes it glide easier and then when you use the WW for final dry it makes it much nicer looking and helps get rid of any spotting that may occur.

That's pretty much how I use mine. I'm obsessive about making sure the edge is completely clean before I touch it to the car, and I spray a light coat of Detail Spray on the car to glide it along. :cheers:

Rich

Been using one for years and have no complaints. If you go to car shows, there's usually a guy around that sells a rubber one (usually has a Chevy or Ford, etc. emblem on it). Stay away from those. They don't work. The California blade is the only one I use. :thumbsup:

Been using one for years and have no complaints. If you go to car shows, there's usually a guy around that sells a rubber one (usually has a Chevy or Ford, etc. emblem on it). Stay away from those. They don't work. The California blade is the only one I use. :thumbsup:

Use the jelly blade one as he said, not the cheap rubber ones. Make sure you do it fast too to keep dirt from settling on the car, and keep everything well lubed with detail spray. All of the tips here are great, and as long as you are careful they can be used without issue.

That's good to know since I love using this thing for my truck to cut down drying time. I will just pay attention to it and hopefully i won't scratch anything. I should probably replace it and get one of the jelly handled ones and get rid of my old plastic handled blade. Thanks.

Use the jelly blade one as he said, not the cheap rubber ones. Make sure you do it fast too to keep dirt from settling on the car, and keep everything well lubed with detail spray. All of the tips here are great, and as long as you are careful they can be used without issue.

I don't use mine with detail spray. I just use it to swish the water off the cars after I wash them. Then I towel dry and detail.

I agree. I have come to the conclusion that anytime you can avoid actually touching the paint with anything, you have just eliminated another opportunity to leave a scratch.

:iagree: The Junk Man is right, avoiding touching the car is a sure way to avoid damaging the finish!

That is a good point, it is easy, but it could be harder in the long run if it does scratch. I guess I will either have to fix my air compressor or buy a decent shop vac to blow the water off.

$40 for a electric leaf blower. It can blow my cats around so water on your car is cake.