Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

I tracked my latest Adam's package and saw it was delivered so I made a beeline home at lunch time. I Waterless Car Washed the hood and front 1/4 panels followed by clay bar. I broke out the new Spray sealant and went to town. DANG!!! This stuff is phenomenal! A quick shpritz of Detail Spray to knock down the static and I then hurried back to the office. Around 4:45 I hopped in the car and drove up to Oswego to deliver an order to an account. I volunteered to bring it to them the moment it passed final inspection. What Adam's customer service is to their industry we are to ours.

deal on CTS-V fell through. they were offering me $3k less than what the trade-in value on KBB and NADA are. at first they were offering $5k less but i laughed in their face at it. they were claiming "there just isn't a market for extended cabs" blah blah blah.

and i misunderstood them on the phone, the car was titled to the dealership who bought it at the GM Only auction, and because of that, the location with the car isn't budging on the price claiming "its seen a lot of activity"

so my wife yanked me out of there before i did something stupid again (like paying $2k above MSRP on a Camaro before they hit the showroom floors) she said i need to wait until we can afford it without trading in my truck, that way it doesn't have to be a daily driver and rack up miles.......

That sucks Ryan. Better luck next time man, it looked like a good find.

You should try to sell your truck privately. I would love to hear someone tell you of a story of how they traded in a vehicle and got a great deal. They usually try to bury the trade in all the numbers to make it look like you got a good deal. The only time a trade in is worth it is if a.) you've tried and tried and you just can't sell or b.) you could care less about losing your a$$...because in the end the dealer WILL get their money.

That sucks Ryan. Better luck next time man, it looked like a good find.

You should try to sell your truck privately. I would love to hear someone tell you of a story of how they traded in a vehicle and got a great deal. They usually try to bury the trade in all the numbers to make it look like you got a good deal. The only time a trade in is worth it is if a.) you've tried and tried and you just can't sell or b.) you could care less about losing your a$$...because in the end the dealer WILL get their money.

yeah they kept trying to show me the value of the trade-in plus the tax savings from it. some made up number to make it look better than it is.

oh well, my wife and i decided we're going to wait until we can afford it without trading in and keep my truck as the daily driver. more waiting!

turned 21 :jester: Now to go and get myself supplies for a night of white russians

Happy 21st you old fart! White russians you say...that ought to be fun coming out your nose 'bout 3 AM :willy: Be safe and again, happy birthday old timer. :cheers:

Happy 21st you old fart! White russians you say...that ought to be fun coming out your nose 'bout 3 AM :willy: Be safe and again, happy birthday old timer. :cheers:

LOL thanks! but I will not be seeing 3AM. Have to get up and make it to work in the morning :willy:

Mailed off taxes, went to the bank and enjoyed the awesome weather. I also contemplated de-winterizing my jetski sense its going to be 70 degrees out next week

i also met up with Anothony Onorato (his SN) we were supposed to polish his mustang and practice our flex skills but we ended up talking the whole time, maybe next time :lolsmack:

:help: Sounds like you need a new tax person.

no, i filed my W4 wrong. didn't realize you have to withhold an additional amount for dual income/multiple jobs, especially when combined it throws you into the next tax bracket :willy:

there's nothing special about our situation, we don't own a home, no kids, don't own a business, just 2 people working normal jobs on salary. our income exceeded the deduction for student loan interest, and pretty much any other deduction available to us. most interesting part was some stocks i sold, and deducting moving expenses!!!

next year it should be zero, i hope! :xfingers:

Changed the heater core in my dd. started at 8:30 and didn't finish until 12:30. Had to pull entire dash. Went ahead and changed front brake pads and did an oil change as well. Man am I beat. Next project is putting a new clutch in the dd.

Went to see my car at the body shop almost done. Saw them repainting rear bumper and just finishing some sanding on new quarter panel. Should be done on tuesday fingers crossed I miss my Magnum and she misses me. She also misses her Adams products. No name yet but I am working on it!