Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Well I will just post in here a little update of what I did this weekend (I know its a day late)

Removed all the carpeting in my house, and laid new flooring

Picture of Carpeting Before with a little bonus picutre of the puppies

ResizedImage_1366915277240_zps0e082247.j

Too bad these hardwoods also full of holes, rot and have large sections missing, because they would be nice to refinish. 

IMG_20130526_122816_253_zpsd1c12c71.jpg

IMG_20130526_122822_900_zpsbd8279cc.jpg

New Flooring

IMG_20130527_150358_681_zps52863f5e.jpg

IMG_20130527_150320_545_zps47598f53.jpg

IMG_20130527_150340_756_zpsb0d6ee0b.jpg

Just have to finish the drywall patching, Paint, Install baseboards, and new trim around windows, then I will finish the floor in the Halway, and Bedroom and my House will be almost complete inside. 

Just got to hear the tornado sirens working. Storm is well to our south and moving away.

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL832 PM CDT TUE MAY 28 2013ILC063-197-290200-/O.CON.KLOT.TO.W.0004.000000T0000Z-130529T0200Z/WILL IL-GRUNDY IL-832 PM CDT TUE MAY 28 2013...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR EAST CENTRAL GRUNDY ANDWEST CENTRAL WILL COUNTIES UNTIL 900 PM CDT...AT 830 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADOWAS LOCATED NEAR COAL CITY...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH.HAZARD...DEVELOPING TORNADO.SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.IMPACT...MOBILE HOMES WILL BE HEAVILY DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.         SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL         OCCUR. FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DEADLY TO PEOPLE AND ANIMALS.         EXTENSIVE TREE DAMAGE IS LIKELY.LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...CHANNAHON AND ELWOOD.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...TAKE COVER NOW. MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF ASTURDY BUILDING. AVOID WINDOWS. IF IN A MOBILE HOME...A VEHICLE OROUTDOORS...MOVE TO THE CLOSEST SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER AND PROTECTYOURSELF FROM FLYING DEBRIS.HEAVY RAINFALL MAY HIDE THIS TORNADO. DO NOT WAIT TO SEE OR HEAR THETORNADO. TAKE COVER NOW.TORNADOES ARE DIFFICULT TO SEE AND CONFIRM AT NIGHT. TAKE COVER NOW.TORNADO...RADAR INDICATEDHAIL...0.00IN
Edited by sportredmistress

Not today but yesterday i cleaned the car and slapped a new silver die cut sticker on the back window for a cleaner look. Still figuring the forums layout out. Hadn't been on in a while since the forum doesn't work on tapatalk. 

Hadn't disappeared yet! LOL 

Just about finished with our HUGE landscaping project. Not one bed in this yard went untouched. The big add was the backyard berm and patio.

The video shows the reason for the berm. Between the berm in back and our fence, we dug down 2 feet and filled it with rock to allow adequate drainage. You can see it dumps out onto the sidewalk and runs down until it gets out to the street. We composted part of the back yard and over seeded due to the damage to the lawn by all the equipment, and the HORRIBLE rain yesterday washed some of it away. I guess we'll have to do some of it over again. Just a few more plants, and we're done!

post-19-0-23006900-1370002408_thumb.jpg

trim.PkIr9o.MOV

our pool is slowly nearing completion! they are working today to finish all the stone and tile for the spa, and plan to do plaster tomorrow. once that is done we start filling it, and PB said equipment will be installed Monday, then final color and sealer go on the deck at the very end.

we will be out test driving a new Acadia Denali and a used Escalade this afternoon for the wife. we pretty much narrowed it down to anything we can have serviced locally, which rules out the Audi, Infiniti, Volvo, BMW, and Acura. she's not a fan of the new Explorer's and the Mercedes is out of our price range with little to no used ones available. its difficult finding the right 7 seater luxury SUV, especially used ones!!! if she doesn't make a decision this weekend, we will be traveling to Houston next weekend and may have better luck there.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

I washed and waxed the neighbor's giant Tundra. The skies opened up as I was finishing the wax stage. All I had left was the driver's side roof so as soon as it let up I sprinted out there with the step ladder, Great White Drying towel and a competitor's wax. Bam!  Done and driven back next door just in time for downpour 2.0. While wonderful neighbor and I hung out in the garage we lined up detailing his wife's black Highlander. I've done this vehicle before and look forward to doing it again.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/10037-highlander-there-can-be-only-one/?p=140480

We're done!! Now time to enjoy and let the plants grow up some and my lawn to heal.  We need them to get larger so we can sit there and NOT see the neighbor.  To say we don't get a long is being polite.  I got lucky and got mean neighbors who think everyone is out to get them.   <_<

post-19-0-66219100-1370271832_thumb.jpg

Watching some DTM action during lunch today. This has to be up there with my all time favorite racing to watch. Give me the chance to suit up and go ahead and throw me in there! :burnout:

Here's a clip of some awesome action. I can watch this piece over and over blasting the volume and enjoying the sound of these cars.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/amazing-on-board-video-from-last-weekends-dtm-race-511305012?autoplay=1

If you want to watch the entire coverage from last weekend (like myself) then here ya go...

Edited by JBlack151

Helped clean the house. Wanting to detail the interiors of the van and car today, but I think harborfest is going to get our time instead today. Nothing wrong with that one though! In-laws are visiting tomorrow so I should have some time then.