Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Wondered over to the Norfolk Naval Base and saw some cool stuff.  Including 3 AirCraft Carriers and the USS Cole.  Pretty neat to see that stuff in person for those like myself that live in a land locked state.  Oh, and 2 submarines.  One of which was German.

I worked in the lab this afternoon doing final inspection. The younger or newer employees were shocked I knew what I was doing. While it was a great change of pace from Customer Service I'd hate to do it on a daily basis. I tip my hat to the final inspectors of the world. When I got home my new 36 oz bottle of Adam's Kangaroo Kleener was on the porch waiting for me, thank you Dylan! :thumbsup:

Cut my grass last night...  HOT AND HUMID!!!  Sweat doesn't evaporate, it just rolls down my face...   On a side note, my yard looks AMAZING!!!  Holy lush green grass batman!  Sure, my yard owns me, but at least it isn't dead like all the others...  :) 

Pulled the '55 out for more quality time. Washed the wheels once more to ensure there wasn't any residual Metal Polish still on there. After that, I washed the engine. Then, with a little help from my youngest, did a strip-wash. Once the car was dried, I applied Brilliant Glaze to the wheels and newly polished radiator. Lastly, I dressed the engine and tires with some regular VRT, as longevity isn't a concern on this car. Now she is sitting in the garage waiting for clay and polishing!

Cut my grass last night...  HOT AND HUMID!!!  Sweat doesn't evaporate, it just rolls down my face...   On a side note, my yard looks AMAZING!!!  Holy lush green grass batman!  Sure, my yard owns me, but at least it isn't dead like all the others...   :)

that was me the other night

that was me the other night

Yeah and today's hotter yet, and I "have" to go install my muffler on the RAM at a buddies.  At least I have A/C in my garage.  He's got a hoist though so I guess it's even...  lol 

Cut my grass last night...  HOT AND HUMID!!!  Sweat doesn't evaporate, it just rolls down my face...   On a side note, my yard looks AMAZING!!!  Holy lush green grass batman!  Sure, my yard owns me, but at least it isn't dead like all the others...  :)

This is what I hate about moving, mowing grass. I have to buy a freaking lawn mower. The good news it CO Springs is in a drought

This is what I hate about moving, mowing grass. I have to buy a freaking lawn mower. The good news it CO Springs is in a drought

Cry me a river!  

Why the HECK are you moving?  Listening to you it sounds like all negatives.  

^^ I'm being sarcastic. I complain about everything even the good. I've got the typical youngest child syndrome. We're moving because my wifes career choice is being transfered. All in all, its the best decision for my family and I.

Went grocery shopping this AM, brought in a bag of deposit cans and bottles. Took the pups for a walk on the trails, helped neighbor set a pileing for his retainer wall. Next had a cookout and went cycling through the woods. Getting ready to jump in the pool, hot as anything here too. Watch some TV and lights out.

Hmmm, do this everyday, don't work anymore.

Drove to Fairfax, and went to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.  Some pretty cool planes in there.  Got to see an SR-71 in person.  My kid thought that was pretty cool.  Got him some cool pictures and maybe get one framed along with the autograph he already has from a gentleman that he got to meet a while back that flew them.  

Seeing the Space Shuttle Discovery in person was pretty cool too.

Drove home in a downpour, 0.80 inch in about 30 minutes. I realized Glass Sealant has a useful life just like all products. I'll clay and reapply after the sun goes down. It's like a sauna out there right now.

EDIT: Dang chubby fingers...

post-1747-0-21498900-1374191931_thumb.jpg

Edited by sportredmistress

Washed the G8, blew her dry then Detail Spray wipe down. She's in the garage all neat and clean. Tomorrow after I get home from the office that thing is getting an interior detail. I'm sad to say I'm embarrassed at the state it's in. :eek:

Survived the last of this heat giving some estimates for upcoming details and had my new Magnaflow exhaust installed. Going to throw some steaks in the grille with a few cold ones.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and make it up to a show and say hello to a fellow Shine Freak you all know as GerryC.

Finally made it home 3 hours later than was supposed to.  Bags got lost and should show up sometime today.  I have 2 cars and a truck to wash today.  Already looking forward to vacation next month and not having to do anything.  

I decided against fishing this morning and instead did dishes, ran a couple loads of laundry, went and gassed up the G8 and stopped to look at its likely replacement. On the way back the DuPage River called out to me so I wet my line for a half hour or so then home to coffee and breakfast. I joined my wife and children and went grocery shopping. Presently sitting on the deck enjoying this beautiful summer weather. The G8 interior is next on the agenda since my wife offered to vacuum it out for me. Yes, I hate vacuuming the most of anything car detailing related. In the house it's a different story; Dyson and I have a love affair going on.