Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Replaced shingles on the roof and cleaned up the yard from a big windstorm last night.  40-50 MPH winds with gusts recorded at 70 MPH.  Two people killed by falling trees.  About 380,000 customers lost power, some may be out for 3-5 days. Power was out at my house for 24 hours.  Schools and Universities all closed.

My parents live nearby, and have a whole-house generator, so of course their utility power was out for a total of ten minutes. 

Sounds like you and your family came thru the storm safely.  Windstorms and Hail are what gets most roofs (ask any roofer).   I have been thinking about a whole house generator here lately due to all this EPA wanting to stop power generation with coal over the next couple of years.  I talked to the local propane company and was satisfied with the price they quoted me for turn key job.

Power still out in large areas of city. Putting some heat in my in-law's house to keep the pipes from freezing. Low of 22F tonight. They are staying in a hotel until power is back on so carbon monoxide from the propane heaters is not an issue.

20151120_184638.jpg

Changed the oil on the 2009 Ford Focus.

Changed the oil, rotated the tires, and sprayed the entire underside of the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Fluid Film

Installed Green Hinge garage door hinges to get my garage door to close tighter and produce less noise on the rails. (They are AWESOME!!)

Winterized all my John Deere lawn equipment.

Got the John Deere snowblower ready to go for the snow storm.

Currently sitting back, relaxing, and now watching the snow fly.

Power still out in large areas of city. Putting some heat in my in-law's house to keep the pipes from freezing. Low of 22F tonight. They are staying in a hotel until power is back on so carbon monoxide from the propane heaters is not an issue.

Dan noticed the radiator do your in laws use this type?  If power is off some during the winter it would be easy to wire in a generator to run the system. 

Dan noticed the radiator do your in laws use this type? If power is off some during the winter it would be easy to wire in a generator to run the system.

I was just researching this for my house. Looking at a pair of inverter generators to run in parallel with a manual transfer switch. It would be enought to run my fridge, gas furnace and gas tankless water heater. 240V 30A, 3200W continuous and 4000W peak.

Dan,  Just look at whole household auto transfer (what I am looking at now to do for my parents). 

If you really do not have alot of power outages what you said will work fine.   Few years ago Honda had the quietest one on the market.  Currently mine is a Troy Built (flip the main breaker, roll out the unit, hookup the cables and I am back).   This one carries two side by side refrigerator freezers, two deep freezers, lights, satellite receiver, and tvs. One suggestion is to have the electrician put plug so you do not have to run those cords under garage doors to get to your panel. 

Have to say my area is lucky that we do not have alot of storms and power outages. 

Trunk on this tree is about 30 inches, root ball is 10 feet tall.

attachicon.gif20151120_191338.jpg

That's a pretty extreme way of cleaning up your fall leaves, is it hard to push the tree back up after you've removed all the leaves? Lol

I took the Firebird out and gave her wash! The weeks weather is supposed to be good, so the Jeep is spending the week outside!

Drove the Dart in the snow for the first time ever. Far better than my G8 GT was in the snow. My only complaint was pulling away from a stop. The torque just overpowers the drive wheel even when I eased into the gas. The ContiProContact tires are very good all season tires but I think it's winter tire time. Once I got rolling the car tracked very well, was sure footed and seemed to ignore the crown of the snow ruts. The Dart is sitting in the heated garage right now dripping salty water everywhere.

Whatever I want to. May walk to the top of the mountain before the sun sets too. Feel bad for all those that are working today, and not home with their family. IMO, more business' need the attitude in the picture below.

post-706-0-65525000-1448661579_thumb.png

Made it to the top of the mountain by the house before dark.

post-706-0-50866200-1448677670_thumb.jpeg

#optoutside

Edited by LFairbanks

I agree Chris, always like to see some stores that actually care about their employees and not be driven by the greed. B & H Photo is another. 

Thursday I over ate and was very thankful I could, and friday I started the winter prep on the truck, but not getting the rest for a bit....

post-13016-0-23680700-1448718488_thumb.jpg

Edited by pirahnah3

I agree Chris, always like to see some stores that actually care about their employees and not be driven by the greed. B & H Photo is another. 

Thursday I over ate and was very thankful I could, and friday I started the winter prep on the truck, but not getting the rest for a bit....

Nice truck Jim to bad it's a ford :P