Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

We had our hardwood flooring company owner neighbor come by and measure the ground floor for new flooring. While he was here we also decided to make the stairway go from ugly contractor grade carpet to beautiful oak stairway. I cleaned the mailbox and hit it up with some SVRT. Did a load of car towels, unloaded, loaded the dishwasher. Went grocery shopping with the family and I also found time to Rinseless Wash the ATS4. So much for a day of rest on a day off!

Edited by Captain Slow

We had our hardwood flooring company owner neighbor come by and measure the ground floor for new flooring. While he was here we also decided to make the stairway go from ugly contractor grade carpet to beautiful oak stairway. I cleaned the mailbox and hit it up with some SVRT. Did a load of car towels, unloaded, loaded the dishwasher. Went grocery shopping with the family and I also found time to Rinseless Wash the ATS4. So much for a day of rest on a day off!

I thought you and the wife were looking for a new pad not too long ago?

Yesterday I got up and washed my truck because I am leaving for vacation and it will get to sit in the garage for a week and I will return to a nice clean car. I also wanted to test out my new foam gun and  Master Blaster Revolution. I hadn't been a fan of washing at home because I like using a pressure washer and hate dragging it out from the shed and setting it up. So I have been going to the coin op (mine takes debit cards) and using their water and taking my buckets and hand washing in the bay. I was tired of feeling guilty for doing this while people waited. I always left the time run so I wasn't ripping off the owner of the car wash but I still felt bad and usually tried to rush through my wash. But my first wash at home went very well. I was able to spend extra time doing the wheels and wheel wells first. I then used foam gun which worked great and washed the truck. Used the MB after rinsing and I can't believe I have been detailing for so long with out one. I know have 6 GW drying towels that are going to be collecting dust as well as my Sidekick. 

After the wash I used tire shine on the tires and VRT on the plastic trim. Then I followed that up with a coat of Brilliant Glaze. I used my new Cycle 2 weeks ago but didn't have time after putting sealant to use brilliant glaze. Then I decided it was time to pull my wheels off and clean the barrels and seal them. I have had a can of quick sealant for a while that I haven't used so I used that on both sides of the wheels and put them back on. 

Woke up this morning and hit the truck with detail spray to get ready for a coat of americana. I have had this for about 3 months and wanted to try it. This stuff was super easy to use. I haven't had time to get the truck out in the sun as my 3 yr old wanted me to come in and play with him so no pics.

I thought you and the wife were looking for a new pad not too long ago?

We were. We dinged that idea. This place is paid for and at 52 I didn't like the idea of even a 10 year mortgage. We also love all but one of our neighbors so we will stay...for now.

Window replacement guy came this morning to measure windows on the front and west side of the house. All other windows were replaced last year. His company did great work. When they left they had broom swept inside the house and raked up any debris outside. Windows were cleaned and had I not known it I would not have been able to tell they'd been here besides the new windows.

We also figure if and when we do sell we'd do better with hardwood floors throughout, newer windows and a man cave garage.

Booboo van about to get washed.

Edited by Captain Slow

Booboo van got a two bucket wash, Detail Spray and blow dry. H2O Guard & Gloss applied by dry method.

This evening the next door neighbors came over for burgers and dogs on the grill. It was nice to eat out on the deck followed by conversation until the sunset and it got chilly. Gentleman neighbor and I had our Maker's Mark 46 adult beverages. My bottle is only for the two of us to use together. I also have a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel ready to go after the Maker's Mark is finished. I'm really looking forward to that since I've yet to have the Single Barrel. I'm talking bourbon here for those that might not know.

Edited by Captain Slow

Ever since I leveled my truck and put on the aftermarket wheels and tires I have only been able to turn less than one rotation of the steering wheel to the left before the tire began rubbing which takes some serious route planning when driving a vehicle as long as mine.  So I have been researching what is needed to clear the setup and putting together a list.  Finally pulled the trigger on:

• Carli Adjustable Track Bar
  • Carli Control Arms
  • MAXXLinks Heavy Duty Sway Bar End Links
  • Hell Bent Steel Steering Box Brace
  • Hell Bent Steel Dual Shock Steering Stabilizer
  • Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks

Soon my truck will ride and handle better than factory and clear the tires that I chose :D

Started the day by changing in the oil in my Ram (Cummins) three gallons of oil wait.   Then moved on to the fuel filter change.  Washed the roto tiller for the garden (had to fix it so I could use it for the season).  Washed the truck (Ram) which it was well needed (white does not show dirt bad but once it is washed it shines).   Now going to review some taxes (mine and my parents returns) and maybe watch movie after all that.

Believe I've finally finished taking my motor and engine bay from this:

7193586388_33f1b22e93_bresize.jpg

To this:

IMG_7383resize_zpsszn4kxwf.jpg

I've actually called my insurance company today to put her back on full coverage. She's to the point now I can drive her without the fear of blowing up from a fuel leak or being stranded along the side of the road from a vent being placed on the wrong side of the MAF sensor misting it down with oil.

Winter mods always let me know how unrealistic automotive "reality" build shows are when they talk about a close up deadline to finish a complete build! I started this and a few other upgrades back in early January. Granted I don't have a fully equipped garage and skilled employees, but just getting the needed parts took longer than some of those shows state as their build time.

Saturday we bid adieu to the Booboo van. Mama replaced it with a 2016 Dodge Durango R/T, loaded. We spent Saturday evening doing the dealer prep, wash, clay and wax. I also polished out some dealer installed nasties. Glass got sealed and carpets scotch guarded, if that's a word. Thinking strongly about a paint coating since The Beast is so darn big.

4CC5F8FB-028A-4F2E-A55B-A70AE849D6B2_zps

Congrats on the new ride! I have gone for a "fun" ride in my friends R/T and yeah its like riding in your lazy boy with a big block for fun. I dont think you would need to go too crazy with a sealant, while large it should be fairly easy to maintain if you get it good before too long and just keep it that way.