Customer Service 866.965.0400

Garage pictures.

wcmclellan

shock.jpg

So that's what you told your wife! Great, another one wants to bump me off! :lolsmack:

:lolsmack::lolsmack:

I knew it had to be mostly your fault. :jester:

OK...I am ashamed at how our garage looks right now but it is actually only suppose to have 2 cars in it. :help::willy::help:

I keep the cars clean the least my husband could do is keep the cabinets and work bench clean. :(

DSC00022.jpg

Hi All,

My first post, I just joined the forum, though I have been using Adam's products for years and years now.

This is my little one car garage that is right next to my little one bedroom rental. The owner of the property asked if I'd do all the other garages for him the first time he saw it. Nope, not gonna happen.

SMSTEVE

Thanks for the comment Junkman!

$700? Wow, ya I remember paying only $600 in 1989 for a one bedroom (no garage) somewhat close to where I am now. Currently in 2010 dollars I am ashamed to admit it, but the rent for this tiny place is $1,485 a month, including only water. Add about $400 more for Direct TV, gas, electric and phone/dsl. Holy crap, what am I doing here? :help::help:

It's got a backyard for the dogs though, and a garage for me, and is only 7/10th of a mile from where I work (a rarity in commuter happy SoCal) so it is what it is unfortunately.

A big problem, finding money for a down payment on another house (X-wife has the first house) is just so darn hard at this time in my life. Guess I could dump the bike, cut back on everything I enjoy, scrimp and save and then have a house and nothing else. Guess I'll just deal with it.

TMI, I'm sure...

Dude, I know your pain! In SoCal, the poor stay poor and rich get busted for white collar crimes! Your housing situation was a determining factor for why I left. I could pay my rent for 4 months on what you pay! You can't beat the weather or the women in SoCal but, it's a young man's paradise. At least it use to be!

I still like those diggs!

Nothing fancy but a decent work area. My Truck and wifes car easly fit in here and still plenty of working room. Use to be almost twice as big, but added a second den and a utlity room.

IMG_4257.jpg?t=1269610971

IMG_4258.jpg?t=1269611008

Picture with my gas saver in the garage (normally stays outside but having to change window motor) The Olds 141,000 miles and still running!

IMG_4259.jpg?t=1269611042

IMG_4260.jpg?t=1269611159

IMG_4261.jpg?t=1269611258

• 3 weeks later...

Think that I have posted these elsewhere, but here's the "shop'

DSC_1271.jpg

DSC_1268.jpg

DSC_1270.jpg

DSC_1269.jpg

Here's the garage...not too big, just enough for three vehicles (creative use of space)

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-23.jpg

Some cabinets I built and the 'decorations' for them.

Corvetteemblems003.jpg

Edited by Toms94

Nice wood shop Tom! And nice garage!:2thumbs:

I have my BendPak lift on order!:rockon:

Do you have to take your ramps on and off every time? How deep and wide is your garage?

The garage is a little over 22' deep front to door and about 21' wide, with a ceiling height of 10'1" -10'3" (front to door). Do I have to take the ramps off......No I have enough room to leave them on. But I do rake them off, because it's not that big of a deal, especially since I bought the aluminum ramps. They weigh about half what the steel ramps weigh. AJ, I'm glad that I could 'entertain' you. :lol:

Man. that's a serious wood shop. Table saw, jointer, thickness planer, chop saw, radial arm saw, sanding wheel and full sawdust vacuum system.......... did I miss anything? :bow:

Edit, I did miss something! The drill press. I have some buds who would very jealous, or else you would never get them out of there....LOL

There's also the 3/4" spindle shaper next to the planer. I also have an 11 x 36 lathe over in the corner and a 14" bandsaw which I don't think shows in the pictures. Thanks, yes it is a serious wood shop, just wish it was bigger :D. I teach woodworking in a high school (at least through the end of this year, I am retiring after 31 years) and do custom cabinetry as a side. After retirement I plan to augment my retirement by working in the shop.

Edit...I just noticed that one of my pictures got dupped, I went back and changed it out. You can see the bandsaw back there and the lathe is behind the walk-in door.

Edited by Toms94