Customer Service 866.965.0400

It begins - GT40

Guest Luke Warmwater

Guest Luke Warmwater

Picked up the roller yesterday morning. Looking for an enclosed trailer to transport it back to NC and Olthoff Racing for the Roush 427 install. I have a few ideas on what I want it to look and sound like as posted in another thread. I'll post here as it comes to life and evolves into my dream car. It's going to be knarly :burnout:

2011070900.jpg

Where on earth do you find a GT40 roller!?

And how much money do you have that a $150,000 car is you project?

Sub'd

What he said! You hiring in about 4 years? Hahaha

Guest Luke Warmwater

I hope not $150k! It's a Superformance Mk I and the rollers can be had in the $80k range. They're pretty scarce these days but there are a few out there. I am more than stoked to get it completed after selling the Ford GT. I should have never sold that car lol. At least $150k to get into a nice example of those now days. They are going nowhere but up. I don't think the SPF will appreciate like the GTs are but they should hold their value well if well cared for. I posted this before but here is what it looks like now and what I expect it to look like when it's complete.

Current:

gt40_s.jpg

When complete:

gt40_b.jpg

Guest Luke Warmwater

It was the easiest to Photoshop on I guess lol. I have not studied racing history enough to know what many of the period correct racing numbers should be but I guess the #18 Filipinetti is the one that might be most appropriate.

Guest Luke Warmwater
Mike, you are a classic!!!
If you mean classic in the sense of someone who screws up a lot then you're probably correct lol. We need to hit Pizza De Lupo again... my treat this time!

Did not realize you had parted ways with the GT. Always loved that car. Hopefully you can mod this one to fill that void in a proper manner.

Refresh my memory. In the garage pictures there are two flags on the wall. Ferrari I know, but is the other De Tomaso?

Guest Luke Warmwater

Probably the antithesis of a sleeper lol. Went and looked at an enclosed trailer tonight by a private seller. It was an awesome trailer looking trailer in and out. Then we hooked it up and went for a drive. Not nearly enough tongue weight and the things weaved around really bad. Next. Then tried to run back to a big dealer in Denver to have most likely have pulled the trigger on a new one. We got there 3 minutes after closing and I kid you not they would not stick around for 15 minutes to sell me the trailer I had already looked at over the weekend. Trailer Source Inc in Denver... your customer service stinks and you just lost about $10k in business because you wouldn't spend an extra 15 minutes after closing time to sell me a trailer. The search continues...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Luke Warmwater

Thanks! I found a nice enclosed car hauler and will be heading out to NC and Olthoff Racing this weekend. I hope it cools down a little back there soon! Can't wait to have it completed and ready to drive. It's going to be knarly :)

Archived