Customer Service 866.965.0400

HELP! Accidently dyed my MFs!

Vincenzo

Question

So I was washing my towels tonight, but let me start off with telling you how I typically go about this. I wash them in the washer with a generic, non-scented non-fabric softener soap and some APC on a mild setting. I always separate my double/single softs and my drying towels and do those first, and then do my old walmart brand MFs along with some other various things. Well last week I got some of those black towels in a daily special and just got around to washing them, and here is where the problem starts. I had them in a pile with my walmart MFs, or so I thought. One managed to sneak into my single/double/drying towel pile, and when I washed them, all of the towels came out a splotchy gray! I just threw them back in the washer for another round without the black towels, but I don't think it is helping too much. Is there some kind of dye remover I could use on them? I know bleach is out of the question, but what about that stuff from RIT? Any help is appreciated.

16 answers to this question

Ok, so no cats or underwear in the microwave. I got it. But I can still put silverware and other metal stuff in there to dry off, right?

Yeah, I guess I'll just keep them as is for now. They don't look awful, just kind of dirty all the time.

yeah i use some huge walmart MFT that are similar to a big double soft which are blue to wipe down the truck after a wash and its made all my other towels blue haha.

not the worst thing though, my dad told me today that my mom said she found some detail towels and threw them in with regular towels...with fabric softener...and dryer sheets:eek:!

I feel your pain man. They might not affect the towels as far as how they work, but who enjoys blue, pink, etc. towels that are supposed to be white? Not me. That would drive me nuts. Especially on towels that are $$$. Let me know if you figuire anthing out that works.

yeah i use some huge walmart MFT that are similar to a big double soft which are blue to wipe down the truck after a wash and its made all my other towels blue haha.

not the worst thing though, my dad told me today that my mom said she found some detail towels and threw them in with regular towels...with fabric softener...and dryer sheets:eek:!

Archived