Customer Service 866.965.0400

R.I.P Steve Jobs

3PedalMINI

Wow, and the day after the iphone event yesterday too. The very item that he envisioned and put apple on the map (big time)

The tech world has lost a true visionary. Sadly, he was the man behind many of the products we use & love today and i dont think we will see that many visionary things coming out of apple

Apple

Apple Says Founder Steve Jobs Is Dead | Fox News

Something I will always will remember him by is not Apple, it's not inventing the home computer its this.....

"Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

We make tools for these kinds of people.

While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

-Steven P. Jobs

WOW... that is sad news.

One thing I always thought was neat about his approach was that he cared about the aesthetics and user experience of devices just as much as the devices themselves. Pre-iPod/iPhone artful design and how it fit into your life was an afterthought with most stuff. Devices were task driven... now a days its one of the first thoughts is the look... how will this phone, computer, tablet, mp3 player LOOK in your day to day life? How will it be to interact with?

As simple as an idea as it is, its one that didn't exist before his last decade+ with apple.

Its hard to imagine that our lives would be so tied in with our electronics as they are now if it hadn't been for apple (lead by Steve Jobs) and the way they made things fit our lives rather than having to make our lives fit things.

This is a huge loss! Steve Jobs in my mind will be remembered like Thomas Edison is. Quite a legacy he will leave beind. I hope he dreamed up some other new innovative items at apple that have yet to be released!

RIP Steve.

I for one am a true lover of him and his work. He invented more things than a lot of people know.

I heard a quote on CNN this AM that said he did for the technology industry, what John Lennon did for the music industry. Couldn't agree more.

He was a TRUE visionary, and I for one will miss him. His love for Apple and technology as a whole, was evident when ever he spoke. He loved what he did till the day he passed over to the other side.

Condolences can be left at: rememberingsteve@apple.com

Chris

I don't normally agree with our president, but about Jobs he said, "And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented." I learned via a bunch of Facebook posts about the death while on my iMac, so at least in my case it's a true statement.

I don't normally agree with our president, but about Jobs he said, "And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented." I learned via a bunch of Facebook posts about the death while on my iMac, so at least in my case it's a true statement.

I agree with you on the Obama quote...

Yep! I was at the inlaws and my buddy text messaged me on my iPhone!

I sent my condolences. Let us not forget his family as well...

Wow... He was really a great man. :(

It is very sad.. I learned about it on FB as well, although on my Blackberry.. I've been waiting for the iPhone w/ 4G, but I've been waiting long enough, I'll be picking up the 4S..

RIP Steve Jobs

As an Apple owner I honor Mr. Job's contribution to technology, and tip my hat to his ability to acquire talent and technology to forge a stable of interesting products, and his ability to market these devices to a broadening customer base.

My own experience with Apple products and services leave MUCH to be desired, and I continue to hope Apple can improve on how they market, release and support their products.

I wish Steve's family heartfelt condolences as they deal with the loss of their father and husband.

Archived