Customer Service 866.965.0400

Here kitty

Guest Luke Warmwater

Nice! haha, that's one pretty cat though, don't see cats that big around here.

Actually we have them in Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan.

DNR - General Cougar Questions

MICHIGAN CITIZENS COUGAR RECOGNITION

Roaming cougar spotted in Jackson County

Look at the size of this one in Minnesota, yikes!

Is Minnesota becoming cougar country? | StarTribune.com

Also:

Two recent sightings of a large, cat-like animal have caught the attention of police officers in Henry.

The Henry Police Department is investigating the reports, both of which came from a residential area on the north edge of town.

“We’ve had a couple sightings of a cat or a large animal that appeared to be a cat anyway,” said Jay Young, chief of police in Henry. “The conservation people in the Department of Natural Resources are not confirming what we’ve seen so far nor are we confirming it.

“The thing that bothers me about it is the people reporting it are very credible. These are people you have to put some credence in what they are seeing.”

Young said the first report was two weeks ago and the second came Tuesday evening. One sighting was in an alley off the 1000 to 1100 block of Edward Street and came from a police officer who asked not to be named.

In the wake of those reports, officers searched unsuccessfully for evidence of a large cat.

“We combed that area the other day and looked at ground that did not have vegetation and we did not see tracks of any kind,” Young said.

Sightings of cougars, also known as mountain lions, have increased in Illinois and nationwide over the past decade.

That includes Tazewell County, where two big-cat encounters were reported in May near Caterpillar Inc.‘s 2,550-acre Peoria Proving Grounds.

Illinois’ last verified wild cougar was a 122-pound male shot April 14, 2008, in an alley in Roscoe Village, a north-side Chicago neighborhood. That cat wandered an estimated 950 miles from South Dakota. Cougars have previously been found dead in 2004 in Mercer County and in 2000 in Randolph County. Prior to that the last recorded cougar was from 1862 in Alexander County.

Guest Luke Warmwater

Why would anyone want to take it's life? Stay living where you are now where you have no wildlife left because you shot everything and don't come to the Colorado high country where seeing bears and even big cats is a fairly regular experience.

Actually we have them in Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan.

DNR - General Cougar Questions

MICHIGAN CITIZENS COUGAR RECOGNITION

Roaming cougar spotted in Jackson County

Look at the size of this one in Minnesota, yikes!

Is Minnesota becoming cougar country? | StarTribune.com

Also:

Two recent sightings of a large, cat-like animal have caught the attention of police officers in Henry.

The Henry Police Department is investigating the reports, both of which came from a residential area on the north edge of town.

“We’ve had a couple sightings of a cat or a large animal that appeared to be a cat anyway,” said Jay Young, chief of police in Henry. “The conservation people in the Department of Natural Resources are not confirming what we’ve seen so far nor are we confirming it.

“The thing that bothers me about it is the people reporting it are very credible. These are people you have to put some credence in what they are seeing.”

Young said the first report was two weeks ago and the second came Tuesday evening. One sighting was in an alley off the 1000 to 1100 block of Edward Street and came from a police officer who asked not to be named.

In the wake of those reports, officers searched unsuccessfully for evidence of a large cat.

“We combed that area the other day and looked at ground that did not have vegetation and we did not see tracks of any kind,” Young said.

Sightings of cougars, also known as mountain lions, have increased in Illinois and nationwide over the past decade.

That includes Tazewell County, where two big-cat encounters were reported in May near Caterpillar Inc.‘s 2,550-acre Peoria Proving Grounds.

Illinois’ last verified wild cougar was a 122-pound male shot April 14, 2008, in an alley in Roscoe Village, a north-side Chicago neighborhood. That cat wandered an estimated 950 miles from South Dakota. Cougars have previously been found dead in 2004 in Mercer County and in 2000 in Randolph County. Prior to that the last recorded cougar was from 1862 in Alexander County.

hahah ok lets just say there are no mountain cats by me haha. there are coyotes though, alot of those, every night.

Looks like a young one that was just out investigating. We have them in PA too, along with coyotes, fox, and just about anything else. I would only consider shooting it if it was a threat. But just passing through? Let it be.

Nice! haha, thats one pretty cat though, dont see cats that big around here.

Hey man i don't even go to MSU and I knew about the cougar up there either last year or the year before last! Just cruisin around campus... don't mind me

Shoot, Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn had a cougar on the campus a week or two ago!

Hey man i don't even go to MSU and I knew about the cougar up there either last year or the year before last! Just cruisin around campus... don't mind me

Shoot, Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn had a cougar on the campus a week or two ago!

transferred in this year so I guess I missed that : ) haha. I'm just saying in sure we done had as much as Colorado hah

Come on guys --- remember they were here first, so lets think twice before we reach for the S&W!! It will be a sad day if the only time you will ever see anything so magnificent is when and if you go the the Zoo. I save my bullets for the 2 legged low life who are the real threat to me and mine!!!

It was probably looking at you guys like... "mmmmm breakfast" lol.

Nah these are magestic kind creatures! :jester:

I'm reminded of that one guy who was making a documentary on grizzly bears and was convinced he was accepted by them... and then they ate him.

I think I'd try to spook that thing off my property if anything... if that wouldn't get rid of him... animal control?

Come on guys --- remember they were here first, so lets think twice before we reach for the S&W!! It will be a sad day if the only time you will ever see anything so magnificent is when and if you go the the Zoo. I save my bullets for the 2 legged low life who are the real threat to me and mine!!!

Right on, friend. I'm with you. :patriot:

That one looks really thin, esp for this time of year. He should be beefin up for the winter.

They are fairly common. There's actually 3 of them living next to Maple Grove Raceway in Reading PA.

My brother hunted one in CO two years ago. 1 week on horseback and 4wheelers. He ended up pinning the cat on a 1000ft cliff, repelled 150ft down and shot it with his bow point blank 3 times. He had to push the cat off him with the bow. The cat fell another 120ft and he had to repell down to get it, have it hoisted up, then hoist himself up. They are amazing animals, nice find!

eric%40thompsonracing-us-albums491-3350t.jpg

eric%40thompsonracing-us-albums491-3349t.jpg

That one looks really thin, esp for this time of year. He should be beefin up for the winter.

They are fairly common. There's actually 3 of them living next to Maple Grove Raceway in Reading PA.

My brother hunted one in CO two years ago. 1 week on horseback and 4wheelers. He ended up pinning the cat on a 1000ft cliff, repelled 150ft down and shot it with his bow point blank 3 times. He had to push the cat off him with the bow. The cat fell another 120ft and he had to repell down to get it, have it hoisted up, then hoist himself up. They are amazing animals, nice find!

eric%40thompsonracing-us-albums491-3350t.jpg

eric%40thompsonracing-us-albums491-3349t.jpg

Your brother must be MacGruber or something! :willy:

Archived