Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray Sealant

bnutz30

Question

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere recently that it can be applied to glass without a problem.

It may be more accurate to say there is no problem if it gets on the glass (In Dylan's words - 'optically clear'), but it is not really intended for glass.

I love the added protection for your bumper and grille..... for those bugs!

It is great for extra bug protection!

It will wipe right off the glass if you get overspray on it, but I wouldn't recommend applying it directly to the glass.. It will smear the glass when you use the wipers unlike the glass sealant. Been there tried this.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere recently that it can be applied to glass without a problem.

Maybe an Adam's crew member can chime in with this one.

PS: Apart from the convenience of a sealant in a can [what a brilliant idea!] I love the added protection for your bumper and grille..... for those bugs!

just to make sure... this product is designed to basically be a "quick and easy" version of the MSS. from Adam's video it almost seems like it could replace the MSS, or the detail spray, and the glass sealant, and wax altogether. I see and understand it should be applied to clean stripped clearcoat and can be topped much more quickly than the MSS but Adam made mention to if you were going on a trip apply to the front of the car for extra protection and to make bug removal easier, seems like it wouldn't hurt but help if you applied right over whatever protection you already had on the car..

is it only acceptable/useful/effective when used only in place of or stacked on the MSS?

try taping one side off before the BG, then pull the tape up and you will notice a line!

I did. I 50/50 any new product I try on the paint.

I'm currently running a test between different brands of carnuba, carnuba + carnuba vs sealant + carnuba, and then brilliant glaze vs no brilliant glaze on different parts of my car.

Again, I still can't tell a difference and I tried the brilliant glaze on bare clearcoat and also on top of Adam's MSS before applying the carnuba. No difference.

I'll take some pics tonight.

How does the new quick sealant do on glass? I'm wondering if it would be better than glass sealant?

It will wipe right off the glass if you get overspray on it, but I wouldn't recommend applying it directly to the glass.. It will smear the glass when you use the wipers unlike the glass sealant. Been there tried this.

Maybe an Adam's crew member can chime in with this one.

PS: Apart from the convenience of a sealant in a can [what a brilliant idea!] I love the added protection for your bumper and grille..... for those bugs!

It can be applied without issue.. But it does not work as well on the glass as the glass sealant does.

also, as mentioned in another thread, to minimize overspray you can spray the product directly onto the app and then spread from there. :2thumbs:

I think this would take away from the "quick" part of the application. Good option, though. :D My QS should be delivered on Friday. :rockon:

This is not a replacement to MSS.

This is a nice alternative choice for a sealant for someone who is a Hand Guy, or someone who really loves their Flex and doesn't wanna get the other machine out!

Bare paint is a must with this stuff! It is a sealant, so follow the rules of application.

There is a whole pallet to sell in the warehouse....STEP ON IT!

Mook

A sealant of any kind needs to be applied to bare paint. I'd choose either MSS OR QS as your base coat, then top with Americana after. I wouldn't put both types of sealants on the paint. JMO.

Agreed, you will not get the durability if you apply it over MSS. However, when preparing for a long road trip last month (end of love bug season) I was going to wax the grill and rearview mirrors. I used the QS instead. It went on fast, leveled quickly, and during the post-trip wash the bugs came off very easily.

What can be applied before and after the Quick Sealant? MSS, BG or APW?

A sealant of any kind needs to be applied to bare paint. I'd choose either MSS OR QS as your base coat, then top with Americana after. I wouldn't put both types of sealants on the paint. JMO.

What can be applied before and after the Quick Sealant? MSS, BG or APW?

As with any sealant, it works best on 'naked' paint (Dawn wash or IPA wipedown). But it works well as extra protection applied on top of MSS too. I applied it before a long road trip and the bugs came off very easily.

You do know you wipe the main residue off 30 minutes after applying MSS, right? You just don't add anything to it for 12-24, just in case a spot or two doesn't haze back up and need some more wipe...

Yea I know how it works but almost everyone wants the bg and Americana. I ordered some Quick Sealant today this stuff is going to be the trick for me

Archived