Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which "Soft" Towel Do You Prefer?

Double Soft or Single Soft Towels?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Double Soft or Single Soft Towels?

• Single Soft
    • Double Soft
    • Single & Double (Comment why both)

Double or Single Softs is the question. :)

I used to love the Double Soft towels and didn't think I'd like the Singles because they weren't as "beefy" but I got one for free and now I love the Singles more than the Doubles.

What do you guys think?

If you love both equally I'd love to know what and why you use both for.

Depends on what I am doing...for buffing off a wax or glaze, I go double...

removing polish residue or wiping while claying, I go single.

I tried to be logical in my use of the two types of towels... but really it comes down to how I feel that day and what car I might be working on. It really comes down to how much I want to be able to feel the car. When cleaning a fun car like the Vette, where I want to be able to feel the car more, it is single soft all the way! :banana:

If I am doing an SUV or plain sedan... then the double is just fine. :lolsmack:

Depends on what I am doing...for buffing off a wax or glaze, I go double...

removing polish residue or wiping while claying, I go single.

3rd that! :) after drying with a spray of DS will go back over with a single to touch up any missed spots streaks etc. Love em both.:D

Those Single Soft are the best towels I've ever used.

I love my [old] Big Blues with the black border but those singles have now become my vehicle towels. I now have taken the Big Blues inside the house and use them for all things inside.

I tried the Double Soft towels recently [borrowed a friend's prior to buying] and didn't like them at all.

Just my honest opinion.

Can't really comment as I haven't put my singles to use yet. I do like the double softs. I think I'm going to do what the majority do and use doubles for wax and glaze and singles for all of the polishes.

Or I may just use doubles for quick detailing and the singles for buffing off polishes, waxes, and glazes. I'll come back in the spring and let you know when I put the singles to use. Lol

Both... but not necessarily for functional reasons.

As I'm detailing I generally will end up with a few towels sitting on the hood, or near the cowl. I use singles for all my polish removal and doubles for LSP removal... that way if I set a towel down I don't have to try and figure out what towel I was using for what... the double is always the one I've used to remove my glaze or Americana and the singles were the ones used to remove polish residues.

Makes for an easy visual distinction.

I'm finding the results kind of odd....

I expected it to be pretty even on all 3 but it isn't....

What it looks like is that the majority LOVE the Single Soft, or they can't live without it. Not many people are just loving the Double. It's like you love the Single or have to have both.

That makes sense right?

Naw, I love them both.

I just have different purposes for each one. Honestly, I think the Blue towels are inferior. Way inferior. There is just something about the DoubleSoft. The more you use it, the more you understand why you are using it....does that make sense?

Archived