Customer Service 866.965.0400

MF towel drying debacle?

babaron

Question

18 answers to this question

Oh here I found this website

Vinegar Tips - Laundry

"Add about 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar to the last rinse. The acid in white distilled vinegar is too mild to harm fabrics, yet strong enough to dissolve the alkalies in soaps and detergents. Besides removing soap, white distilled vinegar prevents yellowing, acts as a fabric softener and static cling reducer, and attacks mold and mildew."

Fluff up wool or acrylic sweaters (hand- or machine-washed) and rid them of soap smell with 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar in the last rinse water.

Prevent lint from clinging to clothes by adding 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the wash cycle.

i always run my machine empty with no soap before washing my towels. then when the towels are in there i use tide free & gentle detergent, then i put some vinegar in the machine on the rinse cycle, and turn the machine on for a 2nd rinse once its done, to rinse any leftover vinegar out of the towels.

and i always air dry my towels. i have a low-tech washer/dryer in my apt, so i have no low heat/ air fluff option on my dryer

If your dryer has a choice for delicates/low temp you can run them in there. Ive been doing that for a while. I usually let them sit in there for 10-15min and then let them air dry the rest of the way.

I have never dried my mf towels. I always save the hangers from the kids clothes to hang up my towels. When you buy toddler pants the hangers are perfect size. Just tell them you want the hangers at the store sometimes they like to keep them

Sent from the iPhone 4S

The fabric softener coating in the dryer will gunk up your microfibers, I think cleaning it out beforehand is a wise move.

And the fabric softener does repel water - regular bath towels with that stuff in them don't dry me off as well as bath towels with no fabric softener.

I also keep a bottle of white distilled vinigar in the laundry room for my more sensitive fabrics. 2 capfuls to a full load in the washing machine. Personnaly (And I have absolutly no evidence to back this up) but it produces a cleaner wash, breaks down anything in the towels, and is not nearly as harsh a bleach.

Like others have said, your fine dude. The only thing that I would recommend you try, and this could me being really anal. But it's easy, and to me worth it. If you or your wife/girfriend/boyfriend use alot of dry sheets, I wipe out my drum before putting in the drying towels with IPA. It may be mind games, but I feel that after drying some towels, they almost become waterproof? And this seems to contribute. May be snake oil, but I use alot of dryer sheets and feel that some transfer may occur.

Do what Mook says. If you have a problem, try boiling one or two in a pot of water for about 10 minutes and let them air dry. Make sure sure thoroughly run them in cold water before you touch them. I cannot stress that enough. Then test them again with a blank CD or DVD. I don't think you will have a problem but it won't hurt to test them.

i may have dried my MFT's with the dryer on high heat. Is there a way to test them to tell whether or not they have been damaged/ruined and could scratch clearcoat?

Thanks!

CD test. Take a CD or DVD, flip it over, rub the towel along the disc. If you see scratches, grab a new towel.

I have yet to see a SingleSoft or DoubleSoft come out of my washing machine that would induce damage to paint, after I wash them.

Archived