Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Options...

egott_91

Well, I'm thinking about selling both the SS and truck this spring and getting a nice all year round daily driver that still has some power. I thought I would ask the forum what everyone thought. I'm open to suggestions.

So far I really like SRT8 Jeeps and TBSS's. What else do you guys recommend?

List of Qualifications:

Power (V8, turbo/supercharged 4 banger, or stout V6)

Comfortable

Reliable

Decent mileage (18+ highway)

Around $25k

Newer (2005+)

So what do you guys think? Need some more options to consider. Also thought about a 3 series BMW or Audi of some form, but they're so damn expensive to fix...

I prefer having two vehicles, one beater and one nice. That way I have something to drive in the rain snow and dirt and my "nice" car stays nice. Not to mention if something goes wrong with one car I always have another car rather than having to rent.

I can also see the argument for consolidating bills and having one car. I also like the jeep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 08 Impala SS with a V8, decent mileage, 303 hp. Runs good, good pick up, it'll go fast but definitely NOT sporty in looks. I can't drive anything 4 cylinder. Had one........ONE. Never again. V8 is the only way to go. :thumbsup:

I have an 08 Impala SS with a V8, decent mileage, 303 hp. Runs good, good pick up, it'll go fast but definitely NOT sporty in looks. I can't drive anything 4 cylinder. Had one........ONE. Never again. V8 is the only way to go. :thumbsup:

Rich, don't underestimate a 4 banger. They can be just as powerful and get better milage. I will agree with you to some extent; I will never purchase a naturally-aspirated 4 cyl ever again.

My Sky Redline is a 4 cyl. 2.0 liter, turbo. Current estimates are around 300 - 310 hp (just retuned and I have not dyno'ed it yet), I get 34 MPG, (25 MPG average), and it runs a 1/4 mile in under 14.00 seconds at over 1 mile in altitude.

I'm into more sporty things also. So 4Runner is a no go. I do like G8 GT's, that's high on the list. I would like AWD/4x4 but not absolutely necessary since my truck isn't and I drive that in all conditions. I would think a G8 GT would be at the top of my list. I definitely need something that is more practical, so like a miata and cars of that sort are out. Ha.

I wish there were more SRT8 jeeps around, I really like the looks of those. But I definitely like G8 GT's.

I think he wants a 4 door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. Both of my vehicles now are 2 doors with a pretty much useless back seat in both. Lol.

I did have a '02 Durango RT I liked, that's why I was thinking about going the TBSS'S or SRT 8 Jeep route. Fast, sound good, look good, and AWD making it good in the snow two. I'm just trying to get options of everything right now at the moment. I do like Audi S4's. Wish I could afford an Audi RS4 cause then the search would be one and done. Like I said though, as of now, top 3 right now are G8 GT, TBSS, and SRT8 Jeep. Keep the suggestions coming guys.

The G8 Is an awesome car, but If you want an AWD i think a nice S4 would be better but they are expensive to work on.

I would seriously recommend the TBSS. You would not be disappointed. Since you already have experience with LS engines you will fit right in to the TBSS. Easy to work on, fast, great in the snow, and damn sexy

Archived