Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pollen!

Jasssc

Question

Alright so after I finish detailing ( all pre-Adams products at this point) it looks good for about a day.

After that, if it is parked outside for anything longer than an hour, it will be absolutely covered in pollen. It makes the car look terrible. :help:

So my question is: why is my car such a pollen magnet? Will the use of Adams products cut down any of this?

Also, is pollen a waterless wash or two bucket wash kind of problem?

Thanks guys!

Why do you wash so frequently? Are you driving down dirt roads? And how do you find the time?!

I would never drive my car on a dirt road, i'm just way to OCD, I can never drive a car with any dirt or film of dust/pollen. I find time after work/class.

Jas,

I think that the average wash would be required to safely and completely remove the pollen. I would be concerned that anything less would lead to swirls. Me personally, I don't apply any "waterless washes", quick detailer, car covers, or "dusting" items to the car if there's pollen on it. It's a pain in the butt during this time of year....washing the car so frequently...but it's necessary unless you want that yellow tinge to your paint.

See ya on the road,

Matt

I think thats the best thing to do. Thanks!

The ca duster is just so tempting becau it's so fast, but I'll have to restrain myself

I bought a California Duster a couple of years ago....before I got into more advanced detailing. It worked great on a white Nissan Pathfinder that wasn't a show vehicle. But as soon as I discovered "swirls"...I realized that I needed to introduce my California Duster to the bottom shelf of my collection.

See ya on the road,

Matt

After three weeks of no washing... finally washed the pollen off today... sigh... the fire hose nozzle wasn't good enough today. After using the fire hose nozzle the paint still had pollen stuck to it and felt like sand paper. So after a few months of not using it I had to pull out the pressure washer to remove the caked on pollen before doing the 2 bucket wash.

Will be glad when the pollen lightens up in another month or two!! :confused:

After three weeks of no washing... finally washed the pollen off today... sigh... the fire hose nozzle wasn't good enough today. After using the fire hose nozzle the paint still had pollen stuck to it and felt like sand paper. So after a few months of not using it I had to pull out the pressure washer to remove the caked on pollen before doing the 2 bucket wash.

Will be glad when the pollen lightens up in another month or two!! :confused:

You and me both

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I wash my car 3-5 times a week year-round as it is... pollen just started here this week, looks like the car will keep its regular weekly wash regiment.

Pollen just gives me an actual reasoning behind why I wash my car so much, a reason for atleast a month or two out of the year.

Hmm. I've not had any issues using the California car duster to remove pollen or dust??? Pretty dusty here in the desert. I've used the duster then waterless washed the whole vehicle after a windy day and my paint still looks good. I must admit, though, it is time for the yearly polish as my paint does have some swirls from all the washes over the past year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also regularly use my California Duster on my Tungsten Challenger. Had it is a nice, brightly-lit garage over the weekend and I didn't see any swirls or micro scratches, and I had just corrected my hood a week before, and have dusted the car several times.

Dodge have a tougher to scratch clear coat than others?

I got tired of fixing my dad's Chevelle every time he got his duster out. I threw the one he bought me and his out a long time ago.

WW and a WW Towel, a little common sense, and lots of folding are your friend!

If it appears to pollen coated, better get out the buckets!

Mook

Pine trees are the most common thing in my area, so pollen is just a fact of life for the month of March. Sometimes if its really windy you can see a yellow fog in the air. The best way I've found to deal with it is just a proper wash, and to live with the yellow dust for the days in between.

I wash my car 3-5 times a week year-round as it is...

Why do you wash so frequently? Are you driving down dirt roads? And how do you find the time?!

we gots lots o pollen right now too! both cars were covered in it and one is garaged at night. nothing a 2 bucket wash therapy every Sunday can't handle! lovely thing about pollen is it doesn't stick to paint like dirt and road grime does. the slightest water pressure will get rid of it!

Jas,

I think that the average wash would be required to safely and completely remove the pollen. I would be concerned that anything less would lead to swirls. Me personally, I don't apply any "waterless washes", quick detailer, car covers, or "dusting" items to the car if there's pollen on it. It's a pain in the butt during this time of year....washing the car so frequently...but it's necessary unless you want that yellow tinge to your paint.

See ya on the road,

Matt

I would never drive my car on a dirt road, i'm just way to OCD, I can never drive a car with any dirt or film of dust/pollen. I find time after work/class.

What do you do it you get caught in a rainstorm? Call a tow truck to tow it home so you can wash it. :lol:

funny this comes up.... while hunting for a place to rent a couple years ago, one of the houses we were going to look at was in a fairly new neighborhood that wasn't paved yet. i just happened to be in my camaro that day, and when i came up to the entrance i immediately just kept driving without turning in. the wife started freaking out thinking i missed our turn, but i turned to her and said, "i'm not driving this car down a gravel road! are you crazy?" she was pissed, but later glad we didn't when i explained to her, that her precious car would get riddled with rock chips too if we lived down there.

not everyone in Texas rides a horse for transportation :)

I bought a California Duster a couple of years ago....before I got into more advanced detailing. It worked great on a white Nissan Pathfinder that wasn't a show vehicle. But as soon as I discovered "swirls"...I realized that I needed to introduce my California Duster to the bottom shelf of my collection.

See ya on the road,

Matt

I never use mine on my paint anymore, but it does a bang up job on the dash.

funny this comes up.... while hunting for a place to rent a couple years ago, one of the houses we were going to look at was in a fairly new neighborhood that wasn't paved yet. i just happened to be in my camaro that day, and when i came up to the entrance i immediately just kept driving without turning in. the wife started freaking out thinking i missed our turn, but i turned to her and said, "i'm not driving this car down a gravel road! are you crazy?" she was pissed, but later glad we didn't when i explained to her, that her precious car would get riddled with rock chips too if we lived down there.

not everyone in Texas rides a horse for transportation :)

Within the next year we're going to be buying some acreage. A paved driveway is an expense that I simply must have.

Would the metrovac sidekick remove any pollen? If so it would save on waterless wash and towels. Stupid question but could you soak the the area with detail spray and wipe with maybe a Double/Single soft towel if you didn't have any Waterless Wash. My black truck looks good for alittle bit but then back to being yellow/green

THIS is exactly what I'm dealing with!

My CA duster did some lights scratches on my car even after I watched the proper junkman way and still messed it up, so I will need to work on that!

I guess I will just deal with it.

Thanks for all your input! My first question here, and I am very impressed!!:2thumbs:

Go over lightly with the California duster and then shake it out after each swipe

Use waterless wash if the surface appears anything but dusty

I thought you were in the DC area when I read pollen. That mess just started showing up this week here too. It's not as bad as it's gonna get soon. I've seen it so bad that before I've even finished drying my car I have yellow beads of water. That's on those days we I can actually see it flying through the air. I have a dark color car so it shows way more than my last two cars which were white. It is soft but when it gets caked up on a towel I will wipe in one direction only and turn the towel to a clean section.

DX on too many different ROMs to keep updating my signature - via Tapatalk

Yup. It gets so bad here that you just need to accept it and wait it out.

It's a pollen magnet because the positive ions in the pollen react with the negatice ions emitted from your car. When the hypotenuse of the quantum bubblenautics theory polarizes to -10 to the nth... oh no I've gone crosseyed.

If the car in your avatar is the car in question it's because it's black. Everything shows up on black more than any other color.

As for how to wash it I would ASSUME WW would be sufficient since pollen is super duper soft and wouldn't scratch anything, but we don't have pollen problems in MI... thankfully. Hopefully someone can tell you the correct for certain method.

Archived