Customer Service 866.965.0400

What does your house look like?

Maxspeed

We put our old home on the market on a Tuesday (FSBO) and sold it to the first couple that walked through it on Saturday. We must have done something right with it. lol

Chris

Congrats Chris!

I live close to Metro Airport in a very nice area. There are a few homes around our area that a few years ago were priced at $300k and one just sold for $190k within the past few months. Over 2500 sq. ft brick' date=' attached 2 car garage and 5 acres. Crazy. :willy:

Alot of the people in Metro Detroit have lost their homes because of the bad economy. Foreclosures are everywhere. Its almost worth it to buy homes for rentals if you can afford it because everyone's credit has gone to crap. We have no problem renting out our other house.

Sorta sad.[/quote']

Im looking at a house in R.O. 3 bd, 1 bth, on basement with a 2car detach in R.O. listed at 150k... before the mortgage bubble burst it would have easily sold at 225K.

As for people in the metro D loosing their homes, I maybe a jerk but I feel bad for very few of them. Yes there are some good people who have lost their homes but in my line of work I have seen so many who are just clueless when it comes to budgeting and finances... I love when I hear someone talking about buying the house down the street and walking away from their current home because "all these foreclosures are bringing down the value of my house"...... :confused:

Im looking at a house in R.O. 3 bd, 1 bth, on basement with a 2car detach in R.O. listed at 150k... before the mortgage bubble burst it would have easily sold at 225K.

As for people in the metro D loosing their homes, I maybe a jerk but I feel bad for very few of them. Yes there are some good people who have lost their homes but in my line of work I have seen so many who are just clueless when it comes to budgeting and finances... I love when I hear someone talking about buying the house down the street and walking away from their current home because "all these foreclosures are bringing down the value of my house"...... :confused:

sounds like a deal, but will having just 1 bath hurt the resale later on? no idea what the norm is in your area.

I live close to Metro Airport in a very nice area. There are a few homes around our area that a few years ago were priced at $300k and one just sold for $190k within the past few months. Over 2500 sq. ft brick' date=' attached 2 car garage and 5 acres. Crazy. :willy:

Alot of the people in Metro Detroit have lost their homes because of the bad economy. Foreclosures are everywhere. Its almost worth it to buy homes for rentals if you can afford it because everyone's credit has gone to crap. We have no problem renting out our other house.

Sorta sad.[/quote']

My buddy's mom's house in Inkster was listed at 139 before the bubble, now the house down the street sold for 32.

Needless to say she just rents it out to her kid now for the cost of taxes and utilities.

My buddy's mom's house in Inkster was listed at 139 before the bubble, now the house down the street sold for 32.

Needless to say she just rents it out to her kid now for the cost of taxes and utilities.

i'd love to have those property taxes :lolsmack:

i'd love to have those property taxes :lolsmack:

Surprisingly they are actually pretty high. The area is filled with Arabic gas station owners. They have some mansions two blocks over... really out of place. But the street they are all built on is amazing.

Bernie,

I like the RO, Berk, Fern area but there seems to be alot of traffic which I tend to try and avoid anymore (except for third weekend in August every year). :thumbsup:

I like the country living. We don't hear alot of traffic other than maybe an airplane firing up now and then and I275 & 94 traffic occassionally.

I love looking out my back window and seeing nothing. :D

AND this Kills me: "I love when I hear someone talking about buying the house down the street and walking away from their current home"!!! :help:

Our rental home is in Inkster (CH & JD-across from those mansions). The house was appraised at $135k 5 years ago and now it is appraised at $75k. But like you said, some of the homes in the neighborhood are going for much lower so we sit on it and wait to put it on the market- sometime hopefully within the next few years. :xfingers:

Houses are still very expensive in my area. We moved about 8 years ago and got a foreclosure. It needed a little work but it was pretty inexpensive. There is a house down the street that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for when I finish school. Just checked the price on it (I estimated 80k value before the crash) 119k. Single story, garage, good neighborhood.

It would need paint and revamp in the kitchen.

MLS # 618530 - 705 Washington Circle, Hartselle AL, | Homes.com

Detroit got hammered! Same thing happened to a guy here... He's selling his deceased in-laws home which he bought for them. He's asking next to nothing for it, and can't sell it. He said the neighbor hood is decent too.

We never got a lot of the bubble here. We stay pretty constant.

Chris

Houses are still very expensive in my area. We moved about 8 years ago and got a foreclosure. It needed a little work but it was pretty inexpensive. There is a house down the street that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for when I finish school. Just checked the price on it (I estimated 80k value before the crash) 119k. Single story, garage, good neighborhood.

It would need paint and revamp in the kitchen.

MLS # 618530 - 705 Washington Circle, Hartselle AL, | Homes.com

AHHH!!!!! wood panelled walls! :willy: it would be like an episode of That's 70s Show everyday in there :D

nice house though, but like you said, a little update wouldn't hurt! offer them what you think its worth and see if they accept!

You can get some badass houses here in Vegas right now for dirt cheap.

Buddy of mine just bought beautiful house in McDonald Ranch for ~$230,000. The house sold for ~800k a few years back.

thats nuts!

i guess if anyone loves to gamble and wants a vacation home there, now is the time to buy!

You can get some badass houses here in Vegas right now for dirt cheap.

Buddy of mine just bought beautiful house in McDonald Ranch for ~$230,000. The house sold for ~800k a few years back.

Yeah my sister and her husband have been looking at a home in Henderson that sold a couple years ago for almost $400k, and its now $170K. There are some crazy deals out there. My brother In-Law qualifies for a 0 Down VA loan being in the Army Reserves, they would jump on that house right now if it was not for the fact that he currently is in training to become a Nevada Highway Patrolman and they dont know if he will end up in Vegas or Not.

Im kinda kicking myself for buying a fixer-upper like I just did (even though I own it out right). My wife and I want this house bad:

Featured Homes for Sale in Klamath Falls

This house would have been worth 300K a few years ago. It has 3 beds 2.5 Baths 2500sqft, pool 4 car garage and is in a great neighborhood for only $139,000. It needs a little updating but it is a great starting point. It has been on the Market for a couple years now.

My boss is working on getting me a promotion that will double my current salary, maybe if that happens I can save up for a down payment, and maybe that house will be still for sale in 6 months or so. I can buy it and rent out my current home (After I fix some of the issues):xfingers:

Bernie' date='

I like the RO, Berk, Fern area but there seems to be alot of traffic which I tend to try and avoid anymore (except for third weekend in August every year). :thumbsup:

I like the country living. We don't hear alot of traffic other than maybe an airplane firing up now and then and I275 & 94 traffic occassionally.

I love looking out my back window and seeing nothing. :D

AND this Kills me: "I love when I hear someone talking about buying the house down the street and walking away from their current home"!!! :help:

[/quote']

I cant blame you on not wanting to be in the city, honestly 5 years ago I thought people were crazy to pay the prices to live in smaller houses and yards.... That was until some friends I consider family moved to Berkley a few years back and I fell in love with the area. I still feel like i will eventually move to a place with a little more yard but right now im young and on the move so this seems like the best fit right now. Also those good friends had a little girl this past September and she has me wrapped around her little finger so of course its nice to be closer to them. :)

sounds like a deal, but will having just 1 bath hurt the resale later on? no idea what the norm is in your area.

Not really Royal Oak is an older area for the most part so a lot of the houses (at least in my range) are one bath. The basement is unfinished so Im kicking around the idea of putting one down there when I finish that. It does however have a 2 car garage ( priorities man lol) where most in that area have small 1 car shacks. :2thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

The only 'recent' pic I could find but it's about 6 years old.

paulsphotos007Stitch-crop.jpg

The shutters are now red, the bushes next to the garage are gone, the birch tree is as high as the second floor windows, the yew on the end is as tall as the garage and the truck was replaced by the G8.

some of you guys have some really nice houses!! my wife all the time complains about money, but 26 years old, nice couple of cars, a fast drag bike, and a nice warm house... i dont see much to complain about lol. people i graduated with barely pay their cell phone bills..

Here is some of my house we built it 4 years ago (not bad for a 27 year old when we built it) and the man cave. As you can see I am a big fan of the Ravens. Need to get a better pic of the house with out snow. Only one I have right now.

e56ff2a4.jpg

Man Cave

2da05fe2.png

c62bdb7c.jpg

d894127e.jpg

Here is some of my house we built it 4 years ago (not bad for a 27 year old when we built it) and the man cave. As you can see I am a big fan of the Ravens. Need to get a better pic of the house with out snow. Only one I have right now.

e56ff2a4.jpg

Man Cave

2da05fe2.png

c62bdb7c.jpg

d894127e.jpg

Ah you must be a Steelers Fan:lolsmack:

I like the craftsman style posts Ryan. We have these on our back deck. It's the big thing right now... Again... lol

You should look into upgrading the garage door top panel with windows. They have some nice square windows with muttons that would look great on your house.