Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing in this heat!

Frid

Question

Anyone else having difficulties finding a time to wash their ride? It's light out til about 9pm and the scorching heat isn't helping at all. Debating whether I want to wait til later tonight and bring out the halogens or to wake up early as heck tomorrow morning.

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I need to get an app that calculates when the sun will be in the position each afternoon where the shade covers the entire driveway each day. Much like sunrise/sunset on the weather forecasts, bit modify it to take into account the height of the roof of my house and the angle needed for full shade.

I've been washing in the garage still the past couple weekends. I just don't like the heat knocking me around like that. The wife gave me a funny look, thinking I would get water everywhere. Silly woman.

I have been driving mine through the automatic to knock the dirt off

KIDDING! :jester:

Not kidding! But I do only go through the touchless wash then go home and apply finishing touches such as wheels and clay bar the bug guts off the front end.

Reason: I live off a well and I'm starting to get concerned about it going dry. I've heard some are in my area. I'd hate for the water to stop and then my wife remind me of how I used all that water to wash the car. :willy:

I've also been using a touchless carwash, then heading home and using a liberal amount of waterless wash to wipe off the bumpers and behind the wheels. Working so far, though it's using a lot of my WW.

It's 6:50am here and I just finished mine. The neighbors love the sound of a sidekick blowing off the car nice and early on a Saturday morning! :D

The roosters in my neighborhood filed a complaint with Code Enforcement becuase my Air Force Master Blaster was waking them up!

:lolsmack:

The roosters in my neighborhood filed a complaint with Code Enforcement becuase my Air Force Master Blaster was waking them up!

:lolsmack:

:bow:

I don't have the nerve to do that to my neighbors...

Since I have been washing early in the morning (starting around 6 am) I have stopped using the blower and now just do the pooling rinse and use a 2nd great white to finish up the drying.

Can't wait for this blasted heat and water restrictions to be over so I can return to daytime detailing!! :glasses:

Since I have been washing early in the morning (starting around 6 am) I have stopped using the blower and now just do the pooling rinse and use a 2nd great white to finish up the drying.

Can't wait for this blasted heat and water restrictions to be over so I can return to daytime detailing!! :glasses:

The AF Master Blaster is extremely loud on its own, however, it's when you aim it at the lug nut cavaties and/or the rearview mirrors, that it really screams. I'm really, really, really looking forward to Oct for the cool down.

The best thing I know to do is to set up a tent like you would see at a tailgate party or an outdoor expo type thing. Leave the car under it for a bit to help cool the panels down some and proceed to wash from there. Should help with the soap and water drying on the car too much.

Anyone else having difficulties finding a time to wash their ride? It's light out til about 9pm and the scorching heat isn't helping at all. Debating whether I want to wait til later tonight and bring out the halogens or to wake up early as heck tomorrow morning.

"Yes!!" The sun peaks over the Eastern mountain and covers my 210' driveway and other parking areas for the entire day.

Thought about using lights to wash it in the evenings ~ however, the second any light comes on around my place after dark, you will be eating bugs.

I'm STILL waiting for the contractor to get my detailing shop put up. There will be snow on the ground before he gets started on it.

Water restrictions Dave? Geesh, when did that go into effect? That's why I'm thankful to be on a Well.

I got the wife's car and my truck washed and every morning I do a WW on both of them. Only way I can stay ahead of the dust and dirt.

Went down today and bought a brand new (2013) 32' travel trailer. It's going to kill me to take my truck and pull that "thing" into a dusty campground just so I can listen to the birds wake me up ~ pine needles falling on the truck, bird bombs, pine sap ~all of that just to enjoy a cup of coffee out in the woods.:help: