Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to do with old, non-Adams products?

estecoca

Question

I have a ton of Meguiars and Zymol products that I dont know what to do with now that I am hooked on Adams. Not to mention a ton of MF towels and rags.

I hate to thrown these out b/c they cost me a good deal of $, but its not like Im going to use them now that I have Adams. I have a full container of Zymol Japon and Carbon wax that I really hate to toss out as it was good stuff.

What did you all do with your pre Adams stuff?

Whatever you decide to do with them, please do it conscientiously. If you end up tossing the products please dispose of them in a way that does not hurt your local environment. Fortunately our products are environmentally friendly but the same can't be said for a majority of our competitors.

The safest thing you can do is give them to guys you compete with at car shows - you'll win every time and the chemicals won't end up in a drain!

I still have all of it, and was wondering the same thing the other day...hehe...what the heck do I do with all this stuff???

I am keeping the cheepo MF towels, as they work great for engine bay stuff, exhaust tips, ect, anything that tears them up. They never touch my paint. :thumbsup:

Guest Richie Carbone

Next time you see a concrete foundation being poured just toss them in,

it was good enough for Hoffa......:lol:

:2thumbs:

I am keeping the cheepo MF towels, as they work great for engine bay stuff, exhaust tips, ect, anything that tears them up. They never touch my paint.

I agree !!!! :thumbsup:

The other stuff, waxes, instant detailers, etc were used on our daily drivers until they were exhausted..

Now ! the detailing supply bin is nice and neat with only Adam's labels !!:2thumbs:

Val

I was working with this guy and he didn't have a lot of money and a family to support. He detailed friends cars on the weekends for some extra cash. He worked really hard for me and is a genuinely nice guy. I ended up giving him a bunch of different stuff from microfiber towels, Meguiar's, Mother's, etc. I ended up giving it all to him. The look on his face was worth it because there was a lot of money in that giant box he didn't have to spend. He knew it wasn't an act of charity, but one friend helping another.

I was working with this guy and he didn't have a lot of money and a family to support. He detailed friends cars on the weekends for some extra cash. He worked really hard for me and is a genuinely nice guy. I ended up giving him a bunch of different stuff from microfiber towels, Meguiar's, Mother's, etc. I ended up giving it all to him. The look on his face was worth it because there was a lot of money in that giant box he didn't have to spend. He knew it wasn't an act of charity, but one friend helping another.

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: That's terrific.

Yeah, that is very cool. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A lot of stuff, I've won or got in goody bags at car shows. I take all the unopened stuff and give it to the Mrs. She in turn gets a basket or bucket, fills it up, and donates it to another car show for a giveaway.

Cleans out the cupboard and helps someone else. :rockon:

That is classy, sir!

:rockon:

The cheap microfiber towels I have are fine for the interior and cleaning the glass. The old detail spray is for claying. The glaze, polish, wax etc. is in limbo. I don't know what I'll eventually do with them. I approve of the idea of giving them away to the less demanding. But this thread has me thinking about making a gift to someone. Perhaps the guy that asks for money at the stoplight ...... nah. Seems cruel to make someone happy getting inferior car care products.

Les

I put it all in a big box, sat the box out on the curb with a sign saying "free car wax"!!! It wasn't hard - people like free stuff even if it is inferior. It was all gone in 10 min. to two guys. I offered a 4oz bottle of detail spray to each just to have a clear conscience. It worked, I got rid of poor quality stuff, introduced two guys to ADAM'S and have room for the gal size of most everything offered by Adam!!! If I am given some other product, I look around for some guy that has a wife and kids with him and give him a free gift. That works every time too!!! People just like to get free stuff, it's the American way:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:!!!

I put it all in a big box, sat the box out on the curb with a sign saying "free car wax"!!! It wasn't hard - people like free stuff even if it is inferior. It was all gone in 10 min. to two guys. I offered a 4oz bottle of detail spray to each just to have a clear conscience. It worked, I got rid of poor quality stuff, introduced two guys to ADAM'S and have room for the gal size of most everything offered by Adam!!! If I am given some other product, I look around for some guy that has a wife and kids with him and give him a free gift. That works every time too!!! People just like to get free stuff, it's the American way:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:!!!

Nicely done PJ!! Thanks for your support, and for your kind post:2thumbs:

I kept some of mine.. I use the old microfibers for cleaning the engine compartment, exhaust tip, etc.... Basically places I would not want to use the good Adams MFs.... I use some of the waxes on my camper. Even though the camper is new, it is 39' long and I am too cheap to use that much of the good stuff on it...........

The rest of the waxes and things I gave to my daughters... At the rate they wash their cars, they may never have to buy wax in their lifetimes (certainly not while they are single, anyway! LOL)............

Nice deal. We should all work together like that and help each other get through these financial difficult times. :patriot: