Customer Service 866.965.0400

new grit guard

Fit08

Question

Adam/Dylan

I was thinking of a possible new grit guard design mainly for our wheel brushes and amy help with mitts as well.

What if the grit guard was truned up say on a 45 degree angle and still kept off the bucket bottom. This would allow one to "scrub" the brush better because of the long handle. It would aid in the cleaning of mitts as well. Even a cone shape might work.

Just thinking out loud gents.

Ralph

Adam/Dylan

I was thinking of a possible new grit guard design mainly for our wheel brushes and amy help with mitts as well.

What if the grit guard was truned up say on a 45 degree angle and still kept off the bucket bottom. This would allow one to "scrub" the brush better because of the long handle. It would aid in the cleaning of mitts as well. Even a cone shape might work.

Just thinking out loud gents.

Ralph

Easy fix. Take a heavy piece of metal ~ something like the BBQ Grill or perhaps something with smaller squares in it. Then take a cutting torch or hack saw and after some fine measuring and smoothing the edges off, put this in the bucket at an angle. Scrub down, scrub up. :confused:

Easy fix. Take a heavy piece of metal ~ something like the BBQ Grill or perhaps something with smaller squares in it. Then take a cutting torch or hack saw and after some fine measuring and smoothing the edges off, put this in the bucket at an angle. Scrub down, scrub up. :confused:

You call that an "easy" fix?!? :help::lolsmack:

You call that an "easy" fix?!? :help::lolsmack:

Hmmmmmm! In retrospect perhaps I should go find a different word other than "easy."

Well if I "hired" a fabricator or scrub bucket engineer, "I" wouldn't have to do any work on it. :confused:

I always pull my grit guard off the bottom to scrubs the pads. rwisejr that is exactly what I was going to propose when I saw this thread.

Good idea, but that is a PITA when you have the bucket cadies all locked in place though:rockon:

Interested to hear some feedback on these. The only reason I have held off on purchasing them is that they do not have baffles on the bottom like the Grit Guard. They are also shorter than the Grit Guard. Due to the shorter legs and lack of baffles, I fear the turbulence from putting the was media in and out of the bucket could push the grit back up into the 'cleaner' wash water.

Interested to hear some feedback on these. The only reason I have held off on purchasing them is that they do not have baffles on the bottom like the Grit Guard. They are also shorter than the Grit Guard. Due to the shorter legs and lack of baffles, I fear the turbulence from putting the was media in and out of the bucket could push the grit back up into the 'cleaner' wash water.

I use mine for my wheel bucket . Great for cleaning my wheel and well brushes

If you're just interested in the vertical grit guard, I've seen the Wooster brand paint grids used. Here are a few pics, made in the USA too.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025D4F0Q?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links]Wooster R007[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wooster-Brush-R008-Gallon-Grid/dp/B000DZF47Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1357069389&sr=1-1&keywords=Wooster+r008]Wooster R008[/ame]

Both will clip onto a 5 gallon bucket.

What about making one for brush cleaning? May look a little "backwoods" but chop a bucket down to all of about 4" above where the Grit Guard would stick inside the bucket. So it would look like a supermidget bucket, but you could utilize the skids on the grit guard that way...

I might get one of these and experiment a bit. I'm thinking about hacking the legs off and zip tying it to the top of a grit guard. That would retain the height and baffles of the Grit Guard while adding the vertical brush/mitt scrubbing grid. Hmm...

Thats what I'm doing, I got the one in the picture, strictly for the vertical part. Should be here tomorrow.