Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shine Crew Complete: Camaro ZL-1

THE Mook

Morning!

The Shine Crew here in the Warehouse had the opportunity to really make this Beast shine for our new labels, and a few shows we took it to.

Crystal Red Camaro ZL-1. This car sounds so mean and sexy at the same time, it's amazing! The owner, Ryan is a great guy too, and really drives this thing. Heck I think he may have even scared Adam a little bit on a joy ride! (Notice our new RACE RAMPS!)

The Process here was your typical Shine Crew Detail...

Clean all wheels and tires, and the engine bay using APC, GWC, the Wheel Woolies, and a Boar's hair Brush. Two Bucket Wash with Car Shampoo, the 11x11 Wash Pad, and the 9x9 Wash Pad. Dry using the Master Blaster. All inside door jambs and boots treated with SVRT or In and Out Spray. Seats and Dash treated with Leather Conditioner. Wheels dressed with SVRT. Exhaust tips polished as much as we could get to them with Metal Polish #1 and Metal Polish #2 on the Blue Hex Applicators; knocked down with an Edgeless Utility Towel. All trim not reachable with SVRT was hit with In and Out Spray, including the engine bay, lower front valance, fog light pockets, lower wiper cowl. Entire car was taped using our NEW Detailer's Tape. Made for easy work not having to "dust out" the gaps.

We hit the inside of the doors with a combination of SVRT, Leather Conditioner, and BG on the painted part of the door panel.

The paint and glass were clayed using DS as a Lubricant. Upon claying the car, I noticed, in spots, mainly on the flat surfaces, some hard water spotting. It wasn't all the way through the clear coat, so I was able to remove them either by hand with SHR and the Orange Hex Grip, or by Machine. In spots, we used SHR but mainly this was FMP on the Flex. Two Passes. Followed by a coat of BG. Then followed up with two thin coats of APW. Everything was then dressed again, and the glass was made to be perfect, before the photoshoot.

I would like to thank Eric, Chris, and Gail from the Warehouse, for their help in getting this baby so so so so Sexy! Special thanks also to Eric for his Great photos.

Here you can see the Carbon Fiber patch on the left has no polish. On the right, it's been polished. Really popping now!

6b9f1abb.jpg

Here is the best pic I had of the Water spotting.

256c526c.jpg

Our Clay and DS buddies about to get down.

029cfa2e.jpg

The picture doesn't do this finished door justice. BG REALLY makes a difference!

79781fff.jpg

THIS is an engine bay! :burnout:

f8639bdd.jpg

One of my favorite completed shots.

6d5bf3c8.jpg

Onto some Finished Shots.:drool:

60f03394.jpg

e288ee22.jpg

eec59a3a.jpg

b81c472c.jpg

cc6a9749.jpg

129b67d2.jpg

6ac40020.jpg

e283280e.jpg

2cdd72ee.jpg

ed8710fe.jpg

be9a96bd.jpg

e5dfe760.jpg

Thank You,

The Shine Crew

Mook

Ohhhhhhhh is that a beauty!! Fantastic job!:rockon::rockon:

Our local Chevy Dealer had a ZL1 delivered the other day and that owner was smart. He took delivery of his car straight off the car hauler and into his trailer. He wouldn't even let the dealership unwrap the plastic. :thumbsup:

My kinda guy! :cheers:

Ohhhhhhhh is that a beauty!! Fantastic job!:rockon::rockon:

Our local Chevy Dealer had a ZL1 delivered the other day and that owner was smart. He took delivery of his car straight off the car hauler and into his trailer. He wouldn't even let the dealership unwrap the plastic. :thumbsup:

My kinda guy! :cheers:

Thats how its going to be with my next whatever I but too!

love the color! reminds me of the SS i had!

but seriously, why would they route the heater hoses like that?!? :confused:

lol Those aren't heater hoses...They are for the air to water intercooler which is under the blower.

Something really funny about that system, they used the electric water pump out of the Volt, turned it up from 50 to 80 watts, to pump the intercooler fluid...

Edited by Loop

lol Those aren't heater hoses...They are for the air to water intercooler which is under the blower.

Something really funny about that system, they used the electric water pump out of the Volt, turned it up from 50 to 80 watts, to pump the intercooler fluid...

ahh hah! well still looks awkward. i like the way magnacharger does it in their kits more :D