Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Weight loss update :)

LowNslo

Didn't wanna jack anyone's thread so decided I would throw out my results!

May 25 I started:

I began by altering my portion size during my meals and started walking/jogging(when I could) and I couldn't even go a mile without being dead!

Me at 260:

IMG_1650.png

IMG_1649.png

de87074c.jpg

After 3 weeks of working hard I had dropped 12 lbs and started mixing in some mountain bike exercise:

cd3d219a.jpg

2.jpg

I was actually close to 245^^^^^^ not 235 lol, I mistyped and couldn't fix it :(

Fast forward to the middle of july and I was at the 20lb mark

05d6dd92.jpg

df87c4d7.jpg

Picture001.jpg

The end of july I was just shy of 230 trying to make progress, I hit a wall at 237 and stayed there for a while...... so on to working harder, I changed my diet and added more cardio while also lifting.......

before i started lifting:

282e3d9e.jpg

after three weeks of lifting:

bd155c38.jpg

The end of july neared and I was at 234:

61fd00b2.jpg

94d64e1c.jpg

Fast forward to July 29 I weighed before going to church and was at the 230 mark!!!!!!!!!

368155c2.jpg

I am still working and have started training for sprint triathlon events in the next months to come. I went this past Saturday and did 44 miles on my road bike and jogged 3, then on Sunday I rode 12 more miles and spent an hour in the gym! I have been feeling great. This goes to show you, its not about fancy shakes, or pills, or even that infomercials that tell you all ya gotta do is 3 minutes per day for abs lol. It takes dedication, hard work, and a drive to want more! Good luck to everyone who is trying to lose weight or become fit, and any question I can help answer, I will be glad to try to pass the info I have learned thus far!

Congrats

You went on the only diet that actauly works, and that is excercise and portion control. So many people try out the new "it" diets only to loose weight and gain it back later. Im glad you took the "no-drug" approach to weight loss as well:cheers:

Congrats Chris!

Dropping some weight myself - 17 lbs in 4 weeks. For me it was stopping with soda and sweet tea, no snacks, and Stairmaster or stationary bike 3 times a week for 30-40 minutes. One non-water drink a day (usually decaf sweet tea) and one beer a week. Hoping to be at 210 next Monday, that will be 26 lbs from my highest weight.

nice job bro! keep it up!

I was on a roll last year.. my highest was 305, then dropped to 253.. unfortunately back up to 272 for the past few months.. gotta get my arse back in gear, lol

Thanks everyone! Its def hard work but my new motto is "Hey its only 1 hour in the gym after work".

I take the approach of what I don't have is what I will never miss.... Meaning that extra helping of food, or that large coke or a glass of sweet tea instead of water.

The start of my program was just to drop sweet tea (almost 1 gallon per day). Then add some exercise and cut back on my portion sized but still eat what I want to. I wanted to see how far that would take me so I did that until I hit my plateau. Only then did I change the quality of my diet (more protein and veggies, less meat&potatoes type food). I have been hard at training for a sprint triathlon but unfortunately I won't be ready for the one this weekend so October is the one I will shoot for.

If some of you are wanting to try and lose weight, don't wait until Monday or "Just after the weekend", get started today, go eat a healthy salad today for lunch, make a tuna sandwich on wheat bread tonight for dinner. Eat light and semi healthy and don't give up everything all at once. Make a thread to hold yourself accountable and keep it updated with progress weather its good or bad. Choose to be your own motivator!

Great Job.. :thumbsup:

The cycling will help alot ,, I use to hit the scale around 245 2.5 years ago. Started cycling back and forth to work,,, 7 miles each way,, then started riding on weekends.. from easy to the hardest,, now ride all the time,, 100 miles on the weekends... usually keep my cadence around 95 to 106 for the 100 miles. Heart Rate above 130 for 2-3 hours at least peaking around 170 on climbs.

Now hit the scale around 182. But like others said, Portion size big factor, but no cokes, watching what I eat. My daughter makes my energy bars home made. We splurge on Friday nights,, eat out fast food or something like that. Also try not to eat after 5 or 530 pm.

You got great results,,, Keep up the great work.

Little update this morning..... I worked helping with a sprint triathlon this weekend and found that to be very interesting! So October 13th I will participate in my first one! I thought that if I have a goal then I will push myself to meet or exceed it! So with just a about 6 weeks left of training before my event I have set up a plan to move forward! Oh and a little progress pic as well :)

56F146DF-CFFF-4F65-88EB-7A467E7EDFFA-5194-000006219FAF48F5.jpg

My wife has an interesting perspective on it since she's dieting as well and has dropped a little over 30 lbs. She says every ten lbs. is a bag of potatoes. Go lift one. When you've lost 20, lift two, 30-lift 3. Then think about it. As heavy as those three bags of 10 lb. potatoes are.......that's how much extra weight you've been carrying around. Just wait till you hit four and five bags!!

You're doing great!! Keep up the good work! :cheers:

Great job on the weight loss!

I've dieting for a few months now as well. I started out at 225 and I am now down to 188 and down 3 pants sizes, and I feel so much better about myself!

Keep up the hard work!

Kody