Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foaming/Washing

Frid

Question

Wanted to start this thread to get a better view of how people go through the process of foaming and washing. Do you guys foam and go straight over with your 2/3 bucket wash? Or do you rinse after the foaming and then follow with your wash? I personally have been rinsing before washing but wanted to know what you guys do.

19 answers to this question

i do two foams, one soaking for 10-15 minutes, then wash off then foam again and continue with normal 2 bucket wash!

the first one soaks into the grime and loosens it, most of it comes off with a pressure washer. Anything to prevent spreading unnecessary loose dirt, if its really really dirty ill do 2 "rinse" foams followed by the 3rd wash foam

:thumbsup:

Wanted to start this thread to get a better view of how people go through the process of foaming and washing. Do you guys foam and go straight over with your 2/3 bucket wash? Or do you rinse after the foaming and then follow with your wash? I personally have been rinsing before washing but wanted to know what you guys do.

I like having a layer of foam on my car's surface as I do the 2 bucket wash... it just feels safer as the mitt/pad glides over the paint as opposed to a rinsed surface.

Before I do anything, I blast away with the firehose nozzle to get rid of any major dirt/grime. From there I foam it up for about 5 min, then proceed to the 2 bucket wash... While this works for me, you should do whatever you find to minimize the chance of introducing swirls. :2thumbs:

i do two foams, one soaking for 10-15 minutes, then wash off then foam again and continue with normal 2 bucket wash!

the first one soaks into the grime and loosens it, most of it comes off with a pressure washer. Anything to prevent spreading unnecessary loose dirt, if its really really dirty ill do 2 "rinse" foams followed by the 3rd wash foam

:thumbsup:

Brendon, how do you feel about the Gilmour foam gun from Detailers Domain?

If I pull out the foam gun I only foam the car once, let it sit for a few minutes and then continue on w/ my normal 3 bucket process. Usually there is foaming solution left in the gun after spraying the car or truck one time, so I go ahead and use up the rest of the solution before going to the buckets. So, technically, I guess that's 2 foamings, but I don't rinse the first foam off.

A foam is a substance that is formed by trapping pockets of gas in a liquid or solid. A bath sponge and the head on a glass of beer are examples of foams. In most foams, the volume of gas is large, with thin films of liquid or solid seperting the regions of gas.

A foam is a substance that is formed by trapping pockets of gas in a liquid or solid. A bath sponge and the head on a glass of beer are examples of foams. In most foams, the volume of gas is large, with thin films of liquid or solid seperting the regions of gas.

I'm glad you can copy and paste from wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foam

lol!!

Edited by ihaveacamaro

I have the Gilmour gun... problem I run into is that the wax/sealant combo makes the foam run off the truck so fast that I sometimes feel like its not worth even doing. By the time I get my mitt in the bucket to start scrubbing, its all ran off the truck... Hopefully I am not the only one?

I have the Gilmour gun... problem I run into is that the wax/sealant combo makes the foam run off the truck so fast that I sometimes feel like its not worth even doing. By the time I get my mitt in the bucket to start scrubbing, its all ran off the truck... Hopefully I am not the only one?

Try this: use the gun as you're wiping the down the car with your wash mitt.

What I mean is, have the foam gun aimed and hitting the car right in front of where you're wiping with the mitt. I love this technique and it makes sure everything is compeletely lubricated as I'm washing. (Both hands are being used: one has the foam gun in it and one has your mitt)

YUP!  Adam's Waterless Wash has been a known ingredient in my Foam Cannon Cocktail for that very reason.  It helps the Car Shampoo stick to a vehicle that has a nice coat of protection on it.

What else is in your "cocktail"? Just curious.

i foam my truck completely, let it sit for a few then foam whatever section im about to work on first with my 2 bucket wash.  then move on to another section, foam it up and repeat.

Do you think that the dirt also slides off the paint as opposed to a thicker foam that adheres to the dirt and the paint?

If you want a less runny consistency, perhaps you need to change the ratio of soap to water. Just my 2 cents.