Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is it possible to get black 100% swirl free?

DTrem13

Question

I feel like my technique with my PC is getting better. I'm polishing my car today and it's not too bad to begin with. I did a pass of SHR and FMP on my good and it looks great. I can see a difference. But if I look closely, there's still very few swirl marks around the hood.

Those of you who have experience with black cars, what are your thoughts? Is it the best I can get to? Any input will help! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

11 answers to this question

it is as people have done it before. I dont have a black car but I know from those on here that it takes lots of time, and would recommend flex for that, but if its a daily driver I ask why make it perfect when there are birds and trees and bugs bound to mess it up and drive you crazy.

I did my neighbor's black Highlander to swirl free. Of course it took about a few hours every day for a week of polishing, but it is possible.

BrendasHighlanderdetail9-22-10073Largee-mailview.jpg

BrendasHighlanderdetail9-22-10060Largee-mailview.jpg

I've entertained the idea of a black car, but then the alarm goes off and I wake up! :D:jester:

My dark red car is dark enough for me and I do my best to keep the paint as close to swirl free as I can. Notice I didn't say perfect. I have way too many rock chips for perfection. :help::willy:

Great question Dan, and it is literally the substance of our existence to accomplish a zero-swirl black paint finish.

One thing that was certainly required, in our experience, is the Green Pad along with the Severe Swirl Remover, followed by the Orange Pad and the Swirl and Haze Remover.....repeat....repeat.... or:

Upgrade to the Flex Polisher, and accomplish the improved results you are interested in in about 30-40% the time.

Today's clear coat finishes are tough as nails, and the PC is good at minimizing swirls, but removing them 100% is a job reserved for the Flex Polisher and 3-pad process..

:thumbsup:

Edited by Adam

I'm still working on getting mine to swirl free (ok, I have a scratch that is laughing at the 4" pads on a drill). I started with the PC, upgraded to the Flex, and I think I just need more time. Then again, I have a 28 year old black C4. When I asked Junkman about a C4 vs C5 or C6, he just said forget it. Most people think it looks good, but I can still see it......

I have gotten the black paint on my wife's DD almost swirl free with the Flex and the process Adam was referring to. I say almost because it is a DD and as Paul mentioned it would put me in a strait jacket if I had gotten it to 100% only to see it get messed up from daily life!

Thanks everyone for their response! I've been very busy the past few days. I ended up settling with less than perfect but I'm happy with my results. A FLEX is definitely in the wish list for next year.

Thanks again!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2