Customer Service 866.965.0400

I added something to the stable

bjoeaull

So been kinda searching for a classic car. Came across one on ebay, as I usually do!:willy: I bid on it and actually hit the reserve and won, to my surprise cause I personally think I stole it! :jester: He has the car priced on the lot, $11,000 more than I paid for it, and internet price was like $14k more than I paid. So today I borrowed my neighbors sweet car hauler, and went on the 2 hour drive, picked up my Dad half way and we went to check it out. The place is literally across the street from the corvette museum in bowling green ky. So yes we visited it too! So arriving at the dealer (he basically just sells classic cars) it was sitting outside waiting for us to check out. We looked it over, I'm not gonna lie, it looked awesome, totally restored everywhere! Paint is great, but I think I can get it better! :pc: haha! Interior is basically new, under hood looks new, and so does the trunk. We went in checked out all his other cars. Went back out drove it, looked it over again, went in, paid, loaded it up, and proceeded to the vette museum. The Museum was pretty cool, I bet even cooler if you are big vette fan. Then drove home and unloaded, then soaked in the new car in the driveway feeling as random neighbors and my kids checked it out through the evening. I still need to study on it, see if it could be numbers matching, not sure, or original color. But I did get the original owners name so that could help.

So its a 69 Firebird 350-4 with an automatic. Has AC, PB, PS, 123k miles, but fully restored and rbuilt.

I originally was planning on taking it to Barrett Jackson in January and flipping it, but my Dad thinks I should just keep it for a bit and enjoy it so we shall see.

I'll get better pics sometime, but heres some teasers!

IMG_1282_zps5ca1f973.jpg

IMG_1280_zps21d8bb88.jpg

IMG_1284_zps1b0c4e9b.jpg

Thanks everyone! I am leaning towards keeping it, for now atleast. I managed to slip out and waterless wash it, and then some detail spray, mostly to get a little intimate with the paint, see how it looks. It really has a great paint job on it, that white just really pops. Kind of nice to have a low maintenance color, I've never owned white before. Maybe soon I can polish and wax it, then some more pics!

Congrats, That's a beautiful car!

When I was in high school I would walk home every day and pass a house that had one of these in their yard. I stopped every few days to try and convince the guy to sell it to me. I never could get him to budge. It was still there a couple of years later after I graduated...all rusted out and in sad sad shape.

Yeah that dealer had a handful of really nicely done cars, but a descent chunk were a little rough. But still fun to look through them all, good variety if nothing else. I did feel the firebird stood out a bit in the condition category there. Although he did have a very nice yenko camaro in there.

I do wish it had the 400 as previously mentioned, my dad has a 69 vert with the original 400 in it, so I know what I'm missing! haha. If its the original engine I will leave it be, but if its not, I may tinker with that down the road some day.

Nice find! January is definitely too soon to let her go; you need to have at least one cruising season together. I'm sure it's plenty of fun as-is, but as you mentioned it could be a good thing if it's not numbers-matching since you can mod it without guilt.:cheers:

What color is the interior?

• 2 months later...

Well, been crazy busy at our restaurant the past month or so, with little free time for cars. But today I made contact with the previous owner for the first time, he owned the car about 20 something years. He was a nice guy, has a race/repair shop from what I gather. He rebuilt everything drivetrain wise, put a comp cam in, said the motor was great and told me it needed nothing but maybe headers and a new distributor. He had another place do body work and paint, but said it had pretty much all original sheet metal.

But the best news he had for me was that it had the original motor, tranny, and rear end! This is great because even though I will drive this car when nice. Its still a place to park my money, lord knows the banks won't give you anything to let them borrow your money.

I still hope to get some time in with my new flex and polish her up a bit, then seal it. I hope to share some new pics in the future.